2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph now following Saniya Rivers on social media making her the second assistant coach to do so.

Shea has also added 2021 Teonni Key, a 6-3 left-handed 3/4 hybrid out of North Carolina. Key is ranked as high as #16 by Prospects Nation.

Hat tip to UConn Cat.

Rivers won’t be able to beat UConn if she’s playing for them. Decisions, decisions.

Reaction Score
Cardosa could really be special with the right coaching! She is so big and strong, moves so well, and has so much raw talent, all she is missing is the CD/Geno to teach and motivate her.

forget about it ......................after all she's over six feet tall.....................you know that UConn is just not the "in" place to be these days for tall female basketball players....................we've all been trying to figure out why this is and now we know....................according to a recent scientific study, it not about Geno or the basketball team, it turns out that the UConn student body simply suffers from a severe shortage of taller people to slow dance with................. :rolleyes:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This is a month old, but just ran across it. Azzi Fudd talking about various things including what types of things she wants in a college program.

What a nice person! Well spoken and not a diva. Wants a coach that will get on her when she makes mistakes. I don't know who personifies that more than … oh, well.

Reaction Score
This is a month old, but just ran across it. Azzi Fudd talking about various things including what types of things she wants in a college program.

She described her ideal college fit as being in a "fast paced offense" and having a coach "that loves defense and is not afraid to get after you when you make mistakes and holds you accountable". Sound like any place we know?

Reaction Score

All THAT and talent too. Pitter patter, pitter patter.

Reaction Score
She described her ideal college fit as being in a "fast paced offense" and having a coach "that loves defense and is not afraid to get after you when you make mistakes and holds you accountable". Sound like any place we know?
Odd, just odd! Can't think of an NCAA coach to fit that model. Does anyone have a hint who she may be speaking about??

Reaction Score
Stats for Agata Makurat through Poland's first two games:
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 7.15.19 PM.png

Keep in mind, she is just a 14 year old while this is a U16 tournament.

The next big thing out of Russia may be Anastasiia Kosu, a 14 year old 6-0 forward, who is averaging 17.5 points and 18 rebounds through two games.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

She looks like UConn material already: Composed, smart, forthright, well spoken...and of course destined to be one of the best.

Reaction Score
Kamilla Cardoso in Sunday's FBC United title win in the Prime event:

I watched that game. She was very good, but she was being guarded by Jersey Wolfenbarger and Sasha Goforth, so it was a little hard to tell. Made mostly all of her bunnies, and she blocks a lot of perimeter shots with a long reach and above average mobility for 6-6.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I watched that game. She was very good, but she was being guarded by Jersey Wolfenbarger and Sasha Goforth, so it was a little hard to tell. Made mostly all of her bunnies, and she blocks a lot of perimeter shots with a long reach and above average mobility for 6-6.
Wanted to note the steady improvement in Cardoso since spring of 2019.
1) Very impressed by her passing out of the high post especially when she was playing with Olivia Cochran. At 6'6" those looks from the high post combined with a player that can deliver the ball accurately from that spot is priceless.
2) Very very impressed by the shots she is swatting on the perimeter= 99% will + 2% conditioning and mobility especially for a player her size.
3) Impressed by her making the bunnies and more so that she is finishing it with either hand in traffic and she is holding the ball up high.

What am I looking for next? Cardoso is still too passive and maybe this is a function of playing with high caliber teammates like Cochran and Treasure Hunt. She has the ability to be a dominant player on both ends of the court far too often she is not. When Jersey Wolfenbarger or Sasha Goforth (both 6'1") are guarding you and you are 6'6" you need to dominate because that is going to be the norm for the rest of your HS career. If you foul out trucking over some people in the process-I'll forgive you because we can always work on that later. What she can't be taught is how to be a "dawg". Cardoso needs to start Husky barking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1) Very impressed by her passing out of the high post especially when she was playing with Olivia Cochran. At 6'6" those looks from the high post combined with a player that can deliver the ball accurately from that spot is priceless.
2) Very very impressed by the shots she is swatting on the perimeter= 99% will + 2% conditioning and mobility especially for a player her size.
3) Impressed by her making the bunnies and more so that she is finishing it with either hand in traffic and she is holding the ball up high.

What am I looking for next? Cardoso is still too passive and maybe this is a function of playing with high caliber teammates like Cochran and Treasure Hunt. She has the ability to be a dominant player on both ends of the court far too often she is not. When Jersey Wolfenbarger or Sasha Goforth (both 6'1") are guarding you and you are 6'6" you need to dominate because that is going to be the norm for the rest of your HS career. If you foul out trucking over some people in the process-I'll forgive you because we can always work on that later. What she can't be taught is how to be a "dawg". Cardoso needs to start Husky barking.

I agree about being a little too passive at times. I guess you can do that when Hunt, Hayes, Johnson, and Cochran who can score the ball at all times, you can get away with just put-backs and drop-offs. Would also like to see her add a back-to-the-basket game as well as a little bit if a mid-range game (just because she is extremely comfortable facing up and passing into the post).

OT, but someone is getting a baller in Madison Hayes. They beat the Banshees by three without her and pounded them with her. Very, very good (much better than Hunt IMO).

Reaction Score

But Holly is not coaching at Tenn anymore. Perhaps the interview was beforehand. I guess Azzi will have to settle for UConn,

Reaction Score

I agree with your assessment....................that lack of aggression you mentioned seems to be a pretty common condition among traditional low post players these days...............one would think the game plan would be for the center to dominate offensively against smaller opponents down low at least until the defense adjusts with a double team but often times the pass down low is followed by a pass back outside without even a suggestion of a power move...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom