2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taylor Bigby who UConn scouted a few months ago. Chris Hansen of PN mentioned her in his day 1 recap. Just skip over the Jones/Brink stuff if you have a weak stomach.

Keep an eye on class of 2021 wing Taylor Bigby of Centennial (Nev.) in upcoming evaluations. She is a 6-1 athlete who is merely scratching the surface of her potential. She showed a nice blend of open floor speed and half-court skill in an opening round match-up versus Salesian (Calif.).

as I pointed out before UConn is a bit late to the dance with TB:

she looks good in blue just the wrong blue:

©️️️©️H Big™️ on Twitter

Reaction Score
UConn should take a look at 2020 6-4 Post Lauren Ware. She is from ND, but distance is irrelevant according to her. Consensus top-4 2020 Post. Oregon, Oregon St., Iowa, and Minnesota are recruiting her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mark Lewis on day 2 of the Nike TOC:

After falling by a dozen in round one, Centennial rebounded for a round two win over Sanford by a 67 – 50 score. In both contests it was hard not to take note of the progress of 2021 standout Taylor Bigby. The 6-1 guard / wing possesses the enviable trio of size, athleticism and skills. Her ability to put it on the floor and create her own opportunities makes her a threat from the very start of every possession. Multiple times she’s gone coast to coast with the ball for both her own looks as well as delivering a few well placed assists. Bigby has deceptive speed for her size and the crossover effectively gets defenders off balance leaving them calling for help. There’s no reservations about taking it into traffic but she could handle the contact more efficiently at times and will do so as more strength comes her way. She can post up if needed and the face up moves she calls upon are challenging for interior defenders. Her length, agility and anticipation make her an asset on the defensive end with the tools to be a factor in multiple approaches.

NIKE Tournament of Champions - Day Two - Bluestar Media

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers' game with Hopkins will be streamed live tonight (12/21) at 7:00 central. I'll drop the links for the game a few hours prior to tip-off.

Reaction Score
on N Marshall

"We’ve been waiting for some time for some form of “breakout” from Christ the King junior Natalija Marshall and we got a good glimpse of one in Thursday’s second round win over Southridge. The 6-4 forward come out looking for her options and connected multiple times early to fuel not only her team but her confidence as well. Another Blue Star 30 veteran, Marshall has been on the fast track for several years but was struggling with consistency out of the gate this season. Blessed with good size and a build that college strength coaches love to work with, the tools are there to be the prototypical four player. (I refuse to use the much overworked word “stretch”) The touch and range are legitimate and can force defenders out of their comfort zones. She’ll need to add and mix more physical aspects into her attack to keep those same opponents honest and to allow her to make the most of her versatility. Marshall can put the ball on the floor to improve both shots and passes. No, she’s not a wing but the skill set serves her well in setting up both herself and teammates. There were some posting up situations in the second half Thursday and more of those may well benefit both her and CTK in the long run. The rebounding effort is sound but the perimeter looks often limit her offensive boards. Defensively Marshall has shown more and more a willingness to put a body on someone and she may well need to do that against an aggressive Windward team in Friday’s semifinal match up. "

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
on N Marshall

"We’ve been waiting for some time for some form of “breakout” from Christ the King junior Natalija Marshall and we got a good glimpse of one in Thursday’s second round win over Southridge. The 6-4 forward come out looking for her options and connected multiple times early to fuel not only her team but her confidence as well. Another Blue Star 30 veteran, Marshall has been on the fast track for several years but was struggling with consistency out of the gate this season. Blessed with good size and a build that college strength coaches love to work with, the tools are there to be the prototypical four player. (I refuse to use the much overworked word “stretch”) The touch and range are legitimate and can force defenders out of their comfort zones. She’ll need to add and mix more physical aspects into her attack to keep those same opponents honest and to allow her to make the most of her versatility. Marshall can put the ball on the floor to improve both shots and passes. No, she’s not a wing but the skill set serves her well in setting up both herself and teammates. There were some posting up situations in the second half Thursday and more of those may well benefit both her and CTK in the long run. The rebounding effort is sound but the perimeter looks often limit her offensive boards. Defensively Marshall has shown more and more a willingness to put a body on someone and she may well need to do that against an aggressive Windward team in Friday’s semifinal match up. "

Who wrote this up, Charlie?

Reaction Score
Brooke Demetre, Natalija Marshall. Also Brink & Jones, but they’re no longer targets. Hoping to get out to see some Fri-Sat, still getting out of Okla today.
I suspect at this stage that some targets with come on or go offer radar based on current performance and their preferences. Not always a sure thing.

Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger's outing Thursday:

31 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks

a flash from the past ...................SP along with SB in 2017

brunelle5-jpg.27404

Reaction Score
Actually, HoopGurtz doesn't even have her in the top 25 plus she is only a sophomore. But since she is now showing interest in UCONN anything is possible.

the ratings services are very fickle especially with younger players ................if you saw Geno's recent interview where the subject of recruiting came up he said that he could care less about player rankings, they have to pass the eye test....................the only rankings that count are his

MTC

Reaction Score
I don't see how any one game, win or loss, easy or tough, would have any impact on Geno's recruiting strategy.

I totally disagree but only to a minor extent. Every game has an impact with Geno but he will not probably show it. Recruiting is very complicated because you are not just looking at one player but a group of ladies who need to compliment their talents with each other and the coaches. Having too much talent at one position is only a problem if it means another position is short of needed talent. Each recruiting class is unique in the mix of talent located around the country.

MTC

Reaction Score
the ratings services are very fickle especially with younger players ......if you saw Geno's recent interview where the subject of recruiting came up he said that he could care less about player rankings, they have to pass the eye test.....the only rankings that count are his

I sometimes think the rating services are swayed a little by what players are on UCONN's radar. Let's see if Aubrey Griffin isn't rated higher than #33 by next year.

MTC

Reaction Score
If UConn strikes out again in 2020 I have some confidence that Ms DeBerry will be UConn bound in 2021

I would not be surprised if Ms DeBerry might be a silent verbal already. At least I am hoping so.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if Ms DeBerry might be a silent verbal already. At least I am hoping so.
I hear she’s a lean, maybe a strong lean. If that’s understated, I’m very happy.

I still want something in Cashmere for Christmas—specifically, Hailey Van Lith.

Reaction Score
I sometimes think the rating services are swayed a little by what players are on UCONN's radar. Let's see if Aubrey Griffin isn't rated higher than #33 by next year.

as long as she stays healthy she should be much rated higher...................her ranking lagged due to her missing an entire year due to injury.............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Actually, HoopGurtz doesn't even have her in the top 25 plus she is only a sophomore. But since she is now showing interest in UCONN anything is possible.

the ratings services are very fickle especially with younger players ......if you saw Geno's recent interview where the subject of recruiting came up he said that he could care less about player rankings, they have to pass the eye test.....the only rankings that count are his
Don't understand why people keep tripping over this. Hoopgurlz DOES NOT rank or grade a player until someone on the ESPN staff has actually seen them play live. The top 25 are the best players evaluated by ESPN, not the 25 best players in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom