2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's late but it is Saturday night.
A name for 2020 that I haven't heard connected to UConn before today, when it appeared on another team's board by one of their fans stating she was a heavy UConn lean, is 6'6" Kamilla Cardoso.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A name for 2020 that I haven't heard connected to UConn before today, when it appeared on another team's board by one of their fans stating she was a heavy UConn lean, is 6'6" Kamilla Cardoso.
She's from Tennessee and a UConn lean?

MTC

Reaction Score

I would be content if Cadoso was only recruit we landed for 2020. Plenty of guards available in 2021 especially Azzi Fudd.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's been exactly one month since it was announced Hannah Gusters had transferred schools. Since then I have not been able to find any confirmation as to her playing status which was in question. She appeared not to play in several games right after the transfer. There are no reports on her since. Not sure if some of our Texas posters might know what's up.

Reaction Score
It's been exactly one month since it was announced Hannah Gusters had transferred schools. Since then I have not been able to find any confirmation as to her playing status which was in question. She appeared not to play in several games right after the transfer. There are no reports on her since. Not sure if some of our Texas posters might know what's up.

I know here in NJ players have to sit out 30 days before they can start playing for their new school...............no idea if there are similar rules in Texas...........

Reaction Score
I would be content if Cadoso was only recruit we landed for 2020. Plenty of guards available in 2021 especially Azzi Fudd.

a minimum of three 2020 recruits I would think unless Geno has another source for players.............

MTC

Reaction Score
a minimum of three 2020 recruits I would think unless Geno has another source for players...

Geno is pretty selective so he will only take guards that are of the highest calibre. Since most of these players would expect to play right away and Uconn has no openings in their lineup; Geno may hold off for a year. It would be great to land two taller players but at least one needs to be at least 6'3". Since DeBerry is a 2021 recruit Geno needs to save a scholarship for her. Also 2021 has many other players with great size so he will again be somewhat selective for 2020. He doesn't need any more limited players on his bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno is pretty selective so he will only take guards that are of the highest calibre. Since most of these players would expect to play right away and Uconn has no openings in their lineup; Geno may hold off for a year. It would be great to land two taller players but at least one needs to be at least 6'3". Since DeBerry is a 2021 recruit Geno needs to save a scholarship for her. Also 2021 has many other players with great size so he will again be somewhat selective for 2020. He doesn't need any more limited players on his bench.

I think you have that backwards..............................the 2020 class has the best all around guard we've seen in years along with three of four other" high caliber"guards that would fit quite easily into UConn's rotation......................the 2021 class has Azzi Fudd and then everybody else....................

Reaction Score
I think you have that backwards.....the 2020 class has the best all around guard we've seen in years along with three of four other" high caliber"guards that would fit quite easily into UConn's rotation.......the 2021 class has Azzi Fudd and then everybody else.....
Charlie, you nailed it. 2020 class is unusually rich in top tier guards. UConn could afford to bring in 2 and see them get minutes right away. While difficult for bigs to earn significant playing time as frosh, these guards look like mature leaders with strong defensive skills that can score. We need size, but agree that UConn should not ignore the talented guards out there.

Reactions: MTC
Reaction Score
She transferred from Duncanville to MacArthur. If the Duncanville coach notes on a transfer form that she believes that Gusters transferred for athletic reasons, it would have triggered a DEC meeting to determine if that was true. If the DEC ruled that she had gone for athletic reasons, she would be ineligible for this season. Can't find anything about the decision yet.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Me neither.

She's from Tennessee and a UConn lean?
Why not, Crystal was?

As reported on volnation no less. !!
Worth keeping an eye on. Not sure Volnation is any less accurate than some of the BY postings lately.

MTC

Reaction Score
Charlie, you nailed it. 2020 class is unusually rich in top tier guards. UConn could afford to bring in 2 and see them get minutes right away. While difficult for bigs to earn significant playing time as frosh, these guards look like mature leaders with strong defensive skills that can score. We need size, but agree that UConn should not ignore the talented guards out there.
OK but we will need wings for rebounding.

Reaction Score
Me neither.

Why not, Crystal was?

Worth keeping an eye on. Not sure Volnation is any less accurate than some of the BY postings lately.

other the that one mention from somebody who attended a Hamilton Heights game who talked to somebody in the know who said KC is a strong UConn lean, I have seen nothing that backs that up...............she is supposedly a shot blocking expert and very mobile but I haven't seen any recent video nor could I find any.................leaving that up to Sluconn.....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
thanks for that Sluconn.................so now we know she really is big and can make a layup...................:rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
really wish UConn would reconsider recruiting KW as her game is improving......not too many 2020s with her size and skill set

Kylee Watson – 2020 – 6-4 – Forward/Post – Mainland Regional – Highly regarded prospect has added and refined…Much more assertive in creating rather than just taking…Quick on the attack…Making good reads…Gets to the rim from high post or transition trail spot…Perimeter shot is showing noticeable progress…Body control, strength and conditioning set her apart from the crowd

I'm fine with Muffet going to see Kylie along, without her Philadelphia buddy....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm fine with Muffet going to see Kylie along, without her Philadelphia buddy....:rolleyes:

something tells me UConn won't come back for another look so she'll have to share that cheese steak with her staff..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom