2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 190 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
If the recruit refused to wear the jersey, I would hope that a school like ND would tell them that they are no longer interested in having them be part of the team. I don’t care how good they are, or how good they think that they are.

I think that ND should make that clear to all their recruits as a pre-requisite to any visit. :)

Reaction Score
If the recruit refused to wear the jersey, I would hope that a school like ND would tell them that they are no longer interested in having them be part of the team. I don’t care how good they are, or how good they think that they are.

Really? If the recruit said they just didn't feel comfortable doing it at any of her visits? I'd respect the heck out of her as long as she was consistent about it........surely ND doesn't need that extra pub...........

Reaction Score
it gets back to just how serious the recruit is about attending a particular school...................some say why not just go out and take your visits because it will be fun to see other schools especially in parts of the country even if your mind is already made up....................in those instances maybe the recruits feel they owe the college uniform pics, etc...................I'm just not comfortable with that but then again if it was my daughter, I would counsel her to cancel those visits just as Aubrey Griffin did when she knew it was UConn for her............it's hardly a major issue for me but something to consider

Reaction Score
I think that ND should make that clear to all their recruits as a pre-requisite to any visit. :)

I’d be OK with that. Why offer a scholarship to someone who doesn’t want to attend?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
it gets back to just how serious the recruit is about attending a particular school....some say why not just go out and take your visits because it will be fun to see other schools especially in parts of the country even if your mind is already made up.....in those instances maybe the recruits feel they owe the college uniform pics, etc....I'm just not comfortable with that but then again if it was my daughter, I would counsel her to cancel those visits just as Aubrey Griffin did when she knew it was UConn for her..it's hardly a major issue for me but something to consider
It potentially becomes a major issue when you expect the recruits to behave in the same way that you would counsel your daughter to behave. My guess is that those recruits are listening to their own parents-thank goodness![/QUOTE]

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
it gets back to my general sense that you don't play recruiting games with schools, treating official visits like quick paid vacations.....I would equate it to taking one of those free trip offers to look at timeshares when you know you're never going to buy one.....certainly not something that I would ever consider
You must be an incredible joy at parties. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Really? If the recruit said they just didn't feel comfortable doing it at any of her visits? I'd respect the heck out of her as long as she was consistent about it...surely ND doesn't need that extra pub......

I certainly don’t feel like Notre Dame needs the publicity, but the idea that a high school basketball player doesn’t feel comfortable being seen in an ND uniform would be enough for me to say, that “I don’t feel comfortable with you attending the school. So let’s save both of us the time and effort, and forget the visit”.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I certainly don’t feel like Notre Dame needs the publicity, but the idea that a high school basketball player doesn’t feel comfortable being seen in an ND uniform would be enough for me to say, that “I don’t feel comfortable with you attending the school. So let’s save both of us the time and effort, and forget the visit”.
Regarding the use of the photo for "publicity" by ND or any other school the NCAA rules are conflicted at best.

Under rule 13.11.7 Photograph of Prospect: "It is permissible for an institution to photograph a prospect during a campus visit to be used in the institution's permissible publicity and promotional activities (e.g., press release, media guide), .....
Under rule 13.4.4.1 Recruiting Advertisements. "The publication of advertising or promotional material, by or on behalf of a member institution, designed to solicit the enrollment of a prospective student-athlete is not permitted. "

So you can take the picture, put the picture in a press release or media guide just can intend for that press release or media guide attract the recruit to your school? :eek:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/belm/genrel/auto_pdf/comp-mediarelations.pdf

Reaction Score

If it was only ND I'd agree with you but what if she had the same rules for all of her schools?

Reaction Score
If it was only ND I'd agree with you but what if she had the same rules for all of her schools?

If she can find schools that are OK with her refusal to fulfill a request as simple as wearing a jersey for a picture, good for her. I would hope that Notre Dame would not be one of those schools. If high school seniors (or juniors) feel that they are running the show, just imagine what they will be like once they actually enroll. I don’t think I would want any part of them, on the team, or in the school.

Reaction Score
If she can find schools that are OK with her refusal to fulfill a request as simple as wearing a jersey for a picture, good for her. I would hope that Notre Dame would not be one of those schools. If high school seniors (or juniors) feel that they are running the show, just imagine what they will be like once they actually enroll. I don’t think I would want any part of them, on the team, or in the school.

OK, to each his own....................I doubt that it's ever an issue any way.........................seems like everybody under the age of 40 likes to pose for pictures any chance they get these days..............

Reaction Score
OK, to each his own.....I doubt that it's ever an issue any way.....seems like everybody under the age of 40 likes to pose for pictures any chance they get these days....

Then I would be OK with her attending the school. The idea of some high school kid setting the rules, and refusing to honor a simple request during her official visit and then expecting to be awarded a four year scholarship worth about $250,000 is more than a little annoying.

Reactions: MTC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Hansen breaks down the recent AAU event in Minnesota mentioned here previously:

Paige Bueckers
Minnesota, Class of 2020

What more can you say about the No. 1 junior in the country? Her mid-range game was surgical all weekend long. She’s a model of patience in breaking her defender down because she can finish with either hand, off either foot and has the skill to finish tight angles. Add to that an automatic mid-range pull-up and has a solution for every defensive strategy. Highly celebrated and awarded kids often have a big target on their backs, and for Bueckers it’s no different, but she handles it gracefully. She was challenged over and over in the spotlight rounds and each time she competed with a smile and played both sides of the ball as if each possession mattered. It’s scary to think she has two seasons of high school basketball left.

Leilani Kapinus
Wisconsin, Class of 2020

Kapinus is coming off a terrific summer where she was arguably the biggest stock riser in the country. The physical traits are easy to spot as the strong and long wing-guard has a college frame as a high school junior. The good news is she already knows how to use it. She wasted very little movement and got downhill on her defender with regularity. She moved well without the basketball and seemed at home attacking off the bounce from any angle.

First Look: Check Me Out Minneapolis | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score

Why, Dabball, are you posting this in the UCONN 2019/2020 Recruiting thread? Well its because Stanford is set to graduate 4 after the 2018-19 season and Warnock would be the 4th 2019 commit. They would then have a full roster and give out all their scholarships before Jones commits. Now any school would be wild not to make room for a player of Jones caliber, but still interesting

Reaction Score

Why, Dabball, are you posting this in the UCONN 2019/2020 Recruiting thread? Well its because Stanford is set to graduate 4 after the 2018-19 season and would be the 4th 2019 commit. They would then have a full roster and give out all their scholarships before Jones commits. Now any school would be wild not to make room for a player of Jones caliber, but still interesting

it would be a great sign if she picked Stanford and could be perceived as a not so great sign if she doesn't

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
AAU coach who attended the ZG Select College Showcase mentioned above:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star has re-ordered their 2019 class. (Edit: 2020 class)

11-Merritt
12-PaoPao
13-Goforth
14-Poole
15-Campbell
16-Hunt
17-Scherr
18-Gaston
19-Eaton
20-Hutcherson

Blue Star has adjusted their 2020 list past the top-10.

UConn target Hannah Gusters comes in at #17.

Confirmation:

Blue Star Basketball

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
[Now any school would be wild not to make room for a player of Jones caliber, but still interesting

Ms. McKenna War nock has chosen Iowa. And yes, I’m aware that there is an unwanted space in my spelling of her name, but the BY software seems to think that I am typing some horrible word that must be censored in order to save Western civilization as we know it.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another recruiting service, this one subscription based, names Paige Bueckers the #1 player of the 2020 class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom