2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well folks, I'm at the Summer Slam here at Dyckman. It's easy to say that I'm the oldest person in the GA line. Most in the line are male and under 25. The venue is adjacent to Dyckman projects and is an open playground. It's a humid 88 degrees and the only shade I see is the one I'm throwing at this long line, which is 3/4 of a long city block, the seating gallery is small, and the GA gates have yet to open. It looks like I'll be doing my viewing by peekin through the fence situated at one end of the court. I'll keep you posted. I'm going over to the VIP entrance to see what's to see

Reaction Score
Well folks, I'm at the Summer Slam here at Dyckman. It's easy to say that I'm the oldest person in the GA line. Most in the line are male and under 25. The venue is adjacent to Dyckman projects and is an open playground. It's a humid 88 degrees and the only shade I see is the one I'm throwing at this long line, which is 3/4 of a long city block, the seating gallery is small, and the GA gates have yet to open. It looks like I'll be doing my viewing by peekin through the fence situated at one end of the court. I'll keep you posted. I'm going over to the VIP entrance to see what's to see
Jordy, tell them you’re a reporter for the BY and see where that gets you.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Jordy, tell them you’re a reporter for the BY and see where that gets you.
They're checking names at the VIP entrance. I don't think my name has either enough bluff or cache. This line is a full long city block and they still haven't let anyone in. The girls are doing shoot around though.

JordyG

Reaction Score
They've just opened the gates.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They're checking names at the VIP entrance. I don't think my name has either enough bluff or cache. This line is a full long city block and they still haven't let anyone in. The girls are doing shoot around though.

Try JordyGeno. ;)

JordyG

Reaction Score
This line is huge. Instead of being smart and reaponsible by letting the crowd in at 11am, these fools opened the gates 22 mins before tip. Because they're checking with paddles at the entrance people will still be trailing in well after the tip.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Try JordyGeno. ;)
Trust me I tried. I even tried palming them money (you know, the old shake hands trick) and whining, all to no avail.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Trust me I tried. I even tried palming them money (you know, the old shake hands trick) and whining, all to no avail.

So the setup is to see the boy's game at 2PM, fans have to come prior to the girls game at 12?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well, as I thought, the players are introduced, the tip is on, and I can't see a thing from the human wall in front of me.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hard to watch. So much 1-on-1. Andrews and Reese want to take every shot.

Pass of the 1st half from Ducharme. She's a player.

In terms of bigs, Deberry and Gusters have work to do.

Reaction Score
Agree with this. I haven't seen a team or group of players in WCBB play the way Stewie, Tuck and Jefferson played together since they left college. That group made basketball look effortlessly beautiful.
I’d add Nurse’s defense, Hartley’s toughness, Stef’s screening and offensive initiatives, Stokes’s post presence and Mosqueda-Lewis’s sniper shooting to go along with everything those three did. That was a great group of players and an awesome four years. My favorite game during that time is when they played a tough Dayton team in the NCAA tournament 2015 and was down at the half. Tuck, Stewie, and Mosqueda-Lewis came out swinging in the second half.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, Mir's team had her guard Ducharme the last couple of minutes in the game to prevent 3 pointers, in an attempted comeback. It worked.
I could see McLean earning.minutes, in her freshman year, as a defensive stopper against the other team's best shooter.
She's quick enough to guard smaller players and jumps well enough to guard players 2-3" taller than she is.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jaelyn Bates ('22) just attended UCLA's basketball camp. She previously visited Louisville's camp and has also visited the Michigan campus.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph now following Saniya Rivers on social media making her the second assistant coach to do so.

Shea has also added 2021 Teonni Key, a 6-3 left-handed 3/4 hybrid out of North Carolina. Key is ranked as high as #16 by Prospects Nation.

Hat tip to UConn Cat.

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph now following Saniya Rivers on social media making her the second assistant coach to do so.

Shea has also added 2021 Teonni Key, a 6-3 left-handed 3/4 hybrid out of North Carolina. Key is ranked as high as #16 by Prospects Nation.

Hat tip to UConn Cat.
And for those who didn’t know, Teonni is the sister of Tamari, a 6-5 freshman at Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom