2017 Yankees thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
Bye bye Bird. Looks like Bird will most likely be out for the rest of the season due to foot surgery. While they certainly would have improved their playoff chances with the return of a healthy Bird, it's also disappointing that he misses out on another year of developing into a major league player.

Reaction Score
Big trade, a lot of fans are pissed off the Yankees gave up Rutherford, but they can't keep all of these guys and the Yankees are loaded in outfield with Judge, Frazier, Hicks, Ellsbury(unfortunately), Gardner, and Fowler, still have that 19 year old kid Florial. Love the bolstering of the pen with the return of Drob, and Kahnle, and thank god Clippard is gone. Im not liking Frazier in the deal I'm guessing he plays 3rd (better defense) and move Headley to 1st. I think a lot of this has to do with Chapman not having his electric stuff, he hasn't looked right all year.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of this has to do with Chapman not having his electric stuff, he hasn't looked right all year.

I think equally as important is the battering the starting pitching has been taking. With the additional arms in the bullpen, the starters no longer have to be counted on to work late into games. If you can go five innings, you now have multiple flame throwers coming out of the bullpen to preserve any lead.

Reaction Score
Luis Severino is fun to watch. 7th inning and he just threw three 100 MPH pitches out of four to strike someone out. They were his 90th and after pitches for the night.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tanaka has pitched 8 innings tonight. 1 run, 2 hits and 14 K's. Very fine performance.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Walk off hit for Gardy in the bottom of the 9th. Yanks have won 8 out of the last 10.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Please Lord...oh sweet Lord of Lords...allow the Yankees to get Sonny Gray. He is better than most people say he is.

Reaction Score
Yankees on a roll !

Smoke and mirrors huh? I mean slumps by Judge, Holliday, Sanchez and an injured Castro and finding a way. Would love Gray to fit in the spot which the youngster Smith occupies. Can't give away the big names though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Smoke and mirrors huh? I mean slumps by Judge, Holliday, Sanchez and an injured Castro and finding a way. Would love Gray to fit in the spot which the youngster Smith occupies. Can't give away the big names though.
I tihnk Cash could get him without giving up Torres or Frazier. May need to give up Kapreilian or Adams for sure.

Without Gray I do fear a rotation with 2 rookies (Montgomery and Adams). Yanks need to bolster that 5th spot and a schlub (Smith/Green/Cessa) won't cut it. Adams is ready for a chance.

Reaction Score
I tihnk Cash could get him without giving up Torres or Frazier. May need to give up Kapreilian or Adams for sure.

Without Gray I do fear a rotation with 2 rookies (Montgomery and Adams). Yanks need to bolster that 5th spot and a schlub (Smith/Green/Cessa) won't cut it. Adams is ready for a chance.
Frazier is untradeable.

Reaction Score
Frazier is untradeable.

Never mind untradeable john, what about them staying with the idea he's going back down when Hicks comes back? They better not be that stupid, I mean the kid is a tough AB and getting more confidence.

Reaction Score
Never mind untradeable john, what about them staying with the idea he's going back down when Hicks comes back? They better not be that stupid, I mean the kid is a tough AB and getting more confidence.
I think they are going to send him down and it drives me nuts but at least we know he'll be back up in September. They don't know what to do with the $150 million pinch runner.

Reaction Score
I think they are going to send him down and it drives me nuts but at least we know he'll be back up in September. They don't know what to do with the $150 million pinch runner.

Time to come up with an injury for Mr Ellsbury I think.... not like it's unusual for a guy who sat out for "general fatigue" in the past lol

Reaction Score
Cashman strikes again gives up Mateo, and Fowler who are blocked. Kaeperlain was tough to give up but it was for a proven pitcher. Yankees are also getting 1.5 mill from the A's in international pool money.

Reaction Score
I thought Yankees would have had to give up Florial who should be ready by the time Ellsbury contract is up, all things considered its a steal you keep your top prospects in Florial, Torres, Adams, and Sheffield.

Reaction Score
Once the handcuffs were taken off Cashman has shown what he's all about. Me likey this trade a lot.

Reaction Score
I don't follow the minor leagues like some here do, but all three prospects that the Yankees are giving up are guys that I've heard of. But you have to give up something to get something and none of those prospects have done anything at the major league level, while Gray has. You never know how these trades will pan out until a few years after, but I've no complaints on this one.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very smart trade by Cashman.

I don't see Frazier going back to Triple A. Not with the DH in play and Hicks getting into game shape. Ellsbury is going have to like sitting the pines.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought Yankees would have had to give up Florial who should be ready by the time Ellsbury contract is up, all things considered its a steal you keep your top prospects in Florial, Torres, Adams, and Sheffield.
...and Bird.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom