2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 49 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins wins 70-38. Bueckers had 14 in the 1st half and not much in the 2nd as the officials whistled her 3 times and she sat the last 7 mins or so.

Bueckers ended up with 20 points on 9-13 shooting after an 0-3 start.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/8

Saylor Poffenbarger: 13 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists

Sonia Citron: 12 points, 8 rebs, 4 assists

Hailey Van Lith's Cashmere had their playoff game moved to next week due to weather.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins plays again on Saturday. Here is their opponent's head coach prior to the game:

On top of the Royals being one of the best teams in the nation — Donarski also joked his team was ranked around 115 or 170 — but also has the top college recruit of the 2020 class in 5-foot-10 point guard Paige Bueckers.

“When we I say No. 1, she is everything she’s billed out to be,” Donarski said.

"She’s Diana Taurasi good, truthfully,” he continued of the WNBA’s all-time leading scorer. “Notre Dame and UConn are all over her, so she’s got the greatest programs in the country that want her."

Aquinas puts 47-game win streak on line vs. Top 20 team in country - WIZM 92.3FM 1410AM

Reaction Score
Here's a little highlight video for Caitlin Clark.

if I'm not mistaken UConn was not listed as having interest in Clark in that recent story about her.....................it certainly can't be about her talent so I assume either they know she is going elsewhere or they are satisfied with their other choices......................she's going to be a force for somebody.

"Following up on these exchanges, here's an Iowa-based article on Ms. Clark that came out after this game:
"She’s undecided on where she’ll attend college, but when she does choose, she’ll have plenty of options: essentially every relevant school, with the exception of UConn, has offered her a scholarship. "

Last edited:
Reaction Score
3C673ADC-15BC-47E2-97F6-233DBE401643.jpeg
Looks like this young lady plays on a top 6 team in America and she just won National Player of the Week.

Reaction Score
if I'm not mistaken UConn was not listed as having interest in Clark in that recent story about her......it certainly can't be about her talent so I assume either they know she is going elsewhere or they are satisfied with their other choices.......she's going to be a force for somebody.

"Following up on these exchanges, here's an Iowa-based article on Ms. Clark that came out after this game:
"She’s undecided on where she’ll attend college, but when she does choose, she’ll have plenty of options: essentially every relevant school, with the exception of UConn, has offered her a scholarship. "
She has a lot of chatter from the Notre Dame board.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She reminds me some of Ionesu. I'd take her in a heartbeat.
I was thinking Sue Bird in terms of her ability to manage a game and shoot the basketball. Many people forget that she was the starting PG for USA basketball U16 in the summer of 2017 and did not make the team to retain her position in 2018 due to a hand injury. In 2018 her starting PG spot then went to Azzi.

Reaction Score

Second half starting now. SJC leads 29-24.

Madison Scott for McNamara is a LONG 2020. She guards Fudd as well as anyone I’ve seen and she is 6’2”. Unfortunately for McNamara, Azzi took advantage of her sitting on the bench with a tweaked ankle.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia Miles scored 11 points Saturday (2/9).

Sasha Goforth scored 15 points Friday (2/8).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe 2022 Shay Bollin was at today's game as well. Second visit in past few weeks.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I believe 2021 Shay Bollin was at today's game as well. Second visit in past few weeks.

Speaking of which, here is a local piece mentioning her from the other day.

One of the biggest pieces to the Trojans this year that was missing in 2018 postseason is the play of freshman Shay Bollin.

Her presence in the middle as well as her ability to knocked down shots from the outside makes B-R hard to defend. Bollin leads the Trojans in scoring, rebounds, shooting percentage, three-point shooting percentage and block shots.

“Shay [Bollin] has made a huge difference,” said senior guard Kaleigh Matulonis, who is the second leading scorer at 8.9 points per game. “I think everything we built last year, she was our missing piece.”

Younger sister Kenzie Matulonis agreed with Kaleigh.

“It’s nice because she is such a versatile player,” Kenzie Matulonis said. “We can have her at any position on the floor and get her the ball. We have a big (center) now. We were pretty short last year so now we have someone over 6 feet.”

It's all about winning for the Bridgewater-Raynham girls basketball team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul