2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I know we are supposed to watch Lattimore but her point guard is pretty slick.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Bueckers is really a DT clone, at her height for a guard I bet Geno could have a plan to slide her over to the 2 for large periods of time as her career goes and have other PGs on the team. Like Muhl for instance and other PGs in later recruiting years.

Paige addressed this just a couple of months ago. She considers herself a combo-guard and has played the 3:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers said she plans to take her official visit to Storrs in the fall, maybe even with some additional company.

“Hopefully I can get a couple other recruits to come with me, so I can try and convince them to come join me as well,” she said with a laugh.

https://www.ctinsider.com/uconn/ctp..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

Reaction Score
Bueckers said she plans to take her official visit to Storrs in the fall, maybe even with some additional company.

“Hopefully I can get a couple other recruits to come with me, so I can try and convince them to come join me as well,” she said with a laugh.

Note to Paige: In addition to Azzi Fudd please make sure you have to crane your neck to speak to the other recruits that tag along.................. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Back in June, 2021 Payton Verhulst's high school coach said Notre Dame and UConn hadn't reached out to Verhulst in interest at that point. He basically reiterates that point in a new article on her which is odd since CD is following Verhulst on social media.

“She lets the playing on the floor do all the talking — and it’s starting to talk pretty loud,” said English. “There are only two schools in the United States that haven’t really shown an interest in her yet.

Reaction Score
Back in June, 2021 Payton Verhulst's high school coach said Notre Dame and UConn hadn't reached out to Verhulst in interest at that point. He basically reiterates that point in a new article on her which is odd since CD is following Verhulst on social media.

“She lets the playing on the floor do all the talking — and it’s starting to talk pretty loud,” said English. “There are only two schools in the United States that haven’t really shown an interest in her yet.

Have no idea what ND is thinking but too much talent at a couple of positions usually equals transfers and I think Auriemma may have a good idea of what he has coming down the pipeline.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Have no idea what ND is thinking but too much talent at a couple of positions usually equals transfers and I think Auriemma may have a good idea of what he has coming down the pipeline.

I get that potential rationale, just not why CD would have started following Verhulst if UConn isn't interested in her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A couple weeks ago in the old thread I made a list of the 2021 players UConn is known to have interest in based on Prospects Nation's rankings. Since they've recently adjusted those rankings the list is even bigger so I figured it'd be a good time to re-up.

1-Fudd
2-Rivers
3-DeBerry
4-Miles
6-Poffenbarger (verbal)
8-Moore
10-Verhulst *
11-McPherson
13-Lattimore
15-Bigby
17-Darius
18-Adams
20-Iriafen *
22-Wolfenbarger
23-Ducharme
24-R. Johnson
26-Kampschroeder
27-Von Oelhoffen
33-Citron
34-Hollingshead

* Not 100% verified

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If this is the wrong thread for this post I apologize. The Jr. NBA games starts today on FS1. The times are 5:00pm, 6:30pm, and 8:00 pm. I don't know the schedule for the girls. It's all pool play. If it's the wrong thread which one should I have put it in?

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If this is the wrong thread for this post I apologize. The Jr. NBA games starts today on FS1. The times are 5:00pm, 6:30pm, and 8:00 pm. I don't know the schedule for the girls. It's all pool play. If it's the wrong thread which one should I have put it in?

Still in progress. Many top '23s and 24s are playing including top '23's and UConn POI's Judea Watkins and Jada Williams. Blue Star's 1-2 for 2024 are there as well, Jaloni Cambridge and Kendall Dudley.

Watkins' teammate Breya Cunningham ('23) has been a monster so far and likely will be on UConn's radar soon if she isn't already. Player cards with stats below.

Reaction Score
That poor kid Fisher. Mama Mia.

It is no wonder that bigs had to make the biggest adjustment in college. She is so much bigger and taller than the other team that it is just a layup drill for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom