2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well, it won't be UConn for Dalayah Daniels.

EBfqd0IUEAAkaJ_.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Daniels seemed like a long shot.

Edwards, Cardoso, Okosun, and Gabriel are the only known targets left for 2020.

Just a guess: The two former are priorities 1-2 with the the two latter being fallback options.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This is (again) concerning. Five players on the 19-20 squad will be leaving. Even with two of the above, the roster would be losing ground numerically (or holding steady?). Joining others on this board, I worry about numbers overall, and especially bigs.

There are already three commits for 2020--Bueckers, Muhl, Mclean. One more would be fine but I think two is possible and maybe the goal.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
There are already three commits for 2020--Bueckers, Muhl, Mclean. One more would be fine but I think two is possible and maybe the goal.
Thanks. I parenthesized "or holding steady" because I thought I was forgetting someone. I forgot Mir was class of '20. So yeah, getting two more would be good.

Reaction Score
This is (again) concerning. Five players on the 19-20 squad will be leaving. Even with two of the above, the roster would be losing ground numerically (or holding steady?). Joining others on this board, I worry about numbers overall, and especially bigs.
We all know losing numberically isn't "always" bad for the program: Personally I prefer to have numbers of really good players. All too often has the roster been depleted and top kids had to play 35 plus minutes per game not good.

Reaction Score
Daniels seemed like a long shot.

Edwards, Cardoso, Okosun, and Gabriel are the only known targets left for 2020.

Just a guess: The two former are priorities 1-2 with the the two latter being fallback options.
Yea---it's easy to SEE why Daniels may not be a target. I don't know why anyone thinks this is a good way to show her leaping ability---the picture make me sick. (No offesne SluUconn like your facts and intellect in reporting the potential recruits--I guess I saw too many real ones in Military hospitals--I really can't look at it)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We all need to get beyond the total numbers of players recruited and focus on quality and fit. If UConn brings in 5 players in the 2020 class, based on history, there is a high probability that at least 2 will be gone by their sophomore season, not to mention the potential to also lose 2019 recruits and the impact such a large class has on 2021 recruiting.

Recruiting is a very delicate balance. If UConn could bring in one solid Big in the class of 2020, that would be good. I certainly don’t want to see another g/w commit until Azzi does for the Class of ‘21.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I parenthesized "or holding steady" because I thought I was forgetting someone. I forgot Mir was class of '20. So yeah, getting two more would be good.
Don’t forget Westbrook. They currently have a roster of nine for 20-21; one more commit would be fine. Besides, classes of more than three usually don’t go very well. If they don’t recruit anybody else for next year, they can certainly find a competent grad transfer to fill out the roster.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget Westbrook. They currently have a roster of nine for 20-21; one more commit would be fine. Besides, classes of more than three usually don’t go very well. If they don’t recruit anybody else for next year, they can certainly find a competent grad transfer to fill out the roster.

UCONN needs to recruit at least one quality post, hopefully Edwards. If they do that they will probably have the #1 recruiting class. Their won't be any grad transfers as good as Edwards.

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to recruit at least one quality post, hopefully Edwards. If they do that they will probably have the #1 recruiting class. Their won't be any grad transfers as good as Edwards.
Aaliyah reminds me a lot of Napheesa. The real question is will the yellow braids have to go though?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Judea Watkins and Breya Cunningham are putting on a show tonight at the Jr NBA championships. Watkins has 21 at the half that includes 7-7 from the line and a pair of threes. Cunningham has 13 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 blocks, and is making a case for #1 in that class ('23).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Judea Watkins and Breya Cunningham are putting on a show tonight at the Jr NBA championships. Watkins has 21 at the half that includes 7-7 from the line and a pair of threes. Cunningham has 13 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 blocks, and is making a case for #1 in that class ('23).

Watkins finished with 25 points, 8 rebs, 3 assists, and 3 steals although she was just 7/18 from the field.

Cunningham 25 points on 12/14 shooting, 13 rebs, 6 blocks

Reaction Score

Edwards is not a post.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Edwards played the 4/PF position for Team Canada in the recent U19 world championships. She led Team Canada in points and rebounds.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Textbook! Auriemma should be all over this kid.
You weren't kidding! She gets position as soon as she sees her teammate is going to shoot, boxes out the defender, waits for the ball to hit the rim, releases and goes for the rebound. Worth watching frame by frame. That is exactly* how it is done.

(*Maybe release when the ball crosses your shoulder, but who am I to quibble.)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Edwards played the 4/PF position for Team Canada in the recent U19 world championships. She led Team Canada in points and rebounds.

Edwards is likely a 3/4 hybrid eventually, I believe. A 3 because she can guard the perimeter, make shots, drive, and pass. A 4 because she can guard that spot and has a post game, and rebounds.

If we're lucky enough for her to come to Storrs, she'd probably play more 4 but some 3 too based on lineups.

Reaction Score
I was going to post last week that I would not be surprised if Someone replaced Fudd as the number one player in 2021. The question some may have is will Fudd be able to play as well after rehab as she did before the injury.
My daughter, an incredibly fast softball pitcher at age 10, tore her rotator cuff throwing from outfield. A physical therapist tore it worse. Scar tissue made it impossible for her to pitch. We spent months in a therapy pool keeping her muscles in shape (and having a lot of fun). One day she decided to try pitching. After warmups, she decided to try a pitch and immediately fell to the ground in pain. A sports doctor checked her out, moving her arm, and then told her, “Your rehab is over. Everything is fine. You ripped open the scar tissue.” Her coach eased her back, finally put her into a game against a 15U B competitive team (she was 12U A). She pitched two innings, striking out six, throwing at a higher speed, thanks to her rehab training, and was one deliriously happy kid. Like many, her injury was freakish, having nothing to do with her pitching practice (softball fast pitch pitching uses a natural underhand motion, which is why pitchers can pitch five games a day, whereas baseball pitchers, using an unnatural overhand motion, are frequently injured.) Rehab works, with dedicated athletes. I wouldn’t worry about Fuddled.

Reaction Score
My daughter, an incredibly fast softball pitcher at age 10, tore her rotator cuff throwing from outfield. A physical therapist tore it worse. Scar tissue made it impossible for her to pitch. We spent months in a therapy pool keeping her muscles in shape (and having a lot of fun). One day she decided to try pitching. After warmups, she decided to try a pitch and immediately fell to the ground in pain. A sports doctor checked her out, moving her arm, and then told her, “Your rehab is over. Everything is fine. You ripped open the scar tissue.” Her coach eased her back, finally put her into a game against a 15U B competitive team (she was 12U A). She pitched two innings, striking out six, throwing at a higher speed, thanks to her rehab training, and was one deliriously happy kid. Like many, her injury was freakish, having nothing to do with her pitching practice (softball fast pitch pitching uses a natural underhand motion, which is why pitchers can pitch five games a day, whereas baseball pitchers, using an unnatural overhand motion, are frequently injured.) Rehab works, with dedicated athletes. I wouldn’t worry about Fuddled.

as the dad of a high school softball pitcher I would not totally buy into the concept that the softball pitching motion doesn't put stress on the arm.................I know of a number of promising pitchers who have had serious arm/shoulder problems which have derailed their careers..................not as likely compared to baseball but I wouldn't suggest any developing siftball pitcher throw five games in week much less a day..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom