2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 63 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
New Rochelle New York

I know that Derek Ferraro (6-6 285lb C/OL/DL) from Iona Prep High School has been up to UConn a few times recently. Highlights here

I'm not sure this kid has the size to play at the next level but something tells me we want him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm not sure this kid has the size to play at the next level but something tells me we want him.
He seems to get beat off the snap on many of those highlights. Looks more like Cummings a choice. Happy to have him as a walk on center. Happy to be wrong too.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

He seems to get beat off the snap on many of those highlights. Looks more like. Cummings a choice. Happy to have him as a walk on center. Happy to be wrong too.

I was joking and never even watched his vid. 6'6", 285?

Yes please.

Reaction Score
We're gonna miss Corey ... He's been a plus guy to have putting our program on the map nationally... Hoping whoever his dad replaces him with brings that similar (if not better) edge... keep us building relevance out west....

Reaction Score
We're gonna miss Corey ... He's been a plus guy to have putting our program on the map nationally... Hoping whoever his dad replaces him with brings that similar (if not better) edge... keep us building relevance out west....

he will be back.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
With all the talk and reports yesterday I was sure he was a goner... Do you have an update?

I wonder if there are ways to circumvent the rules, maybe have HCRE pay TECE directly, maybe have him work as a personal assistant to HCRE something along those lines?

Reaction Score
Mutual Interest: Darick Stephenson 6-0 190 RB/Safety from Atlanta Georgia

Love going after these guys with "interest" from the big boys but no offers - I think this is a good strategy for where we are at. This kid has unofficially visited Florida, Clemson, and Tennessee and also is listed as having interest from Auburn and Arizona, but only official offer is Florida Atlantic - maybe a step slow or a bit too small for that level but could absolutely help us - Mensah was a similar guy with a Michigan PWO offer - you offer and then just hope one of those schools doesn't get far enough down their list to offer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
beat me to it huskymedic opens up 3 more schollies for 2018, yes? or at least some Spring enrollees....

Later this week, maybe tonight I will post an update of the projected roster using Southpaw22's excel format.

The one notable change is given Eli Thomas is on campus and practicing with the team, I count him as currently using a scholarship. With the Aussie punter on reported to also be on scholarship, I think we are looking at a full roster of 85 kids presently on scholarship with Mason Donaldson continuing to participate as a walk on.

Without early attrition which we all expect, there is room to add 5 more kids next year, but only four more after you grant one scholarship to Mason Donaldson.

If we don't get early attrition ahead of the NLI date, I would guess the four remaining slots are used as 2 DL, 1 RB and 1DB. They could go to the JUCO market after spring practices where certainly a few more kids would drop out to create room to grab a TE, another RB and another DL. Of course injuries and everything else could change priorities, but this is my guess for now.

Parting comment, could we see Jay Rose at DE next year?

Reaction Score
Exit 4: maybe you weren't around in the 2003-2009 HCRE time frame. I'm telling you what's coming. We haven't seen any evidence that Terry Richardson has been involved in recruiting. He has. The 3rd week in January, we are going to have 3 to 6 visitors from FL. Often they are kids disenchanted with earlier commitments (often overrecruited). There has to be at least one RB.

Reaction Score
Exit 4: maybe you weren't around in the 2003-2009 HCRE time frame. I'm telling you what's coming. We haven't seen any evidence that Terry Richardson has been involved in recruiting. He has. The 3rd week in January, we are going to have 3 to 6 visitors from FL. Often they are kids disenchanted with earlier commitments (often overrecruited). There has to be at least one RB.

There's evidence... he's been in Georgia w/ Lashlee sniffing out RB's. I agree there will be a sleeper in the mix from Florida as well.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Can't wait to see that happen. But until then my mind obsesses over the little facts we do know. We really need the last 4 , 5 or 6 kids to be high quality if we want to be more than a 5 win team.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

This is pretty big news. It is reported that Mimes is visiting on 12/8, then Rutty the following weekend. We could really use a guy like him at DE. Long arms, tackles downward. Looks like he has room to grow stronger and improve his technique. This is a kid with upside.

I hope he decides to head north and get away from attending school in the backyard. Come north where he will get more playing time sooner.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

So perhaps we are looking at Banks at SS, Morrison at FS, Lazarus at CB1, Carroll at CB2 and Lucien at CB3. But at 6'2'', I could see this kid becoming CB1 or CB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom