2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 51 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't he still be on the 2017 roster as a redshirt? I'm thinking he's a 2018 spring enrollee.
For whatever reason, maybe they are simply stashing him on campus... Maybe he's enrolled and paying his own way this semester... Then, when Spring Semester comes he'll be placed on the roster.. That's fine with me...

Reaction Score
For whatever reason, maybe they are simply stashing him on campus... Maybe he's enrolled and paying his own way this semester... Then, when Spring Semester comes he'll be placed on the roster.. That's fine with me...
I would have to think they'd at least have him as a walkon if he's enrolled in school. If he's at UConn paying his own way it would have to be because they don't have a scholarship for him until the spring, but it's not a grey shirt situation. He should be with the team even without a scholarship if he's enrolled at UConn. Weird situation

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would have to think they'd at least have him as a walkon if he's enrolled in school. If he's at UConn paying his own way it would have to be because they don't have a scholarship for him until the spring, but it's not a grey shirt situation. He should be with the team even without a scholarship if he's enrolled at UConn. Weird situation

This is weird. Can we push one of the reporters to reach out to Thomas to get the scoop? I don't understand why he isn't at least practicing as a walk on if enrolled. There must be some angle here to get him three years of remaining eligibility rather than two.

Reaction Score
Well, we are thin at linebacker with Diggs and Levenberry injured.

Reaction Score

Ofori-Nyadu plans to take a handful of visits in September and go from there. While things could change UConn and Boise State are his top two schools at the moment.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Richard Schnyderite at Rivals is reporting this morning that we are still pursuing Joshua Jefferson, the OC prospect out of DC. He mentions Jefferson camped with us over the summer. Jefferson is also being hotly pursued by VTech.

Early this week Schnyderite reported that Landon Bebee and Noel Ofori-Nyadu are also still in the mix with UConn and looking to visit this fall.

If we land all of them, then I suppose this would give us a complete OLine from this recruiting class with Maloney and Rooney at OT, Bebee and Nyadu at G and Jefferson at center. Of course, Edsall made it clear in the radio show last week that his philosophy with the Oline is to find the 5 best lineman and move them around on the line to find the best fit...so the positions here are somewhat interchangeable and impossible to predict.

Bringing in three more lineman would seem to more assuredly push Travis Jones to the defensive side of the trenches.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Do we have a list of guys that are taking either UV's or OV's tomorrow? I know the week night games can be tough but with it being the season opener and probably one of the few wins this year..

Reaction Score

Jonathon Pace is a 6-5 DL from St. Sebastian's School in Needham MA.

Profile from Inside the Huddle: Pace stands 6’5’’ and has a great frame for a defensive end / offensive tackle with a good motor allowing him to push through defenders to make plays. Pace runs well, has a good first step and has plenty of room to add weight on his frame. Pace has received an offer from Army while also receiving interest from Michigan and other FBS schools.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Jonathan Pace. Needham.

yeah we needham!

Welcome to the UCONN family, Pace family!

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
But I am surprised that he won't be practicing with the team.

where did you see he wont be practicing with the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom