2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You can watch most of the first half of Azzi Fudd's game from Saturday night in front of Geno below. For some reason the rest of the game isn't there. Starts around the 5:26:00 mark.

"Azzi Fudd may be the next great from St. Johns."?? She is beyond that already. Lindsay Allen was/is a nice player. Azzi may be the best player in high school. Later in the broadcast, they called her the best player in the nation. I agree with the comparisons to Maya. Azzi is shorter and not as strong, but she has a better handle. Their jump shots are similar.

I've seen parts of 2 games for Azzi this year. Her step-back jumper seems to be a work in progress. When she goes straight up, however, she's close to automatic. She did hit the rim on one of her FTs in this game. Usually, they hit the net only.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do we know if UConn is looking at any international students that could possibly sign in the spring and join Griffin in the class of 2019?
Per the New York Times :
In Auriemma’s view, recruiting has become “too corporate; too many people involved in the process.” But he also remains convinced that he will stock UConn’s roster next season with top-shelf talent, perhaps including graduate transfers and international players. “I’m not worried about that,” he said.
Is UConn’s Dominance of Women’s Basketball Over? Cue Eye Rolls, for Now

The specific players Geno may be looking at remains a mystery but Geno is looking.

Reaction Score
A lot. More than we have to worry about being unavailable.

Remember that UConn, even in the best of recruiting years, rarely uses all of its available scholarships.

Reactions: MTC

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"Azzi Fudd may be the next great from St. Johns."?? She is beyond that already. Lindsay Allen was/is a nice player.

Marissa Coleman of Maryland/New York Liberty is also a St. John's alum. They are a perennial powerhouse that produces D-1 players year after year. (And in multiple sports).

Azzi is certainly tracking to surpass all that have come before her but she is still just a sophomore.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marissa Coleman of Maryland/New York Liberty is also a St. John's alum. They are a perennial powerhouse that produces D-1 players year after year. (And in multiple sports).

Azzi is certainly tracking to surpass all that have come before her but she is still just a sophomore.
Right. I’m familiar with SJC. Their facilities are impressive. The announcer (a Paul VI grad) mentioned Allen, because they had played against each other. At the beginning of the broadcast, the assessment was that Azzi was going to be great. By halftime, she was God.

Reaction Score

I've never seen a soph shoot a jump shot as well as :

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
never got the chance to see her in high school but I had a feeling the name would come up....
I saw Maya as a senior. I suspect she had a nice jumper as a sophomore, but I didn't see it. The player with the "Lewis Launch" also had a pretty shot early on. Maybe Lou is in the category as well.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
At some point, these two families are probably thinking of inviting Aunt Muffet and Uncle Geno for the next holiday spread....;) :rolleyes:
THAT IS NOT a family gathering I would want to be at! I already have that, why double down?

Reaction Score
Sonia Citron's averages over her first four games:

20 points,11.8 rebounds, 5 assists, 4.8 blocks
She gets a lot of rebounds for a wing. Must have really good anticipation. Anybody know what her HS competition is like?

Reaction Score
So you're saying there is some? ;)

yes they play some really good teams (Ossining, Albertus Magnus) and some pretty lousy ones too.............over all I'd say a pretty decent schedule for a NY school

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mark Lewis evaluation from the She Got Game Classic last week:

Olivia Miles – 2021 – 5-10 – Point Guard – Blair Academy – Established point guard continues to add to her game…Added strength makes her even more challenging to defend…Ballskills are sharp and allow her to develop both shots and passing options…Set up passing both with fakes and misdirection looks…Quicker release is there on the pull up…Good body control in traffic…Anticipates defensively…Impressive understanding of the game as it evolves

10th She Got Game Classic - Bluestar Media

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm really interested to see how this PG heavy 2020 class goes with their recruitment and commitment. We may have a situation where none of them commit until the 1st one does and then the dominos will fall. Could be a long waiting game for some.

Reaction Score
I'm really interested to see how this PG heavy 2020 class goes with their recruitment and commitment. We may have a situation where none of them commit until the 1st one does and then the dominos will fall. Could be a long waiting game for some.

as long as UConn gets one of the top four I'll be OK but not getting PB would still be a major disappointment

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/18

11 points, 12 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals for Saylor Poffenbarger Tuesday.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Things also got a little more interesting now that Andrews and Gusters are HS teammates. Could they be a college package deal? Also my understanding that Gusters left a Baylor Alumni as high school coach for a Texas alumni as HS coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom