2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 189 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Reaction Score
What was she supposed to say?

well that's always the question who asked who to do that? Frankly if asked I'd just say I prefer not to wear uniforms at my visits but thanks for asking..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
well that's always the question who asked who to do that? Frankly if asked I'd just say I prefer not to wear uniforms at my visits but thanks for asking.....
That's kinda not how it works. The recruits know before they get to campus what schools will ask them to put on a uniform and take nice pictures. This is not something that's sprung on them at the last minute. If a recruit is not willing to take picture in a school's uniform, then don't take the official visit.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I agree....so why bother putting on the uniform?
I would remind everyone that Boston also donned a ND uniform just a few weeks ago. The only uniform that matters is the one she’ll put on during 1st Night at Gampel in 2019.

Reaction Score
That's kinda not how it works. The recruits know before they get to campus what schools will ask them to put on a uniform and take nice pictures. This is not something that's sprung on them at the last minute. If a recruit is not willing to take picture in a school's uniform, then don't take the official visit.

So for example if Haley Jones or Paige Bueckers tells ND they want to take an official visit but don't want to wear their uniform for a publicity shot ND tells them they are no longer interested? I find that very difficult to believe...........

Reaction Score
I would remind everyone that Boston also donned a ND uniform just a few weeks ago. The only uniform that matters is the one she’ll put on during 1st Night at Gampel in 2019.

do they at least get to keep them or is that a violation?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Aw, come on Charlie, please see #4695 in which I detail possible reasons she might come to OSU (please tighten eyelids/eyebrows). All those reasons, plus:
- save for UConn (and others I might not know), this ritual of putting on the uni is par for the course for most trips (as a long-time road runner, kinda like getting the shirt before and if you run the race).
- and, as I said, she wants to see how she looks in red, white and grey. We all should seek different looks, right? :rolleyes:

That said, I think the only uniform you should worry about outside of the Huskies has a lot of blue, gold and/or green in it. ;)

Reaction Score
Aw, come on Charlie, please see #4695 in which I detail possible reasons she might come to OSU (please tighten eyelids/eyebrows). All those reasons, plus:
- save for UConn (and others I might not know), this ritual of putting on the uni is par for the course for most trips (as a long-time road runner, kinda like getting the shirt before and if you run the race).
- and, as I said, she wants to see how she looks in red, white and grey. We all should seek different looks, right? :rolleyes:

That said, I think the only uniform you should worry about outside of the Huskies has a lot of blue, gold and/or green in it. ;)

it gets back to my general sense that you don't play recruiting games with schools, treating official visits like quick paid vacations..........I would equate it to taking one of those free trip offers to look at timeshares when you know you're never going to buy one...............certainly not something that I would ever consider

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
do they at least get to keep them or is that a violation?
That would be a violation unless the recruit pays for the uni. According to NCAA rules, on an official recruiting visit, a school is limited to what it can pay for for a recruit and their parents/guardians to the following:

- round trip transportation
- lodging
- 3 meals per day
- tickets to 1 on campus sporting event

Reaction Score
That would be a violation unless the recruit pays for the uni. According to NCAA rules, on an official recruiting visit, a school is limited to what it can pay for for a recruit and their parents/guardians to the following:

- round trip transportation
- lodging
- 3 meals per day
- tickets to 1 on campus sporting event

so no uniforms and no timeshares..................got it!!!..............;)

Reaction Score

Maybe her hosts asked her to for a photo op.
What happens when a recruit appears in photos wearing the uniforms from the universities she's visiting ? Does that mean she plans on going to all of them ?

Reaction Score
Maybe her hosts asked her to for a photo op.
What happens when a recruit appears in photos wearing the uniforms from the universities she's visiting ? Does that mean she plans on going to all of them ?

no correlation at all...............and that's the point

Reaction Score
Possibly to be polite to your hosts?

Why would a reputable university feel the need to do that? That's why I appreciate UConn...............Geno doesn't play games................he has no interest in promoting players or the school in this manner...............I wonder what happens to all those photos when the school hears that the recruit isn't going to join their program...........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Why would a reputable university feel the need to do that? That's why I appreciate UConn.....Geno doesn't play games......he has no interest in promoting players or the school in this manner.....I wonder what happens to all those photos when the school hears that the recruit isn't going to join their program......

Delete button is an integral tool.....

Reaction Score
Why would a reputable university feel the need to do that? That's why I appreciate UConn.....Geno doesn't play games......he has no interest in promoting players or the school in this manner.....I wonder what happens to all those photos when the school hears that the recruit isn't going to join their program......

I would guess that the parents of the recruits have a photo album showing their daughters in all the various uniforms. A pretty cool thing to show your grandchildren.

I think it was a better tactic for the schools before the internet/social media came along. Send the kid home with a picture of them in the uni to show their friends.

Reaction Score
I think Geno’s position on the uniform is consistent - you have to earn it to wear it.

I'd guess that UConn recruits wear UConn duds when they practice with the team.

These officials are essentially sales pitches. I'd say this tactic is a lot like the car salesman having you sit behind the wheel of the car he's trying to sell you.

Reaction Score
These officials are essentially sales pitches. I'd say this tactic is a lot like the car salesman having you sit behind the wheel of the car he's trying to sell you.

UConn duds yes, uniforms only if you earn them.

Reaction Score
So for example if Haley Jones or Paige Bueckers tells ND they want to take an official visit but don't want to wear their uniform for a publicity shot ND tells them they are no longer interested? I find that very difficult to believe......

If the recruit refused to wear the jersey, I would hope that a school like ND would tell them that they are no longer interested in having them be part of the team. I don’t care how good they are, or how good they think that they are.

Reaction Score
I'd guess that UConn recruits wear UConn duds when they practice with the team.

it sure seems like something a car salesman.......... perhaps a used car salesman would do...........how about just introducing the recruits to the coaching staff and current team, watch a workout.......let them participate if it is allowed and just hang out.............and give them a damn sweatshirt......................I know that's what UConn does although I admit the viewing of the trophies, rings and then dinner with the the best WBB coach of all time is something nobody else can offer......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom