2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If things break right in recruiting there is ZERO doubt that this will be the MOST talented team EVER at UConn!

In 2022 the roster could very easily look like this

Bueckers/Makurat
Fudd/ Westbrook/ Muhl
Williams/Griffin/ McClean
Edwards/Deberry
ONO/Lattimore

I mean, are you joking?
Seems to me there’s some counting of unhatched chickens going on here... :confused:

Reaction Score
If things break right in recruiting there is ZERO doubt that this will be the MOST talented team EVER at UConn!

Bueckers/Makurat
Fudd/ Westbrook/ Muhl
Edwards/Deberry
ONO/Lattimore

I mean, are you joking?
Poffenbarger is also committed for 2021, but good chance Westbrook will be gone by then, yes, I think she will be eligible this year.

And not sure if starters were first, but if Westbrook is on that team, no way in hell she does not start. I think her mother would pull her from the team if she didn’t start as a senior.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Bueckers/Makurat
Fudd/ Westbrook/ Muhl
Edwards/Deberry
ONO/Lattimore

I mean, are you joking?
Wouldn't call it joking, more like dreaming. ;)

Reaction Score
This was probably already caught/posted since it is an old article, but I just came across it on 2022 PG Carolina Lau from Connecticut.
“Lau has been contacted by several top-flight schools already, including UConn. Lau said she is looking for a school rich in basketball tradition and with high academic standards.”

Reaction Score
Not to pour beer in the hometown(/board) Kool-Aid, but there is probably close to zero chance given Geno's short-bench, 7-(wo)man rotation tendencies and UConn's very high historical rate of transfers out that all those extremely high-quality players would ever remain on one roster at once when half of them would just be warming the bench. The good news? Y'all don't need even two thirds of them to sport a national championship-caliber team. Here's hoping we get to see a Tara-Geno face off for all the marbles plus the all-time coaching wins record (because Stanford is looking to be about as loaded as it ever has been by 2022 too). That'd be something mighty special.

Also, maybe I'm too much of a Stewwie booster, but come back at me with the "MOST talented team EVER" stuff when those kids have four-in-four. Until then, I'll stick with Stewwie, Mo, Tuck and their crew.

I honestly don't think it is as far fetched as you! I think Geno has a really good idea of what he has coming, and that he thinks he can win another 2 or 3 NCs over the next 5 years. I think he is really driven and determined to go out on top, and remove any speck of doubt that some may have in regards to him to being the GOAT.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Not to pour beer in the hometown(/board) Kool-Aid, but there is probably close to zero chance given Geno's short-bench, 7-(wo)man rotation tendencies and UConn's very high historical rate of transfers out that all those extremely high-quality players would ever remain on one roster at once when half of them would just be warming the bench. The good news? Y'all don't need even two thirds of them to sport a national championship-caliber team. Here's hoping we get to see a Tara-Geno face off for all the marbles plus the all-time coaching wins record (because Stanford is looking to be about as loaded as it ever has been by 2022 too). That'd be something mighty special.

Also, maybe I'm too much of a Stewwie booster, but come back at me with the "MOST talented team EVER" stuff when those kids have four-in-four. Until then, I'll stick with Stewwie, Mo, Tuck and their crew.

Agree with this. I haven't seen a team or group of players in WCBB play the way Stewie, Tuck and Jefferson played together since they left college. That group made basketball look effortlessly beautiful.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I honestly don't think it is as far fetched as you! I think Geno has a really good idea of what he has coming, and that he thinks he can win another 2 or 3 NCs over the next 5 years. I think he is really driven and determined to go out on top, and remove any speck of doubt that some may have in regards to him to being the GOAT.
As a loyal booster of one of UConn's longest time rivals, there isn't even the teeny tiniest shred of doubt in my mind that he has already locked up GOAT status at least and until someone else wins 12 (and that literally ain't happening for another decade.) The only ones who'd claim otherwise are deluded and bitter partisans who live in South Bend, Waco, and Chattanooga.

Reaction Score
As a loyal booster of one of UConn's longest time rivals, there isn't even the teeny tiniest shred of doubt in my mind that he has already locked up GOAT status at least and until someone else wins 12 (and that literally ain't happening for another decade.) The only ones who'd claim otherwise are deluded and bitter partisans who live in South Bend, Waco, and Chattanooga.

FARM: TELL it!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Part 2 of Premiere Basketball Report's player breakdown, this time the 2021 class with a focus on UConn players of interest. Part 1 is in the link directly below.

Lead Guard

Olivia Miles
(Philadelphia Belles)
Raven Johnson (FBC United)
Kayla McPherson (Team Elite)

The most depth in the class belongs to the lead guard position, although the shooters may have something to say about that. Olivia Miles is a can’t miss attraction who has unbelievable vision and passing ability...Johnson is an elite athlete with real skill and no weaknesses in her game..McPherson is as fast with the ball as any guard in the country, almost impossible for defenders to keep in front.

** J. Key’s Pick - Olivia Miles

Scorer

Azzi Fudd
(GTS Fusion (DNP))
Sania Rivers (Carolina Flames)
Talia Von Oelhoffen (Northwest Blazers)

Fudd was the National HS POY as a sophomore, the first player to ever accomplish the feat. Rivers is the best natural athlete of the bunch and has a limitless ceiling. Von Oelhoffen had as good a summer as anybody in the class, very hard to guard.

** J. Key’s Pick– Azzi Fudd

Shooter

Sonia Citron
(NY Hoopers)
Payton Verhulst (Next Level Eclipse)
Caroline Ducharme (Exodus)
Jersey Wolfenbarger (Arkansas Banshees)
Greta Kampschroeder (Midwest Elite)
Saylor Poffenbarger (Fairfax Stars)

Feels like one of the deeper shooting classes we have had in recent memory and this group challenges the PG's for most depth in the class … Shot-makers across the board. Citron has long been a Shane Laflin favorite and showed her shot-making ability off at USA trials this spring. Verhulst is as good a player as there is in the national class. Ducharme, Wolfenbarger, Kampschroeder, and Poffenbarger are all flame-throwers with size.

** J. Key’s Pick – Payton Verhulst

Bigs

Amari DeBerry
(Philadelphia Belles)
Latasha Lattimore (Sisters Keeper)
Jillian Hollingshead (Team Elite)
Okikiola Iriafen (West Coast Premier)

DeBerry reminds me of Charli Collier for those basketball fans in Texas. Feagin & Hollingshed are superior athletes with improving skill, both with huge upsides.... Lattimore is as talented as any on the board with no glaring weaknesses. Iraiafen is big, mobile, and skilled.

** J. Key’s Pick– Sania Feagin

Forwards

Aaliyah Moore(Cy-Fair)

Moore is one of my favorites who does anything and everything that is needed to win.

** J. Key’s Pick – Brooke Demetre

Reaction Score
Part 2 of Premiere Basketball Report's player breakdown, this time the 2021 class with a focus on UConn players of interest. Part 1 is in the link directly below.

Lead Guard

Olivia Miles
(Philadelphia Belles)
Raven Johnson (FBC United)
Kayla McPherson (Team Elite)

The most depth in the class belongs to the lead guard position, although the shooters may have something to say about that. Olivia Miles is a can’t miss attraction who has unbelievable vision and passing ability...Johnson is an elite athlete with real skill and no weaknesses in her game..McPherson is as fast with the ball as any guard in the country, almost impossible for defenders to keep in front.

** J. Key’s Pick - Olivia Miles

Scorer

Azzi Fudd
(GTS Fusion (DNP))
Sania Rivers (Carolina Flames)
Talia Von Oelhoffen (Northwest Blazers)

Fudd was the National HS POY as a sophomore, the first player to ever accomplish the feat. Rivers is the best natural athlete of the bunch and has a limitless ceiling. Von Oelhoffen had as good a summer as anybody in the class, very hard to guard.

** J. Key’s Pick– Azzi Fudd

Shooter

Sonia Citron
(NY Hoopers)
Payton Verhulst (Next Level Eclipse)
Caroline Ducharme (Exodus)
Jersey Wolfenbarger (Arkansas Banshees)
Greta Kampschroeder (Midwest Elite)
Saylor Poffenbarger (Fairfax Stars)

Feels like one of the deeper shooting classes we have had in recent memory and this group challenges the PG's for most depth in the class … Shot-makers across the board. Citron has long been a Shane Laflin favorite and showed her shot-making ability off at USA trials this spring. Verhulst is as good a player as there is in the national class. Ducharme, Wolfenbarger, Kampschroeder, and Poffenbarger are all flame-throwers with size.

** J. Key’s Pick – Payton Verhulst

Bigs

Amari DeBerry
(Philadelphia Belles)
Latasha Lattimore (Sisters Keeper)
Jillian Hollingshead (Team Elite)
Okikiola Iriafen (West Coast Premier)

DeBerry reminds me of Charli Collier for those basketball fans in Texas. Feagin & Hollingshed are superior athletes with improving skill, both with huge upsides.... Lattimore is as talented as any on the board with no glaring weaknesses. Iraiafen is big, mobile, and skilled.

** J. Key’s Pick– Sania Feagin

Forwards

Aaliyah Moore
(Cy-Fair)

Moore is one of my favorites who does anything and everything that is needed to win.

** J. Key’s Pick – Brooke Demetre

Of these bigs my first choice is Iriafen. She seems to be flying under the radar a little and I don’t see how.

Reaction Score

Talent and execution are two different things. I'll agree with the most talented comment even though it's 2 1/2 years away. Just my own bias.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dyckman outdoor street event coming this weekend in New York, and a whole bunch of UConn POI plus one verbal will participate.

Mir Mclean, Sonia Citron, Dominique Darius, Raven Johnson, Shay Bollin, Caroline Ducharme, Olivia Miles, and Latasha Lattimore all named to this point.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ken Novak, going into his 31st season at Hopkins as boys basketball coach, is wowed by Paige Bueckers, the first-team prep All-American on the Royals girls team. “She is the only girl I’ve ever seen that I think could play for a good boys’ team,” Novak told Sports Headliners.

He likens Bueckers, the dynamic point guard who will be a senior this coming school year, to the legendary Pete Maravich who played flamboyantly with jaw-dropping ball handling and passing skills. Novak said Bueckers combines so many fundamental basketball skills with a “flair” for the game. She has verbally committed to Connecticut for college.

Reaction Score
Ken Novak, going into his 31st season at Hopkins as boys basketball coach, is wowed by Paige Bueckers, the first-team prep All-American on the Royals girls team. “She is the only girl I’ve ever seen that I think could play for a good boys’ team,” Novak told Sports Headliners.

He likens Bueckers, the dynamic point guard who will be a senior this coming school year, to the legendary Pete Maravich who played flamboyantly with jaw-dropping ball handling and passing skills. Novak said Bueckers combines so many fundamental basketball skills with a “flair” for the game. She has verbally committed to Connecticut for college.

a “flair” for the game

That's what I saw 2 years ago. It really looks like she's "playing" like a child does, happily, confidently, without worries. And with artistry. UConn has had some artistic players. Maya's rise and release and her finger roll. KML had the sweetest stroke/arc I ever saw. The comparison to Maravich is apt.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bob Corwin on the JR NBA championships. UConn is aready in on Watkins and Williams. Don't be surprised when they are in other these other three including impressive '24 #1 Dudley.

Chloe Clardy, 5-9, shooting guard, 2023, U.S. Central (Conway, Arkansas)

Clardy already has Power 5 offers. She combines athleticism with penetration ability, perimeter stroke and above average basketball IQ.

Breya Cunningham, 6-3, center, 2023, U.S. West (Chula Vista, California)

Cunningham was our favorite low post player. She played with a good motor, embraced contact, finished with either hand around the basket, blocked shots and was a tireless rebounder game after game.

Kendall Dudley, 6-2, forward, 2024, U.S. Mid-Atlantic (Centerville, Virginia)

Dudley is a coach’s daughter and her intelligent and athletic play reflects that. She can play inside or out, primarily looking to attack the rim but has perimeter stroke. She is on course to being one of the top 2024’s in the USA.

Judea Watkins, 6-1, shooting guard, 2023, U.S. West (Los Angeles, California)

Watkins is one of the top prospects in the 2023 class. With great size and athleticism, she likes to attack going right. Her outside shooting is a weapon but still needs to become more consistent. She should not force up perimeter shots that are not in the flow of the offense.

Jada Williams, 5-7, point guard, 2023, U.S. Central (Blue Springs, Missouri)

Williams was the straw that stirred the drink for Central. She scored when needed but number one kept the offensive flowing.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dyckman outdoor street event coming this weekend in New York, and a whole bunch of UConn POI plus one verbal will participate.

Mir Mclean, Sonia Citron, Dominique Darius, Raven Johnson, Shay Bollin, Caroline Ducharme, Olivia Miles, and Latasha Lattimore all named to this point.

Destiny Adams, Judea Watkins, and Amari DeBerry also playing.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This was probably already caught/posted since it is an old article, but I just came across it on 2022 PG Carolina Lau from Connecticut.
“Lau has been contacted by several top-flight schools already, including UConn. Lau said she is looking for a school rich in basketball tradition and with high academic standards.”
Lau is a great player. She comes from a very well educated family and Stanford has been all over her from what Ive been told. Last I heard she lives in Westport where education is a big deal. We will have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
Destiny Adams, Judea Watkins, and Amari DeBerry also playing.
I'm interested in attending. Do you have a link or a website that has specific info ?
I tried Dyckmanbasketball.com but couldn't find specifics on this weekend.
Thanks

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm interested in attending. Do you have a link or a website that has specific info ?
Thanks
Also, any live streaming?

Reaction Score
Thanks
This is more about the men's side, but here: SLAM Summer Classic Vol. 2 Is Coming to Dyckman Park
Also, any live streaming?
"Volume 2 of the SLAM Summer Classic is set for 2PM ET August 18th at the legendary Dyckman Park in New York City. It’ll be streaming live on Twitch, Twitter, FB and YouTube."

I believe the girls is at 12PM ET on the 18th.
--
Full Roster:
Dominique Darius*
Kateri Poole
Sonia Citron*
Kylee Watson
Shay Bollin*
Raven Johnson*
Angel Reese
Paris Clark
Harmoni Turner
Caroline Ducharme*
Hannah Gusters
Olivia Miles*
Knisha Godfrey
Diamond Johnson
Mir McLean**
Latasha Lattimore*
Judea Watkins*
Treasure Hunt
Amari DeBerry*
Shyeanne Day-Wilson
Destiny Adams*
Sarah Andrews
Lashae Dwyer

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thanks
I'm going to attend as well. No way I'm going to pass this up. I'll let everyone know who jumped off the concrete to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom