2017 Yankees thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
Did Bob Diaco take over the Yankee bullpen, Yanks need to forget about the division and worry about making the playoffs. I know the Yankees are battling injuries but the lineup did give the pen a 3-1 lead, Wade started the rally in the 8th, thatloss is 100 percent on Betances, ok we know Clippard sucks amazing he was able to get through an inning.

Joe is awful in close games this year has made stupid move after stupid move. Severino struck out 4 of his last 5 or so and was strong still Drop the pitch count crap and keep him in. You don't have Chapman shrink the game so that horrific bullpen doesn't need to see the mound. He's lost 3 or 4 games with his mismanaging.

Reaction Score
Tough to watch the prospect Fowler go down in 1st inning with blown knee before he even bats. Feel bad for him.

Kid "was" going to be really good and hopefully will still be just that. Not sure how this will affect his skills, certainly it will for quite a few months but hopefully it's not a career ender or somehow makes him less the player.

It was and is hard to watch.

Reaction Score
On Facebook it said they are very happy with the way the surgery went and expect he can get ready for spring.

Reaction Score
On Facebook it said they are very happy with the way the surgery went and expect he can get ready for spring.

My DNA does not allow me to ever root for the Yankees or a Yankee but will definitely pull for that kid.....unless playing Boston.

Reaction Score
Joe has been brutal during this stretch with many decisions but to keep putting this guy on the mound when guys are walking to the plate drooling is beyond stupid.
I especially enjoyed the first attempt to "fix" Clippard, the apparent "7th inning guy" after he coughed up a lead and Joe trots him out in the 9th inning in a low leverage situation the very next day. Could you possibly telegraph what you're doing a little more ? Even better that it had the opposite effect and he coughed up some more runs.

Not ideal that 2 weeks later, he's no less brutal - both Clip and Girardi's decision making.

Reaction Score
Sanchez should have brought Clippard to the derby.

Did anyone see in Judge's second round when he hit a one hopper into the outfield that hit one of those kids out there directly in the face?

Reaction Score
Did anyone see in Judge's second round when he hit a one hopper into the outfield that hit one of those kids out there directly in the face?

Yeah knocked his hat off lol. All those kids running around and getting into each others way and view made me think someone was getting a line drive in the face. Half of them are very lame and can't catch, scary for them to be out there.

Reaction Score
Dellin Betances really brought it last night. smh

God has he been awful. Guy throws 100MPH cheese and throws 75% breaking balls, WTF...and not over the plate either. What the hell was Murphy swinging at? Yikes

Reaction Score
Pineda thrown his last pitch in pinstripes? Sounds like he's out for the rest of the season. He hasn't been pitching great lately, but the Yankees were going to need the first half of the first half Pineda in order to contend. I wonder if this will impact whether the Yankees will be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline.

Reaction Score
Pineda thrown his last pitch in pinstripes? Sounds like he's out for the rest of the season. He hasn't been pitching great lately, but the Yankees were going to need the first half of the first half Pineda in order to contend. I wonder if this will impact whether the Yankees will be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline.

They can't get anyone out when they hand the ball over to their stud in the bullpen so they won't win anything this year but will be a team to contend with from next year on for a while to come. Not a time to "buy" as far as I'm concerned just bring up Chance Adams and let him pitch and learn. Figure it out next year in the market but don't give away the house now, they aren't healthy either let's wait a year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Watching Sat. Saw it was still going on when I got back in and 10th inning. Girardi is awful. How in the 14th do you not bunt, certainly 2 on, no out? If it works, infield has to come in and or SF gets in a run. Of course they don't score, and Chapman walks first batter. Sox haven't bunted either yet. Don't know who will win, but Girardi did not help them.

Reaction Score
Watching Sat. Saw it was still going on when I got back in and 10th inning. Girardi is awful. How in the 14th do you not bunt, certainly 2 on, no out? If it works, infield has to come in and or SF gets in a run. Of course they don't score, and Chapman walks first batter. Sox haven't bunted either yet. Don't know who will win, but Girardi did not help them.

Sox will win Yankees are awful at situational baseball and Girardi is a part of that. If the Sox dont sweep the Yankees it would be a failure.

Reaction Score
They can't get anyone out when they hand the ball over to their stud in the bullpen so they won't win anything this year but will be a team to contend with from next year on for a while to come. Not a time to "buy" as far as I'm concerned just bring up Chance Adams and let him pitch and learn. Figure it out next year in the market but don't give away the house now, they aren't healthy either let's wait a year.

Its one thing to have scrubs in your pen every team has one its another to have your studs in the pen be one of those scrubs.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sox will win Yankees are awful at situational baseball and Girardi is a part of that. If the Sox dont sweep the Yankees it would be a failure.
Yankees won. Actually used the bunt.

Reaction Score
Yankees won. Actually used the bunt.

Its about time. This team does fight they really try to get you to get your hopes up and tune into each game, maybe this team needs to keep playing in close games to finally get over the hump.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Its about time. This team does fight they really try to get you to get your hopes up and tune into each game, maybe this team needs to keep playing in close games to finally get over the hump.
Yeah. With all the injuries, it's been the bullpen that's blown enough games for them still to be in first. Chapman still looked shaky.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Its one thing to have scrubs in your pen every team has one its another to have your studs in the pen be one of those scrubs.
Yup. Those are the times when I know I could be paid millions for doing exactly the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom