2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 161 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When you leave a message for that pretty lady asking for a date and she doesn't return your call you move on and that is what Samantha and her family appears to have done. From Geno's perspective if you see that same lady out on a date with another guy and she looks like she having fun you might be less likely to keep leaving her messages and explore your other options. Still plenty of time for the story to end well and I hope it does for Samantha.
I sure hope everyone has a date for the senior prom.... :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yea.... I could see how this picture could be mistaken for strong interest.... and Carl could be mistaken... and the Brunelle family misunderstand ... and her hometown newspaper report the wrong thing.... it is not like Samantha would know what an offer is anyway. I don't recall a single BYer being stunned at a Brunelle UCONN offer. I remember universal BY glee and hope that Samantha would accept the offer and anxiety that she might not. 2019 recruit Sam Brunelle...

Cu6F1u3WgAA3Xfe.jpg
Funnily enough, only 2 people in the photo will be attending or returning to UConn next year.

Reaction Score
I must have missed this, why didn't Amihere play for Canada in the tournament?

Her knee aside, I'd speculate she would be working with the senior national team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2020 Hannah Gusters is set to announce a list of 12 schools today. She won't say when exactly but keep an eye out.

Reaction Score
A new name to look out for in the class of 2020:

Dalayah Daniels a 6-4 Forward (more specifically a Face-up 4 according to Dan Olson) is ranked #16 in the class of 2020.

Has Connecticut, Texas, Oregon, Oregon State, and Stanford in her current top 5. Not sure whether or not we have offered. Extremely mobile for 6-4.

Sounds a little similar to Brink.
- Both 6-4
- Both PNW girls
- Both play the 4
- Both are extremely mobile for the size

Link to a recent ESPN write-up on her:
Washington high school standout Dalayah Daniels becomes a force on the basketball court

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

UConn hasn’t had much success enticing BIGS to leave the Lonestar state, and I note that almost half of the schools on her top 12 list are located in TX.

Well, maybe we’re due.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn hasn’t had much success enticing BIGS to leave the Lonestar state, and I note that almost half of the schools on her top 12 list are located in TX.

Well, maybe we’re due.

You can get better odds of Geno and Muffet square dancing than Gusters attending Houston or Texas Tech.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You can get better odds of Geno and Muffet square dancing than Gusters attending Houston or Texas Tech.
Actually, if Gusters doesn’t end up in Storrs, I’d like to see her at Houston. While I realize that’s highly unlikely, it would be good to have another AAC school land a top recruit or two.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And there's USC again. They might not land any of these players, but they sure are getting their foot in a lot of doors lately.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not sure if I've seen Dalayah Daniels (6-4 post, from Seattle, WA; class of 2020) listed here. Currently ranked #16 in her class by ESPN. In a recent article she states her top 5 at the moment, in no particular order, are UConn, Texas, Oregon St., Oregon and Stanford. She's not as big of a name as Van Lith or Brink but still a fairly big recruit from the NW. Led her team to a second place finish in the State Tourney as a soph at the 3A level, 2nd highest in Washington and usually talentwise about on par with 4A.

Washington high school standout Dalayah Daniels becomes a force on the basketball court

edited--oops, somebody mentioned Daniels a few posts before mine; I didn't see that earlier, it was a stealth post

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And there's USC again. They might not land any of these players, but they sure are getting their foot in a lot of doors lately.
I think having the Olympic coach as your HC is part of the appeal. It was a benefit for Geno, and it should be for Dawn as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think having the Olympic coach as your HC is part of the appeal. It was a benefit for Geno, and it should be for Dawn as well.

Being a left coaster, to me USC is the school in California. They've made several top 5 lists lately and the top 12 for Gusters. I can see the appeal of Staley as an up and coming coach. Mark Trakh....hmm.

Reaction Score
Actually, if Gusters doesn’t end up in Storrs, I’d like to see her at Houston. While I realize that’s highly unlikely, it would be good to have another AAC school land a top recruit or two.

Houston has recently added a basketball practice facility much like UConn's. Don't know how the school survived the flooding and I know little about their coach but considering that they are in Texas and that facilities and coaching are high on the list for recruits it wouldn't surprise me to see Houston improve their program. They are in a better position than USF as far as recruiting.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Being a left coaster, to me USC is the school in California. They've made several top 5 lists lately and the top 12 for Gusters. I can see the appeal of Staley as an up and coming coach. Mark Trakh....hmm.

Well, the administrative staff at USC thought enough of his work at New Mexico State to bring him back. And he thought enough of Aarika Hughes, whom he coached at USC during his first stint and was his assistant (and recruiting coordinator) at NMS, to bring her back to Troy. And since then, we see the USC appearing with top prospects and enticing transfers like Ms. Overbeck.
Here's some more information on her for those that are interested:
Aarika Hughes - Women's Basketball Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator - University of Southern California

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, the administrative staff at USC thought enough of his work at New Mexico State to bring him back. And he thought enough of Aarika Hughes, whom he coached at USC during his first stint and was his assistant (and recruiting coordinator) at NMS, to bring her back to Troy. And since then, we see the USC appearing with top prospects and enticing transfers like Ms. Overbeck.
Here's some more information on her for those that are interested:
Aarika Hughes - Women's Basketball Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator - University of Southern California

I do think Trakh did a fine job at NMSU. I don't remember his first stint at USC being particularly memorable (just looked it up; 52-38 in conference and 90-64 overall in 5 years w/ 2 NCAA Tourney appearances that were both 2 and out; never finished higher than 4th in conference).

I think the city of LA pretty much sells itself. USC and UCLA both tend to recruit fairly well in just about every sport, regardless of the coach or the on the field/court product. After many many years of following Pac 10/12 sports, I think both of the LA schools generally underachieve relative to their level of recruiting. There of course have been exceptions.

So I guess I pretty much answered myself about why so many recruits are eyeing USC. Maybe not so much to do w/ Trakh but just the school/location itself.

Reaction Score
Not sure if I've seen Dalayah Daniels (6-4 post, from Seattle, WA; class of 2020) listed here. Currently ranked #16 in her class by ESPN. In a recent article she states her top 5 at the moment, in no particular order, are UConn, Texas, Oregon St., Oregon and Stanford. She's not as big of a name as Van Lith or Brink but still a fairly big recruit from the NW. Led her team to a second place finish in the State Tourney as a soph at the 3A level, 2nd highest in Washington and usually talentwise about on par with 4A.

edited--oops, somebody mentioned Daniels a few posts before mine; I didn't see that earlier, it was a stealth post

OSU just want to collect post players? I thought they had a lot on the team in terms of depth. However, when I look at recruits list I see them on all of the post player's 6'4 or taller final list. Must love some centers there.

Reaction Score

it would be interesting to count just how many '19 and '20 recruits have listed Louisville as a semi/finalist school of choice..........JW and company really know how to get them into the church, they just don't always get them to the altar........

JordyG

Reaction Score
More like square dancing on George Forman grille while being eaten by dinosaurs.

JordyG

Reaction Score
it would be interesting to count just how many '19 and '20 recruits have listed Louisville as a semi/finalist school of choice.....JW and company really know how to get them into the church, they just don't always get them to the altar...
Walz is too busy recruiting the flower girl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom