2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about Natalja Marshall of New York? Is UConn going for that athlete? She's a New Yorker, meaning that she doesn't have a problem with wanting to stay near home, which appears to be the case with so many top athletes who are from the South.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wish that he would. It is ridiculous to not have a better bench.
I don't know if that would make a better bench. Just fuller. Or as full, or almost as full.

Next year you're looking at most 9 players (unless there are additions, transfers, JC's, etc.), possibly 8 (if Camara decides she's done). With 4 or 3 graduating. Which gives us...wait for it....5 players for the 20-21 season. So if UCONN recruits 5, that still only gives us 10. That's with no injuries or transfers in or out.

On the other hand, we've had some really good recruiting classes following "down" (or light) recruiting years. e.g.
Williams/Nurse/Ekmark/Edwards after Chong
Dolson/Hartley/Johnson/Engeln/Walker after Faris
DT/Conlon/Valley/Moore/Battle after KJ.

And these next 2 years, 2020 and 2021 classes, have some really good players, who probably realize they can get a LOT of playing time, QUICKLY, at UCONN. Well, let's hope they do anyway.

Something I've noticed over the years also is that UCONN usually recruits strong in strong years. Whereas others recruit strong in down years. With a couple strong classes coming up, I'm expecting UCONN to pull in some nice recruits. Things are lined up for that to happen.

MTC

Reaction Score
Who do you think is the #1 recruiting target for 2020 and 2021? That is the player that Geno wants more than anyone else.

Reaction Score
How about Natalja Marshall of New York? Is UConn going for that athlete? She's a New Yorker, meaning that she doesn't have a problem with wanting to stay near home, which appears to be the case with so many top athletes who are from the South.

she is being watched..........

Reaction Score
Reese is the Moses Malone of this girls' generation.

saw more movement/energy.........................still waiting to see the defense and shot blocking..........................If those are really there then she's kind of like a smaller Amihere with better ball handling skills...............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
True but I'm sure that's not the reference @Sluconn Husky had in mind. Moses Malone was notorious for missing easy shots and padding his stats by rebounding his own misses.

Geno would alternate between pulling his hair out at missed layups and then clapping at her effort and ability to score anyway.

Reaction Score
Pass. Maybe she has but I'd be surprised if she's got an offer from UConn.

Reaction Score

She seems very raw and may have trouble against the physically stronger centers. I like Cardoso in that she is 6'6, strong frame that can bring some toughness in the paint.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She seems very raw and may have trouble against the physically stronger centers.

How many big, strong centers are there in the women's game? And I kinda doubt Reese will matchup with many centers anyway. She has a Swin Cash type frame and, by many accounts, motor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How many big, strong centers are there in the women's game? And I kinda doubt Reese will matchup with many centers anyway. She has a Swin Cash type frame and, by many accounts, motor.
She not going to play center. IMO there are quite a few Wing/Forward out there that are significantly better than Reese and are on the UCONN radar. Emily Bessoir, Dalayah Daniels, Aaliyah Edwards, Sasha Goforth, & Leilani Kapinus to be specific.

Reaction Score

I was speaking about Marshall not Reese but your point is valid.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Potential new target alert. UConn showing interest in New Mexico freshmen Jaelyn Bates. Nicknamed "Stephanie Curry" :), Bates used to play against boys. Some video of her will be posted below and in the 2022 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom