2017 Yankees thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
Amazing how much the Yankee fan overrates Frazier. Dude is batting .250 now and a couple HRs and RBI. You'd think he's Mike Trout or something.

Judge has been a total disaster the last 3-4 weeks. Huge book on him now, very easy to get out.

Very smart trade by Cashman

I don't see Frazier going back to Triple A. Not with the DH in play and Hicks getting into game shape. Ellsbury is going have to like sitting the pines.

Reaction Score
Amazing how much the Yankee fan overrates Frazier. Dude is batting .250 now and a couple HRs and RBI. You'd think he's Mike Trout or something.

Judge has been a total disaster the last 3-4 weeks. Huge book on him now, very easy to get out.

I know you're just a troll but I'll bite. He's 99 ABs into his MLB career and has shown pretty impressive power. Combine that with the on base skills he's shown in the minors and you've got a pretty good corner OF. And yes Judge is regressing to the mean after an unsustainable start but even if he's in the .240-.250 range, he's a damn valuable commodity with that power and on base ability.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

I believe part of Judge's problem is Girardi. You do not place your power hitter batting #2 in the order. I understand the injuries, but Girardi has been making some questionable moves as manager. Judge should be batting in the 4 or 5 hole. Girardi and his notebooks, sabermetrics, are a big part of the problem.

Nobody said Frazier was Mike Trout. Frazier is a 22 year old rookie who can be a very good outfielder for several years. Many of us said Severino was going to be fine when he struggled. And we were right!

Reaction Score
I believe part of Judge's problem is Girardi. You do not place your power hitter batting #2 in the order. I understand the injuries, but Girardi has been making some questionable moves as manager. Judge should be batting in the 4 or 5 hole. Girardi and his notebooks, sabermetrics, are a big part of the problem.
I'm sorry but just no. This line of thinking is so antiquated (see below). You want your best hitters getting the most amount of at-bats with runners on base. The traditionalist managers that subscribe to those antiquated ideas about placing fast guys in the top two spots, your best all-around hitter third, and your slugger fourth lead to less runs. I also really struggle to see how looking at the game mathematically and not by the unwritten rules is leading to him regressing to the mean.

Where to Bat Your Best Hitter: A Computational Analysis (Part 1) | Community – FanGraphs Baseball

Reaction Score
I know you're just a troll but I'll bite. He's 99 ABs into his MLB career and has shown pretty impressive power. Combine that with the on base skills he's shown in the minors and you've got a pretty good corner OF. And yes Judge is regressing to the mean after an unsustainable start but even if he's in the .240-.250 range, he's a damn valuable commodity with that power and on base ability.

You need to just understand who you're replying too, not a lot there normally.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Swing and a miss!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Judge is hitting .164 since the Home Run Derby. I predicted as much.

Reaction Score
Anyone who looked at his peripherals had to know this was coming. Now this stretch definitely includes some bad luck but it's all evening out.

Reaction Score
Frazier has been awful too. Another 0-5 with 2 Ks last night. He was supposedly untouchable at trade deadline.

They have a full book on Judge now. So much for the Triple Crown and MVP talk, he's an easy out.

Reaction Score
Frazier has been awful too. Another 0-5 with 2 Ks last night. He was supposedly untouchable at trade deadline.

They have a full book on Judge now. So much for the Triple Crown and MVP talk, he's an easy out.

They're kids time for adjustments. He is untouchable in a trade if you knew anything about baseball you'd see his hand speed and know how good he will be. But you're a dope as are others.

Not saying either will be a star but both are very good baseball players with solid futures. By the way both play a good outfield and Judge may have the best arm in the AL. I know dummies don't think about defense but Judge is really good out there.

Did Waq predict the "best player in baseball" would be shaving 50 points off of last years average, yeah Mookie you got it. ......did you predict as much? LOL

Reaction Score
Judge is older than Betts

Betts is much better than Judge, no way I would trade him for Judge hypothetically

Judge has become an easy out again, like in 2016

I wonder how excited people will be to go to that stupid Judge's Chamber when he's basically hitting .150 and strikes out every other AB

They're kids time for adjustments. He is untouchable in a trade if you knew anything about baseball you'd see his hand speed and know how good he will be. But you're a dope as are others.

Not saying either will be a star but both are very good baseball players with solid futures. By the way both play a good outfield and Judge may have the best arm in the AL. I know dummies don't think about defense but Judge is really good out there.

Did Waq predict the "best player in baseball" would be shaving 50 points off of last years average, yeah Mookie you got it. .did you predict as much? LOL

Reaction Score
Judge is older than Betts

Betts is much better than Judge, no way I would trade him for Judge hypothetically

Judge has become an easy out again, like in 2016

I wonder how excited people will be to go to that stupid Judge's Chamber when he's basically hitting .150 and strikes out every other AB

Yeah no rookies have ever slumped this would be a first. Listen not saying he's ever going to be that player again but we saw it so he can be that guy. Easy to be you and Waq saying "told ya so" 20 games into a slump lol

And Mookie? Nope don't know that yet either much easier out than last year.

Reaction Score
So much hype for Judge, Hicks and Frazier.

Good luck

Judge looks terrible lately, very easy out.

Frazier is a total joke for being #5 pick. Obviously the Indians didn't view him as untouchable.

Yeah no rookies have ever slumped this would be a first. Listen not saying he's ever going to be that player again but we saw it so he can be that guy. Easy to be you and Waq saying "told ya so" 20 games into a slump lol

And Mookie? Nope don't know that yet either much easier out than last year.

Reaction Score
So much hype for Judge, Hicks and Frazier.

Good luck

Judge looks terrible lately, very easy out.

Frazier is a total joke for being #5 pick. Obviously the Indians didn't view him as untouchable.

Once again someone who knows very little about the game, take you with a smallest grain of salt. Just to prove it where was the hype with Hicks? He was a 200 hitter when he was traded to the Yanks and has done nothing but improve. Now he's hurt after a great first half, probably all star type until the injury - where does he fit in with 2 rookies? Again zero brought to the table here.

Reaction Score
Judge already 0-2 2Ks. Shocker. He's the most overrated player in any sport.

Once again someone who knows very little about the game, take you with a smallest grain of salt. Just to prove it where was the hype with Hicks? He was a 200 hitter when he was traded to the Yanks and has done nothing but improve. Now he's hurt after a great first half, probably all star type until the injury - where does he fit in with 2 rookies? Again zero brought to the table here.

Reaction Score

LOL he's struggling but you don't struggle you've already reached the pinnacle of stupidity. He is still an unknown you have earned HOF honors.

Reaction Score
He's not struggling, he's not good. Once they built a full book on him he's virtually an automatic out.

LOL he's struggling but you don't struggle you've already reached the pinnacle of stupidity. He is still an unknown you have earned HOF honors.

Reaction Score
He's not struggling, he's not good. Once they built a full book on him he's virtually an automatic out.

Yeah they didn't have a "book" on him from the minor leagues right with 2000 scouts out there? Where were you predicting this in the first half then loud mouth? Joke

Reaction Score

Thanks for the update van you hit the refresh and let me know what happened with these guys their last 2 ABs? Oh never mind found it Frazier has a double and a walk with a run scored while Judge has A walk and a 3 run homer with 2 runs scored. Oh yeah and he became only the 2nd rookie to hit 35 HRs and walk at least 80 times. Al Rosen did it in the 50s.......40 games left. But he's a stiff right?

Reaction Score
Yeah they didn't have a "book" on him from the minor leagues right with 2000 scouts out there? Where were you predicting this in the first half then loud mouth? Joke
It's pretty normal for that to happen. Teams have minor league scouts out there for potential targets and acquisitions but I don't think it's too common for them to be specifically looking for weaknesses that they can exploit in the player's approach if and when they get to the majors.

Good example, Dansby Swanson was one of the top prospects in baseball, came up last year and put up good numbers (with some batted ball luck), and this year teams figured out they could just feed him a steady stream of sliders and he couldn't hit them.

Reaction Score
Judge still had 3ks in 4ABs yesterday

He's an easy out unless you miss a spot with him

Bogaerts is a below average defensive player, hits for no power and average keeps dropping as he's been terrible the last 2+ months

It's pretty normal for that to happen. Teams have minor league scouts out there for potential targets and acquisitions but I don't think it's too common for them to be specifically looking for weaknesses that they can exploit in the player's approach if and when they get to the majors.

Good example, Dansby Swanson was one of the top prospects in baseball, came up last year and put up good numbers (with some batted ball luck), and this year teams figured out they could just feed him a steady stream of sliders and he couldn't hit them.

Reaction Score
Judge still had 3ks in 4ABs yesterday

He's an easy out unless you miss a spot with him

Bogaerts is a below average defensive player, hits for no power and average keeps dropping as he's been terrible the last 2+ months

I think he'll likely make adjustments, though he'll always be a big strikeout guy. Still, even if he settles in to K-ing at a 35% clip, when you're walking 15-20% of the time and punishing mistakes like he does, you're going to be a valuable player (not to mention that he's a pretty good defender). The .426 BABIP in the first half wasn't sustainable but neither is the .237 in the second half. He's somewhere in the middle of these two halves.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
HS Principal: "Hello Mr JSM. Congratulations on your daughter winning Best Personality here at Glen Lake High School!!!"

@JSM1970 : "I never liked that kid".

Doctor: "Your mom's gonna pull through!! It's a miracle, Mr. JSM!!!!"

@JSM1970 : "Easy doc. I'm still aggravated at all those phone calls last week where she kept screeching "I've fallen and I can't get up!!!. I mean, that commercial is so damned annoying!!!"

MLB: "Congratulations Aaron Judge on winning Rookie of the Year!!! Such an accomplishment."

@JSM1970 : "But Obama!!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom