2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Where did I ever state that? Looks at their stats, Chong averaged 5pts and 2 assists per game. while playing at best average defense over her career. Stokes had a great senior season, but was incredibly inconsistent and put up very "meh" stats for the rest of her career, averaging just over 4pts and 5 rebounds/game in her first 3 seasons at UConn.
They may have not been superstars, but in team play everyone plays a role, no matter how small. I look at all the better than meh players on other teams who never got to play professionally, so I would say they probably would have at least put up Courtney Ekmark stats on less talented teams in college.

Reaction Score
They may have not been superstars, but in team play everyone plays a role, no matter how small. I look at all the better than meh players on other teams who never got to play professionally, so I would say they probably would have at least put up Courtney Ekmark stats on less talented teams in college.

Probably, but that is not what we are measuring. In my original post I stated "siginificant success at UConn".

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Would be happy to have players with Stokes or Chong's skills coming off bench this and next year.
Nail hit on head. I was thinking earlier this season that those two were precisely what UConn needed to go all the way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good lord I dislike today's recruiting. These kids are not even ten years younger than I am. What a world. Geno must hate it LOL.

MTC

Reaction Score
I have authoratative proof UConn has been in communication with SG but I don't know her level of interest in UConn at this point

She has lots of potential but does she have the drive.

Reaction Score
12/23

Hailey Van Lith totaled 30 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists in Saturday's win:

Hailey Van Lith surely has the best video coverage out there in recruiting land..........I wonder how involved she is with that...........?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/23

Sonia Citron had 27 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 steals on Sunday.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/27

Amari DeBerry had 12 points, 9 boards, and 5 blocks Wednesday facing a sagging zone. She had a 17 point, 10 rebound, 3 block game back on the 17th.

Reaction Score
Leilani Kapinus:

I assume she will be a medical red shirt next season.....................I've viewed her as an important secondary recruit at the pg position for UConn..............not sure whether their level of interest or for that matter whether other programs level of interest has changed as she is unlikely to play right away

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I assume she will be a medical red shirt next season......I've viewed her as an important secondary recruit at the pg position for UConn....not sure whether their level of interest or for that matter whether other programs level of interest has changed as she is unlikely to play right away
She is a HS Junior. She will have all next year (Senior HS) year to rehab. She is top 10 in the class she is not a secondary recruit for anyone including UCONN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She is a HS Junior. She will have all next year (Senior HS) year to rehab. She is top 10 in the class she is not a secondary recruit for anyone including UCONN.

sorry my mistake on her year............to the best of my knowledge UConn has offered at least two other point guards in the 2020 class both being highly recruited by others..................I would hope if they like her, LK would also be offered, that way the odds of getting at least one point guard would be greatly increased and if they were to get two that much the better as PB and Hailey Van Lith can handle either guard position...............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
sorry my mistake on her year..to the best of my knowledge UConn has offered at least two other point guards in the 2020 class both being highly recruited by others...I would hope if they like her, LK would also be offered, that way the odds of getting at least one point guard would be greatly increased and if they were to get two that much the better as PB and Hailey Van Lith can handle either guard position.....
I'm not sure she ends up being a guard in college. She might end up being a wing and play some PF as well. Think Gabby Williams. BTW she is the best defender in the class able to guard and lock up positions 1-4. Still not sure of UCONN's interest in her but she is too good to be anyone's back up plan.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure she ends up being a guard in college. She might end up being a wing and play some PF as well. Think Gabby Williams. BTW she is the best defender in the class able to guard and lock up positions 1-4. Still not sure of UCONN's interest in her but she is too good to be anyone's back up plan.

well if UConn has already made two other point guard offers and you know they truly covet Bueckers over anybody followed by Hailey Van Lith then she would technically be a third option at that position (she's listed as a pg) and there's no shame in that.................................from the limited video I have seen of her, I get the sense LK is not yet a great outside shooter so I'm not sure what her best position would be

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
well if UConn has already made two other point guard offers and you know they truly covet Bueckers over anybody followed by Hailey Van Lith then she would technically be a third option at that position (she's listed as a pg) and there's no shame in that........from the limited video I have seen of her, I get the sense LK is not yet a great outside shooter so I'm not sure what her best position would be
Leilani Kapinus is not going to be PG in college. She is the best player on her team in both HS and AAU and the defacto primary ball handler, just like Gabby Williams was. "Technically" she is not going to be anyone's 3rd choice, at any position, on any sliding scale of shame. She is a very good outside shooter and getting better. Chris Hansen knows what he talking about & is projecting her to be a Wing/Guard in college. At the "Check Me Out Minneapolis" she defended Paige to a draw. I think @Sluconn Husky posted that video here.

Reaction Score
Leilani Kapinus is not going to be PG in college. She is the best player on her team in both HS and AAU and the defacto primary ball handler, just like Gabby Williams was. "Technically" she is not going to be anyone's 3rd choice, at any position, on any sliding scale of shame. She is a very good outside shooter and getting better. Chris Hansen knows what he talking about & is projecting her to be a Wing/Guard in college. At the "Check Me Out Minneapolis" she defended Paige to a draw. I think @Sluconn Husky posted that video here.

OK...........any particular reason she couldn't play point guard in college or is her skill set just better suited at another position?...............nothing better then big guards at both ends of the floor............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom