2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't understand why people keep tripping over this. Hoopgurlz DOES NOT rank or grade a player until someone on the ESPN staff has actually seen them play live. The top 25 are the best players evaluated by ESPN, not the 25 best players in the country.

isn't it also possible that someone from ESPN had evaluated her but didn't find her worthy of a top 25 ranking? The gist of my statement is that Geno said he could care less about those rankings anyway, some are deserving and some are not..............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
isn't it also possible that someone from ESPN had evaluated her but didn't find her worthy of a top 25 ranking? ...
No. I checked they have not evaluated her yet. FYI they have not evaluated Saylor Poffenbarger or your personal favorite Destiny Adams yet either. They'll get to it.

Reaction Score
Here at TOC watching St, John’s College play. Popular game - I had to park 4 blocks away at a Taco Bell since the grocery store lot 3 blocks away was totally full and double parked (1 PM Friday afternoon). On this particular court the spectators view from above on one side only. Can’t see the sideline right below us where the college coaches sit, so I can’t confirm if CD is still here today, or see who else is here.

St John’s leads 25-6 half way thru the 2nd period, but this is the loser’s bracket. Azzi is as advertised...

154E5BC9-272A-486F-B20F-EBB00BCDFBCD.jpeg

Reaction Score
If you need something to do on a Friday night, here are the links to watch Paige Bueckers at 7 central. The live feeds will be up at gametime.

St. Michael-Albertville at Hopkins Girls Basketball - CCX Media

School Space Media

I'm not sure how much time I want to spend watching Fudd and Bueckers.......................I've got a pretty good idea what they can do.........................it's the players ranked a bit below them that are of more interest to me....................besides I spent too much time admiring H Jones which made it all the more disappointing when she went elsewhere........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here at TOC watching St, John’s College play. Popular game - I had to park 4 blocks away at a Taco Bell since the grocery store lot 3 blocks away was totally full and double parked (1 PM Friday afternoon). On this particular court the spectators view from above on one side only. Can’t see the sideline right below us where the college coaches sit, so I can’t confirm if CD is still here today, or see who else is here.

St John’s leads 25-6 half way thru the 2nd period, but this is the loser’s bracket. Azzi is as advertised...

View attachment 37602
They are well coached and talented. SJC has recruits going to Columbia, Wagner, and UNC. They also have Azzi.

Her handle is good, and her jump shot is one of the best ever.

Reaction Score
isn't it also possible that someone from ESPN had evaluated her but didn't find her worthy of a top 25 ranking? The gist of my statement is that Geno said he could care less about those rankings anyway, some are deserving and some are not....

That may be, but name the last recruit that had a significant success at UConn and wasn't ranked in the Top 10.

Reaction Score
That may be, but name the last recruit that had a significant success at UConn and wasn't ranked in the Top 10.

Gabby Williams - ESPN #14
Kia Nurse - ESPN #33

Same 2014 Class:

Azura Stevens - ESPN #23
Victoria Vivians _ ESPN #24
Brooke McCarty -ESPN #29
Myisha Hines Allen - ESPN #34
Monique Billings - ESPN # 38
Katelynn Flaherty - ESPN # 68

and my favorite from 2015

Megan Gustafson - ESPN #80

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Let's not forget about Kelly Faris (in the 30's), Kiah Stokes (even lower), and Saniya Chong (about #70).

For that matter, I believe that Stef Dolson was around #30, and she was a four-year starter, the #5 overall draft pick after her senior year, and she nearly made it onto the Wall of Fame.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let's not forget about Kelly Faris (in the 30's), Kiah Stokes (even lower), and Saniya Chong (about #70).

For that matter, I believe that Stef Dolson was around #30, and she was a four-year starter, the #5 overall draft pick after her senior year, and she nearly made it onto the Wall of Fame.
Nearly? Stef was a 2x All-American and has her #31 on the Wall of Honor.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

View attachment 37602

Chris was supposed to leave for CA last night to join the team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith scored 40 points Friday but Cashmere suffered a rare loss.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers scored 30 points Friday night in the game archived in the link above. She forced a bunch of shots early and was 5-14 from the field at one point. Then she went 9-11 to finish 14-25 overall, hitting a plethora of jumpers.

Wasn't really a Bueckers-esque performance yet she made all the shots that helped Hopkins pull away late.

Reaction Score

Faris and Dolson no doubt, but Stokes and Chong were far from having "significant success" at UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Taylor Bigby scored 16 points in a Centennial win at the Nike TOC Friday (12/21).

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Faris and Dolson no doubt, but Stokes and Chong were far from having "significant success" at UConn.
So your definition of significant success is that someone has to be a 4-year starter? Contributing significantly to Final Four or National Championship teams isn't enough? Getting drafted and actually playing in the WNBA isn't enough?

Reaction Score
So your definition of significant success is that someone has to be a 4-year starter? Contributing significantly to Final Four or National Championship teams isn't enough? Getting drafted and actually playing in the WNBA isn't enough?

Where did I ever state that? Looks at their stats, Chong averaged 5pts and 2 assists per game. while playing at best average defense over her career. Stokes had a great senior season, but was incredibly inconsistent and put up very "meh" stats for the rest of her career, averaging just over 4pts and 5 rebounds/game in her first 3 seasons at UConn.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith scored 40 points Friday but Cashmere suffered a rare loss.

Wow, I don't think they lost a regular season game the previous 2 years, and advanced to the State Championship game both years.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It seems as if at least three top ranked teams with highly ranked players have already lost this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom