2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn has certainly seen this player who is Olivia Miles' back court partner and is a bit under the radar ..........

[B]Shane Laflin[/B]‏ @[B]ShaneLaflin[/B] 6h6 hours ago
More
Blair Academy (NJ) 2021 Dominique Darius @queenballa123 has some outstanding leadership qualities. She is talented physically & skill wise and brings a work(wo)manlike fundamental approach to the game. Coach on the floor,
1f5e3.png
talks,positive touches..

Reaction Score
The point which could easily have been made without questioning the intelligence of the player (TWICE)!

If she doesn't have the intelligence to compare UConn's SOS over the last 5 or 6 years to any other team in wcbb then she was never UConn material.
Alydar said:
IMHO if a player swallows that sales pitch (lack of tough UConn opponents) then they lack some aspect(s) of intelligence.

Reading is fundamental. Nobody ever said that "toughness of schedule" was a significant factor in her decision other than the speculation and tea leaf reading by some here.

Reaction Score
I've often wondered whether players have a preference in playing with a male or female coach or whether the race of the coach was ever taken into consideration...I'd like to think that it really didn't matter on any of these but recruits are entitled to make that decision for themselves
I can't imagine that race and/or gender don't matter to a lot of recruits. Gender certainly mattered to Taurasi: "I want to play for a man. I don't want a woman yelling at me. If I want to be yelled at by a woman I can get the from my mom."

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that race and/or gender don't matter to a lot of recruits. Gender certainly mattered to Taurasi: "I want to play for a man. I don't want a woman yelling at me. If I want to be yelled at by a woman I can get the from my mom."

I imagine some recruits may want a kind of father figure.................for others that's possibly a bad thing..........

Reaction Score
At this point I would guess that it's at least as important that she see him, as opposed to Geno seeing her.

you bet................I think by now he's somehow figured out that she can play basketball...........it's all about making the trek to show their level of interest............wouldn't be surprised if the big programs have already blocked out hotel rooms to see her play during the next year.......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno was on hand to watch Azzi Fudd score her 1,000th point yesterday (12/15). Only saw 14 minutes of her on the court though.
The important point is that Azzi saw Geno there. Coach doesn't need to see Azzi play more to evaluate her. He knows that she has Maya Moore potential.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
12/15

Azzi Fudd scored 26 points in 14 minutes in the first of two games Saturday.

Sonia Citron had 18 points and 10 rebounds.

Jillian Hollingshead scored 19 points.
26 points in 14 minutes! Azzi could score 40-50 pretty much any time she wants. I hope to watch her in a couple of weeks. Best wishes to her and SJC at the TOC. That's the tourney where players become legendary.

Reaction Score
you bet......I think by now he's somehow figured out that she can play basketball......it's all about making the trek to show their level of interest..wouldn't be surprised if the big programs have already blocked out hotel rooms to see her play during the next year..

Just stop. That's two agreements today. Any more and my head will explode. ;)

Reaction Score
The important point is that Azzi saw Geno there. Coach doesn't need to see Azzi play more to evaluate her. He knows that she has Maya Moore potential.

Just stop. That's two agreements today. Any more and my head will explode. ;)

don't worry weren't you the one that made reference to a clock being right twice a day?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Add Anaya Boyd to the list of players that UCONN evaluated this summer. She is 21 in prospectsnation and 35 in Hoopgurlz.

Jasmine Lister was in this summer to watch the team. Wereshe looking at both Boyd and Genesis Bryant? I had figured it was the latter but perhaps it was indeed both.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How many scholarship slots will be available in 2020?

Right now it would be 10 available depending on what if any additions (transfers/international) are made prior to next year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You can watch most of the first half of Azzi Fudd's game from Saturday night in front of Geno below. For some reason the rest of the game isn't there. Starts around the 5:26:00 mark.

Reaction Score
Do we know if UConn is looking at any international students that could possibly sign in the spring and join Griffin in the class of 2019?

Reaction Score
You can watch most of the first half of Azzi Fudd's game from Saturday night in front of Geno below. For some reason the rest of the game isn't there. Starts around the 5:26:00 mark.

Gee, my old high school's team is in that list of teams in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Muffett & Coach Ivey seem to stalk Azzi very fondly as well. A few times in the game with SJC & Christ the king Azzi glanced over to muffet with mcgraw giving a nod of good job it seemeed.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
unfortunately there are a few other teams that have had that very same thought...
Muffett & Coach Ivey seem to stalk Azzi very fondly as well. A few times in the game with SJC & Christ the king Azzi glanced over to muffet with mcgraw giving a nod of good job it seemeed.

I think we can safely say one such team is based in northern Indiana. ;)

ND/Fudd family are very much in the "mutual interest" zone and have been for years. Azzi was the youngest participant in the "recruitapalooza"/"Nielefest" gathering in 2017 and has been back to the ND campus since then. Gosh knows how many times a member of the Irish staff has been to something Azzi has performed in, much like Geno and Chris D.

Ditto with "Pistol" Paige Bueckers: the week that Geno went to see a game, Muffet went to Hopkins HS to see a practice.

At some point, these two families are probably thinking of inviting Aunt Muffet and Uncle Geno for the next holiday spread....;):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we can safely say one such team is based in northern Indiana. ;)

ND/Fudd family are very much in the "mutual interest" zone and have been for years. Azzi was the youngest participant in the "recruitapalooza"/"Nielefest" gathering in 2017 and has been back to campus since then. Gosh knows how many times a member of the Irish staff has been to something Azzi has performed in, much like Geno and Chris D.

Ditto with "Pistol" Paige: the week that Geno went to see a game, Muffet went to Hopkins HS to see a practice.

At some point, these two families are probably thinking of inviting Aunt Muffet and Uncle Geno for the next holiday spread....;):rolleyes:

perhaps they can help with an intervention for MM if UConn beats ND again.............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brenda is all over Azzi too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman