2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Any way you can move this to the non-UConn recruiting thread on the other board? It's certainly newsworthy but many months have passed since UConn was involved with Andrews. We're trying to keep this thread about UConn targets/players of interest. Thanks
Gees. Does it bother you that much?

She had UConn in her Top 12; so, since she is trimming her list to 5 I just thought I'd share it (in case UConn makes the cut). I had no clue UConn was no longer involved with Andrews.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Gees. Does it bother you that much?

She had UConn in her Top 12; so, since she is trimming her list to 5 I just thought I'd share it (in case UConn makes the cut). I had no clue UConn was no longer involved with Andrews.

Sigh. It doesn't bother me. Why should it? UConn has signed the top 2020 PG in the country and has also signed a 2020 PG from Europe. I think you know that.

It's just a request. I tried to ask politely. If you object then okay. We're just trying to keep recruiting threads on track.

For future reference, here's the link to the thread on non-UConn recruiting. It's very active.

Reaction Score
Sigh. It doesn't bother me. Why should it? UConn has signed the top 2020 PG in the country and has also signed a 2020 PG from Europe. I think you know that.

It's just a request. I tried to ask politely. If you object then okay. We're just trying to keep recruiting threads on track.

For future reference, here's the link to the thread on non-UConn recruiting. It's very active.

Come on! If she had UConn in her top 12 then what's the harm in posting the update? Are you 100% certain she won't sign with UConn? I didn't think so.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2020 Kamilla Cordosa 6’7” C - MVP - FBC United Hunt

Kamilla Cordosa has everything going to be ok demeanor about her. And at 6’7”, the GUAA Finals MVP makes everything ok by altering and blocking shots and limiting the opponents to just one shot by grabbing rebounds no one else can get. She is very mobile for her size. She has excellent hands and wingspan as she catches everything thrown her way and can finish at a high level. Cordosa also facilitated from the elbow and got the ball to were it needed to go to set up opportunities for her team to score. Cordosa finished with 7 points, but her impact on the outcome of the championship game was priceless.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“Ranked the No. 16 player in ESPN’s rankings of the Class of 2021, [Raven]Johnson said U of L, Connecticut, Baylor, Oregon, South Carolina and Mississippi State are the schools showing her the most interest.”

Certainly interesting.

Reaction Score

Civility isn't always returned with Civility. Uconn kids coming or going are Uconn kids until we know otherwise.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Civility isn't always returned with Civility. Uconn kids coming or going are Uconn kids until we know otherwise.
Wow, Not to be uncivil, but this might be the most confusing post ever.

Reaction Score
Certainly interesting.
If Bueckers is really a DT clone, at her height for a guard I bet Geno could have a plan to slide her over to the 2 for large periods of time as her career goes and have other PGs on the team. Like Muhl for instance and other PGs in later recruiting years.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Bueckers is really a DT clone, at her height for a guard I bet Geno could have a plan to slide her over to the 2 for large periods of time as her career goes and have other PGs on the team. Like Muhl for instance and other PGs in later recruiting years.

I see Paige more like Sue Bird in game and temperment and Fudd closer to DT

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd selected to participate in the upcoming Stephen Curry select camp which begins Monday. The other females players are Te-Hina PaoPao, Sasha Goforth, Cameron Brink, Treasure Hunt, and Alexis Donarski.

Last year Fudd and Brink were the two female players in attendance.

Reaction Score
Ok, who has the early scoop on Lauren Betts?

Seems like she could be in that "once in a generation" category with Fudd.

(Although I thought Mercedes Russell was to be Brittney Griner-lite based on a similarly dominant USA hoops performance).

I'll take anything. Was she seen wearing a UConn or Notre Dame shirt? Any relatives in Texas? A brother on the Duke swim team? Honor Roll? (i.e. potential for Stanford grades-wise)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Sometimes you simply like a player for the style of their game or aesthetic flare and she might be that for me for this cohort!

Curious about her outside shooting. Looks to have solid form, pretty quick and high release, and generally very comfortable in that aspect of her game....but I wanna see percentages lol.

I mean, is she even guardable if she's close to 40% from BTA?

Would be a big coup if new HC Courtney Banghart can keep her in-state and a terrifying development if Dawn keeps her close-but-not-too-close to home with her already loaded roster.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some Raven Johnson here and the next post. She's the PG on Kamilla Cardoso's AAU squad, incidentally.

Reaction Score

GET THIS GIRL ON GENOS RADAR! Just 15 and 6'4". She averaged 33.2 rebounds & 24.4 points at the Zone 5 Qualifiers.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

GET THIS GIRL ON GENOS RADAR! Just 15 and 6'4". She averaged 33.2 rebounds & 24.4 points at the Zone 5 Qualifiers.

I'd like to see video of these games. Did anyone else on either team move for a rebound?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'd like to see video of these games. Did anyone else on either team move for a rebound?

One would think it would be hard to have those numbers and be a -6, but then this girl was somehow a -72 in her first game.

Reaction Score
One would think it would be hard to have those numbers and be a -6, but then this girl was somehow a -72 in her first game.

Mali looks to be what USA is to the Americas to Africa. 108-32, 112-32, and 88-57 win so far, and now up 57-11 over Mozambique.

I'm hoping to eventually watch Uganda vs. Mozambique to see what that was all about.

Reaction Score

Could have taken her 4 shots to make a bunny. That's 4 OB's/fg. They add up when it's like that. I bet 30% of Tina Charles rebounds in her first 2 years were OB's of her own misses.

Reaction Score
Could have taken her 4 shots to make a bunny. That's 4 OB's/fg. They add up when it's like that. I bet 30% of Tina Charles rebounds in her first 2 years were OB's of her own misses.
She shot 15/28 FG:cool:

Warning, it’s hard to watch. 49 rebounds is unreal though!

ATTN: head to 1:23:30 for an example of why it’s hard to watch AND a great laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom