2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 89 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
At certain point you have to appreciate the fact that we aren't scouts, have a very limited view of prospect (very few people on this board actually talk to kids, meet their parents, know much about their academics, get a sense of their coachability or work ethic) and aren't privy to all the conversations. Who really knows what has been said and what happened.

thank you, people, you have no idea why he didn't end up at UConn and guess what it doesn't matter. Outside of the kid himself I don't care what anyone "thinks" he would have done if he got an offer, he didn't, there's a reason for that, let it go.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
He looks like a four star, even five star with his remarkable burst and ability to change direction. Unfortunately I think we are the victim of a 247 glitch generating false hope.

im sure im gonna be alone on this one but nothing really jumped out at me when I watched that tape. he might be good in the slot because he does have + quickness but a large majority of those catches he was wide open or his QB threw him open, no contested catches or jump balls he had to go get. I also wouldnt let him anywhere near the PR position, all his returns start with him running 10yds backwards and around other players, that just wont happen at the next level.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
im sure im gonna be alone on this one but nothing really jumped out at me when I watched that tape. he might be good in the slot because he does have + quickness but a large majority of those catches he was wide open or his QB threw him open, no contested catches or jump balls he had to go get. I also wouldnt let him anywhere near the PR position, all his returns start with him running 10yds backwards and around other players, that just wont happen at the next level.

For sure. He looked like more of a WR than CB to me

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
247 - which can be grossly in accurate and indifferent (or lazy) at times (hello Lucien committed to UConn over a month ago) has refreshed its forecast for Baldonado to UCF as favorite, MSU as warm and all others as cold after posting a refresh of its recruiting story.

This one is a little frustrating because about 14 days ago no one gave him much attention.

Sure hope we reel in Landon Woodson and offer David N. Lets go with 2 DL, 1OL, 1LB 1RB, 1safety and Gilmore (WR or CB) to round out the seven.
Maybe we move Brouse to OL to make up for taking just one more OL. Boy, we really need a way to get 8 more NLI kids this cycle.

For transfer targets; stick with a priority for a RB, DL and TE as 5th year seniors.

As for Gilmore, while he certainly looks more like a slot receiver, if he sees himself as a corner, then start with corner for year 1 and ponder a position change at the end of the year if it appears its not utilizing his physical skills best. For next year we do have a pretty decent (by UConn standards) slot WR corp with Skanes, Beals, maybe Buss and at times Dixon. Then we have our hybrid - Davis.

Reaction Score
247 - which can be grossly in accurate and indifferent (or lazy) at times (hello Lucien committed to UConn over a month ago) has refreshed its forecast for Baldonado to UCF as favorite, MSU as warm and all others as cold after posting a refresh of its recruiting story.

This one is a little frustrating because about 14 days ago no one gave him much attention.

Sure hope we reel in Landon Woodson and offer David N. Lets go with 2 DL, 1OL, 1LB 1RB, 1safety and Gilmore (WR or CB) to round out the seven.
Maybe we move Brouse to OL to make up for taking just one more OL. Boy, we really need a way to get 8 more NLI kids this cycle.

For transfer targets; stick with a priority for a RB, DL and TE as 5th year seniors.

As for Gilmore, while he certainly looks more like a slot receiver, if he sees himself as a corner, then start with corner for year 1 and ponder a position change at the end of the year if it appears its not utilizing his physical skills best. For next year we do have a pretty decent (by UConn standards) slot WR corp with Skanes, Beals, maybe Buss and at times Dixon. Then we have our hybrid - Davis.
I sent an email to 247 a week or so ago... No changes to our recruiting page... I think we're an afterthought for them unless any of our recruits are recruited by P5 schools that they pay more attention to.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I sent an email to 247 a week or so ago... No changes to our recruiting page... I think we're an afterthought for them unless any of our recruits are recruited by P5 schools that they pay more attention to.
Huskymedic pestered them for weeks from what I understand about our page before he got results. The info on there is based on whether the regional 247 correspondent bothers to take the time to be accurate. We dont seem to have a dedicated person running our 247 page like we have with Richie Schnyderite at Rivals.

Reaction Score
The only thing I like about 247 is that they do come up with out of the blue updates on who we are involved with. 99.9% they won't ellaborate but they'll link us to a kid of the blue...

Reaction Score
Huskymedic pestered them for weeks from what I understand about our page before he got results. The info on there is based on whether the regional 247 correspondent bothers to take the time to be accurate. We dont seem to have a dedicated person running our 247 page like we have with Richie Schnyderite at Rivals.
It all comes down to money. If there isn't a dedicated subscription web site on their network with ample subscribers, why should they spend time on tracking UConn recruiting information?

Reaction Score
It doesnt load for you? Its Connor Parks announcing that he has an OV for FAU this weekend.

Quite period ends Friday.
No. All night it wouldn't. Even clicked on it hoping it opened in the app. Thanks.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here's how recruiting rankings work. Went from a no star recruit to a 3 star, #5 ranked recruit in Connecticut after committing to Iowa.

What a freaking joke. Meanwhile Kevon Jones is #16? I don't see how anyone can watch his senior tape and not have him in the top 6. He was a stud at both MLB and RB and has filled out some without losing mobility.

This reminds me. I remember looking at a couple four star cast offs from Michigan last winter. Went back and watched their senior tapes, they were at best high two stars in my unqualified opinion. Subscriber bases still skew the system.

Reaction Score
What a freaking joke. Meanwhile Kevon Jones is #16? I don't see how anyone can watch his senior tape and not have him in the top 6. He was a stud at both MLB and RB and has filled out some without losing mobility.

This reminds me. I remember looking at a couple four star cast offs from Michigan last winter. Went back and watched their senior tapes, they were at best high two stars in my unqualified opinion. Subscriber bases still skew the system.

Just a reminder. Byron Jones, two stars, no other offers, interest from Akron, BCU,

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just a reminder. Byron Jones, two stars, no other offers, interest from Akron, BCU,
Yeah bud, should I remind you the long list of kids with G5 offers on the Diaco roster that have lead us to the dregs?

Anyways its that time of year when prospects w/o ratings get that subscriber base drive extra star. Several more to come I'm sure.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Yeah bud, should I remind you the long list of kids with G5 offers on the Diaco roster that have lead us to the dregs?

Anyways its that time of year when prospects w/o ratings get that subscriber base drive extra star. Several more to come I'm sure.

as i have said many many times, its not just the recruits you get, its how you DEVELOP them, RE is tremendous at getting the most out of kids

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would be sending Wholley and Edsall to Rayam first. Let’s nail this kid. Then send Edsall off to join Crocker and Cox meet to Woodson, then Surgers and then swing Edsall down to Miami to meet up with Grate along with Richardson. Seems like Baldodano is UCF bound.

Where is JB Grimes? He should be visiting Haynes, but remains quiet. Yes I know not everyone self broadcasts, but still JB does use his twitter account - just a heck of a lot less since November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom