2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 52 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
where did you see he wont be practicing with the team?
Well, he's still not listed on the roster and I haven't seen any reports that he has been at practice. Nothing clear on twitter either way.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Well, he's still not listed on the roster and I haven't seen any reports that he has been at practice. Nothing clear on twitter either way.

ah, interesting, one would hope that if he was enrolled and redshirting that he would be practicing. I wonder if its an academic issue.

Reaction Score

ah, interesting, one would hope that if he was enrolled and redshirting that he would be practicing. I wonder if its an academic issue.

He's not on the roster yet but neither are the 4 new walk-ons. Awaiting roster update.

Reaction Score
TOS was the first I saw where Johnathan Pace's weight was actually given. I would think it is pretty accurate given that they have a full article discussing his commitment. His is listed at 6'5" 265. That is a great frame for a 3-3-5 DE where you want the proper balance between speed and space eater to allow the LBs to move freely. Could see him playing at 280-285 and filling the DE role nicely.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
2018/2019/2020 Capital Prep in the house last night - dozen strong.(Gillespie/Robinson upper right)

Huh, I was very close to these kids last night... thought they were recruits.

Reaction Score
Flipped over OP from Junior Day thread w/ new new article citing traction from visit:
NY RB Dylan McDuffie on UConn Visit, Interest (by Richie Schnyderite/@RichieSRivals):
>>“I’m hearing a lot from UConn, mostly coaches Smith and Richardson,” McDuffie told StorrsCentral. “They just tell me how much they like me and what I can do to fit in on their team. They told me they are coming out to see me work out sometime soon during the spring.”

Last time McDuffie was up at UConn was back towards the end of February for an unofficial visit. He went with teammate Retsen Daley. “It was a real good trip, I just got a chance to see the campus, facilities, and met with most of the staff too. My favorite part was just seeing the role of the RB in the offense. I just like the winning attitude everyone has there,” said McDuffie.<<

Current offers from Albany, Buffalo, CCSU, CMU, WMU, Delaware, Fordham, Holy Cross, Liberty, Maine, Ohio, RMU and Stony Brook.

Article basically says he's still in contact w/ Coach Smith and that schools like Pitt, Temple, Memphis, Purdue and UConn want to see senior year film/ games before offering.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Current offers from Albany, Buffalo, CCSU, CMU, WMU, Delaware, Fordham, Holy Cross, Liberty, Maine, Ohio, RMU and Stony Brook. Article basically says he's still in contact w/ Coach Smith and that schools like Pitt, Temple, Memphis, Purdue and UConn want to see senior year film/ games before offering.

I'm surprised. I thought he has his mind elsewhere.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe elsewhere did not have their mind on him
Well, I perused his twitter activity one day a couple weeks ago and just didn't see much or any UConn activity. Seemed focused on his other P5 suitors and maybe Western Michigan (or some other MAC school - I forget really). Glad to hear he is still in play. We need a solid bowling ball to add to the backfield.

Reaction Score

Article basically says UConn is still an option (but admits that he is a southern kid that wants a southern football feel and atmosphere). He is impressed with UConn academics and their ability to put players into the NFL. Decision down the road...

Reaction Score
8/2 - Anyone hear anything on Dillon Harris? Someone on GameTime said he's no longer committed. He has #JUCOPRODUCT on his twitter bio and nothing about UConn, although he has retweeted some stuff and has his commitment pinned
8/2 - Well, since you called it out - I saw that comment on GameTime to my comment that he has been missing since they published the list and I also noticed the 860.570 and JUCO notation on his Twitter page (570 is the area code for Scranton PA ;)). There is something in the winds but not sure why or if official or set in concrete.

Official:
Richie Schnyderite‏ @RichieSRivals 2m2 minutes ago
As we reported a couple weeks ago, #UConn LB commit Dillon Harris is officially enrolled at Lackawanna College:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Official:
Richie Schnyderite‏ @RichieSRivals 2m2 minutes ago
As we reported a couple weeks ago, #UConn LB commit Dillon Harris is officially enrolled at Lackawanna College:
So I guess this is one way to do a gray shirt year of sorts? Except, this is effectively burning 1 year of his 5 years of eligibility.

For now, I am going to assume (hope) he's still coming in the summer of 2018.

Reaction Score
2018 UConn Offer List (Click on commit's name for highlight video)
  1. Messiah Swinson (DE/TE) – Long Island Lutheran High School, Glen Head NY (Diaco Staff Offer)
  2. Elijah McAllister (WR/DE) – Rumson-Fair Haven Regional HS, Rumson, New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer)
  3. Eyabi Anoma (DE) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore MD (Diaco Staff Offer)
  4. Kirby Bennet (RB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  5. Eriq Gilyard (LB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  6. Elijah Wade (DE) - Arbor View High School, Las Vegas Nevada
  7. Drue Jackson (WR) - Sachse High School, Sachse Texas
  8. Tyreke Johnson (DB) - Trinity Christian Academy, Jacksonville Florida
  9. Marcellus Earlington (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  10. Nikko Hall (WR/S) - Calabasas High School, Calabasas CA
  11. Tyler Friday (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  12. Lancine Turay (DE) - Irvington High School, Irvington, New Jersey
  13. Kevin Brennan (S/RB) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  14. Sidney Murray (LB/DE) - Foster High School, Richmond Texas>Cisco Junior College, Cisco Texas
  15. Dez Boykin (WR) - Whitehall High School, Whitehall PA
  16. Parker Devine (DE/OLB) - Bartram Trail High School, Jacksonville Florida
  17. Michael Barrett (QB/ATH) - Lowndes High School, Valdosta, Georgia
  18. Jacob Isaia (OL) - Bishop Gorman High School Las Vegas, Nevada
  19. Chris Mitchell (CB) - Mission Viejo High School Mission Viejo CA
  20. Evan Fields (OL/DL) - East Coweta High School, Sharpsburg, Georgia
  21. DaeJuan Sanders (RB/Safety) - Highland Regional High School, Blackwood New Jersey
  22. Steven Krajewski (QB) - Colquitt County High School, Moultrie Georgia
  23. Colby Sorsdal (OL/DL) - Mt. Lebanon High School, Pittsburgh, PA
  24. Joshua Ezeudu (OL) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville, Georgia
  25. Carter Bradley (QB) - Providence High School, Jacksonville Florida
  26. Myjai Sanders (DE) - Raines High School, Jacksonville Florida
  27. Will Choloh (DL) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville Georgia (Georgia State Commit 7/1/17>Decommit 7/30/17)
  28. Bebee Landon (OL) - Webb City High School, Webb City Missouri
  29. Damion Daley (DE/DT) - Ridge View High School, Columbia South Carolina
  30. Kylen McCracken (DL/OL) - Cleveland Heights High School, Cleveland Ohio
  31. Amelio Moran (OL) - Princess Anne High School, Virginia Beach Virginia
  32. Dequan Jackson (LB) - Robert E. Lee High School, Jacksonville Florida
  33. Kavosiey Smoke (RB/LB) - Wetumpka High School, Wetumpka, Alabama
  34. Julius Welschof (DE/TE) Miesbach, Germany
  35. Josh Jefferson (OL) - St. John's College High School Washington, DC
  36. Brayden Willis (TE) - James Martin High School, Arlington Texas
  37. Noel Ofori-Nyadu (OL) Mansfield Timberview High School, Arlington Texas
  38. Kevon Jones (LB/SS) - East Hartford High School, East Hartford CT (UConn Commit 2/25/17)
  39. Dillon Harris (LB)- Cheshire Academy via Bloomfield CT (UConn Commit 4/5/17>> Headed to Lackawanna JUCO for 2017 season)
  40. Malik Xavier Banks (DB) - Howard High School, Wilmington Delaware (UConn Commit 6/15/17)
  41. Khyon Gillespie (RB/Safety) - Capital Prep Magnet School, Hartford CT (UConn Commit 6/16/17
  42. Hunter Webb (LB) - Loyalsock Township High School, Williamsport PA (UConn Commit 6/22/17)
  43. Oneil Robinson (WR/DB) - Capital Prep Magnet School, Hartford CT (UConn Commit 6/24/17)
  44. Heron Maurisseau-ONeal (WR/DB) - St. Anthony's High School, Melville New York (UConn Commit 6/24/17)
  45. Jordan Morrison (WR/Athlete) - Steinert High School, Hamilton Twnshp/Trenton New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/25/17)
  46. Francis Bemiy Jr. (LB/RB) - Montreal Canada>Carnegie Schools Riverside, Riverside CA (UConn Commit 7/23/17)
  47. Ryan Carroll (DB) - Potomac High School, Oxon Hill Maryland (UConn Commit 7/24/17)
  48. Travis Jones (OL) - Wilbur Cross High School, New Haven CT (Rutgers Commit 6/23/17>Decommit 6/24/17>UConn Commit 7/26/17)
  49. Shamel Lazarus (DB) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn New York (UConn Commit 7/27/17)
  50. Peter Rooney (OL) - Westminster High School, Atlanta Georgia (UConn Commit 7/28/17)
  51. Elijah Jeffreys (QB/WR) - Somerville High School, Somerville MA (UConn Commit 7/31/17)
  52. Liam Maloney (OL/TE/DL) - Holy Trinity/Notre Dame Bishop Gibbons High School, Schenectady New York (UConn Commit 8/3/17)
  53. Jonathan Pace (DL) - St. Sebastian's School, Needham, MA (UConn Commit 8/30/17)
  54. Jayson Ademilola (DE/TE) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  55. Justin Ademilola (LB) – St. Peter’s Prep, Jersey City , New Jersey (ND Commit 6/26/16) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  56. Palaie Gaoteote ( LB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (USCw Commit 2/20/17)
  57. Elijah Teague (DT) - Marist High School, Chicago Illinois (Minnesota Commit 2/25/17)
  58. Jalil Irvin (OL) - Stephenson High School, Stone Mountain Georgia (Auburn Commit 3/9/17)
  59. Michael Furtney (OL) - Milan High School, Milan Michigan (Wisconsin Commit 3/14/17)
  60. Nihym Anderson (LB) - Vineland Senior High School South, Vineland New Jersey (Maryland Commit 4/13/17)
  61. Brendan Radley-Hiles (CB) - Calabasas, CA>IMG Academy Bradenton Florida (Nebraska Commit 4/14/17)
  62. Brevin Jordan (TE/OLB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (University of Miami Commit 4/16/17)
  63. Gemon Green (CB) - Desoto High School, Desoto Texas (Michigan Commit 4/20/17)
  64. Shocky Jacques-Louis (WR/ATH) - Dunbar High School , Ft Myers, Florida (Kentucky Commit 4/21/17)
  65. Jamarcus Chapman (DE) - Rome High School, Rome Georgia (LSU Commit 4/22/17)
  66. Dorian Thompson-Robinson (QB) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (UCLA Commit 4/23/17)
  67. Leddie Brown (RB) - Smyrna High School, Smyrna Delaware (WVA Commit 4/30/17)
  68. Tyler Lacy (DE) - Sachse High School, Sachse Texas (Oklahoma State Commit 4/30/17)
  69. Re-Al Mitchell (QB) - St. John Bosco High School, Bellflower, CA (Iowa State Commit 5/1/17)
  70. Christian Morgan (DB/LB) - Porter High School, Porter Texas (Baylor Commit 5/1/17)
  71. Joshua Landry (DT) - Lamar High School, Houston Texas (Baylor Commit 5/5/17)
  72. Chase Wolf (QB) - Xavier High School, Cincinnati Ohio (Wisconsin Commit 5/5/17)
  73. Evan Stewart (Safety) - St. Joe's Regional High School, Montvale New Jersey (BC Commit 5/6/17)
  74. Quintin Wilson (OL) -Walnut Hills High School, Cincinnati Ohio (Kentucky Commit 5/14/17)
  75. Jake Kradel (OL) - Butler High School, Butler PA (Pitt Commit 5/30/17)
  76. Wendell Davis (LB) - Benedictine Prep, Richmond VA (Pitt Commit 6/2/17)
  77. Bobby Haskins (TE) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT>> The Hun School Princeton New Jersey (UVA Commit 6/3/17)
  78. Ja'Mion Franklin (DT) - North Caroline High School, Ridgley Maryland (Notre Dame Commit 6/6/17)
  79. David Bailey (RB) - North Caroline High School, Ridgley Maryland (BC Commit 6/6/17)
  80. Brock Sturges (RB) - Allen High School, Allen Texas (Arizona State Commit 6/9/17)
  81. Brad Cecil (OL) - Bartram Trail High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 6/9/17)
  82. Zareon Hayes (LB/DE) - Dillon High School, Dillon South Carolina (App State Commit 6/11/17)\
  83. Julian Sams (OL/DL) - Liberty High School, Bealton VA (ODU Commit 6/12/17)
  84. Jeslord Boateng (LB/DE) - Coffman High School, Dublin, Ohio (Michigan State Commit 6/12/17)
  85. Keli'i Montibon (G/T) - Kamehameha High School, Kea'au Hawaii>>Riverside City College, Riverside CA (Oregon State Commit 6/13/17)
  86. Johnathon Huggins (Safety/WR) - Pine Ridge High School, Deltona Florida (FSU Commit 6/14/17)
  87. George Takacs (TE/WR) - Gulf Coast High School, Naples Florida (Notre Dame Commit 6/14/17)
  88. D'Marcus Adams (WR) - Mainland High School, Daytona Florida (FSU Commit 6/14/17)
  89. Gavin Schoenwald (TE/QB) - Brentwood Academy, Brentwood Tennessee (Vanderbilt Commit 6/15/17)
  90. Elijah Jones (DB/WR) - Cardinal Hayes High School, Bronx New York (BC Commit 6/16/17)
  91. Nikko Remigio (WR) - Mater Dei High School, Santa Ana, CA (Cal Commit 6/16/17)
  92. Matt Jones (DT) - Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Diaco Staff Offer)(tOSU Commit 6/17/17)
  93. Chris Bleich (OL/DL) - Wyoming Valley West High School, Plymouth PA (Penn State Decommit 4/21/17>>UCLA Commit 6/19/17)
  94. Daevon Robinson (WR/DE/Athlete) - Shawnee High School, Medford New Jersey (NC State Commit 6/20/17)
  95. Dylan Hopkins (QB) - Maryville High School, Maryville Tennessee (UAB Commit 6/21/17)
  96. Isaih Pachero (RB/DB/QB/ATH) - Vineland Senior High School South, Vineland New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 6/21/17)
  97. Evan Boozer (DT) - Loyola Blakefield High School, Towson Maryland (Temple Commit 6/23/17)
  98. Turon "TJ" Ivy (TE/WR) - Marist High School, Chicago Illinois (WVU Commit 6/23/17)
  99. Ugo Obasi (WR) - Milford Mill Academy High School, Baltimore MD (UVA Commit 6/23/17)
  100. Matt Alaimo (TE) - St. Joe's Regional High School, Montvale New Jersey (Pitt Commit 6/24/17)
  101. Jasiah Provillion (WR) - Irvington High School, Irvington New Jersey (NC State Commit 6/24/17)
  102. Jimmy Mckenna (OL) - Avon High School in Avon Ohio (Purdue Commit 6/24/17)
  103. Matt Rosso (OL/DL) - Pennsbury High School, Fairless Hills, PA (Rutgers Commit 6/24/17)
  104. Taj Harris (WR/SS) - Palmyra High School, Palmyra, New Jersey (Syracuse Commit 6/24/17)
  105. Anthony Grant (RB/Safety) - Buford High School, Buford GA (Tennessee Commit 6/25/17)
  106. Camren McDonald (TE) - Long Beach Poly High School, Long Beach California (USC Commit 6/25/17)
  107. Robert Mayo (WR/RB) - Freedom High School, South Riding Virginia (ODU Commit 6/26/17)
  108. Carson Schlecker (WR) - Allen High School, Allen Texas (Iowa State Commit 6/26/17)
  109. Aron Cruickshank (Ath/QB/WR) - Eramus Hall High School, Brooklyn NY (Wisconsin Commit 6/27/17)
  110. Jalin Cooper (WR) - Medina High School , Medina New York (Toledo Commit 6/28/17)
  111. Avery Young (DB/WR) - Coatesville High School, Coatesville PA (Rutgers Commit 6/30/17)
  112. Daniel Arias (WR/CB) - Jackson High School, Mill Creek Washington (Colorado Commit 7/3/17)
  113. Travian Blaylock (CB) - Atascocita High School, Humble Texas (Wisconsin Commit 7/6/17)
  114. Sam James Jr. (WR/CB) - Richmond Hill High School. Richmond Hill Georgia (WVA Commit 7/7/17)
  115. Mataeo Durant (RB/LB) - McCormick High School, McCormick South Carolina (Duke Commit 7/8/17)
  116. La'damian Webb (RB/DB) - Beauregard High School, Opelika Alabama (Mississippi State Commit 7/12/17)
  117. Will Levis (QB) - Xavier High School, Middletown, CT (Penn State Commit 7/15/17)
  118. Shaquon Anderson-Butts (WR/DB) - Harrisburg High School, Harrisburg PA (Penn State Commit 7/15/17)
  119. Jeremy Ruckert (WR/TE/LB) – Lindenhurst High School, Lindenhurst, NJ (Diaco Staff Offer) (Ohio State Commit 7/17/17)
  120. Jordan Mosley (LB/Safety/WR) - Havertown Township High School, Havertown PA (Maryland Commit 7/18/17)
  121. Kesean Carter (WR/KR/PR) - The Woodlands, Woodland Texas (Texas Tech Commit 7/18/17)
  122. Kyle Pitts (TE) Archbishop Woods High School, Warminster PA (Florida Commit 7/20/17)
  123. Christoph Henle (TE/DE) - The Oakridge School, Arlington Texas (Baylor Commit 7/21/17)
  124. Jalen Nailor (WR) - Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas Nevada (ASU Commit 7/22/17)
  125. Cameron Taylor (WR) - Park Crossing High School, Montgomery Alabama (Missouri Commit 7/23/17)
  126. Jahlil Ryles(OL) - Central High School, Phenix City Alabama (MTSU Commit 7/25/17)
  127. Luke Schoonmaker (TE/QB) - Hamden Hall Country Day School, Hamden CT (Michigan Commit 7/25/17)
  128. Jermaine Waller (DB) - The Avalon School, Gaithersburg Maryland (VaTech Commit 7/27/17)
  129. Lichon Terrell (DL) - Callaway High School, Hogansville Georgia (WKU Commit 7/28/17)
  130. Devon Matthews (DB) - Jean Ribault High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 7/29/17)
  131. Adonis Boone (OL) - Mainland High School, Daytona Florida (USF Commit 7/30/17)
  132. Vincent Davis Jr (DB) - Robert E Lee High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 7/30/17)
  133. Eugene Bowman (DB) - Robert E. Lee High School, Jacksonville Florida (USF Commit 7/30/17)
  134. Justin Johnson (OL) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA (Oregon Commit 7/31/17)
  135. Connor Galvin (OL) - Katy High School, Katy Texas (Baylor Commit 8/1/17)
  136. Rondell Bothroyd (TE/DE) - E.O. Smith High School, Storrs-Mansfield CT (Temple Commit 8/2/17)
  137. Jarrett Patterson (OL) - Mission Viejo High School, Mission Viejo California (ASU Commit 8/5/17)
  138. Javian Hawkins (RB) - Cocoa High School, Cocoa Florida (Louisville Commit 8/7/17)
  139. Stevie Scott III (RB/LB) - Christian Brother Academy, Syracuse, NY (Rutgers Commit 8/8/17)
  140. Ta'zhawn Henry (RB/APB) - Lamar High School, Houston Texas (TCU Commit 8/8/17)
  141. Xavier Smith (LB/RB) - Brooke Point High School, Stafford Virginia (ECU Commit 8/12/17)
  142. Manuel Allen (WR/CB) - Centennial H.S., Corona California (USC Commit>Decommit 2/24/17>Nebraska Commit 4/15/17>Decommit>Louisville Commit 8/18/17)
  143. Nick Henkel (QB) - Brunswick School in Greenwich CT (Yale Commit 8/19/17) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  144. TJ Bradley (OT) - Tuscarora High School, Leesburg, VA>>Lackawanna College, Scranton PA (Maryland Commit 8/19/17)
  145. Qadir White (OT) - Cardinal Hayes High School, Bronx NY (Syracuse Commit 8/24/17) (Diaco Staff Offer)
  146. Brian Asamoah (LB/RB) - St. Francis DeSales High School, Columbus Ohio (Oklahoma Commit 9/7/17)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
don't know if this is the case specifically this time (although it would make sense).

Coaches will "place" kids at certain JUCO's if they are committed to the team and then fail to qualify for whatever reason. In response for the coach guiding/placing a kid at a JUCO the coach will limit contact between other schools and that player and help keep the commitment to that school solidified.

I'd assume thats what happened here since we've been on a Lackawanna spurt with the new staff.

Reaction Score

Clarifies that it was an eligibility issue and that he is still committed. Some ambiguity as to whether he will be up @ Lackawanna one year or two.

From a preparation standpoint, love the move this kid made to take the JUCO route.. He gets to play against better competition now as well as develop a little more (kinda like minor leagues of FBS football move, or JV level) ..Here's hoping he can qualify after this semester and be on campus in January.. giving a 4 to play 3 option...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom