2017 Yankees thread | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
Its ridiculously early but Tanaka is looking like crap already, he is throwing batting practice to TB.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, that outing was a kick to the nads.

As for tonight...Ronny Torreyes...wow! He can pick it.

Reaction Score
On Friday, I went to my first Trenton Thunder game and it was a great time!

Exciting to see Gleyber Torres and Miguel Andujar live. Both guys weren't impressive on the plate (0-8, 3 K combined) but watching both of them on the left side of the infield was special. Andujar's arm is electric and his fielding was confident and smooth. Torres was stronger looking than I expected and looked very comfortable at SS. He had the best play of the game where he snared a liner and then deftly snuck over to 2B to tag up a baserunner who wasn't tagging.

A personal highlight was watching Caleb Frare pitch. He was drafted out of Miles City, Montana, which is the hometown of my wife. My in-laws taught him as a kid and it's cool to see a kid from a middle-of-nowhere small town work his way up to AA. He had a quick 2 innings of relief and hit 94 on the radar.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The SP has been better than expected.

And you still have some useful arms in the pen.

Plus some exceptional prospects on the way.

Yanks future is bright, assuming Tanaka stays and/or his arm doesn't explode.

I love the position the Yankees are in for the future anything they do on the field this year is a bonus, its more fun to watch them without any expectations, of course this streak their own helps. Romine and Torreyes, have filled in great for Sanchez and Didi, Bird appears to have broken out of his slump. Starting pitching is gonna be key for this year and the future as well, potentially could have a great starting 4 and Adams as the 5th guy in the rotation (a lot better then having a journey man scrub as a 5th guy like we had in the past). The options the Yankees have called up already are a lot better then the last couple of years.

the Q

Reaction Score
I love the position the Yankees are in for the future anything they do on the field this year is a bonus, its more fun to watch them without any expectations, of course this streak their own helps. Romine and Torreyes, have filled in great for Sanchez and Didi, Bird appears to have broken out of his slump. Starting pitching is gonna be key for this year and the future as well, potentially could have a great starting 4 and Adams as the 5th guy in the rotation (a lot better then having a journey man scrub as a 5th guy like we had in the past). The options the Yankees have called up already are a lot better then the last couple of years.

And they still have Carter on the bench...just waiting to be unleashed.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Judgement Days have arrived!

Reaction Score

Its Montgomery not Adams, another solid start from him pitching 6 1/3 innings.

the Q

Reaction Score
Its Montgomery not Adams, another solid start from him pitching 6 1/3 innings.

Yeah, Mont, if he can keep that up is a huge boon for the yanks.

Especially with Kap's injuries basically keeping him out of the big leagues for now.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, Mont, if he can keep that up is a huge boon for the yanks.

Especially with Kap's injuries basically keeping him out of the big leagues for now.
They have another guy in AAA...Dietrich Enns who looks like a promising call-up if a starter goes down.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Rumors of the Yankees demise appear to be incorrect. Tanaka-san with a 3 hit shut out, in Fenway... Wow!
But it is April, and you don't win anything in April last I checked.

Reaction Score
Rumors of the Yankees demise appear to be incorrect. Tanaka-san with a 3 hit shut out, in Fenway... Wow!
But it is April, and you don't win anything in April last I checked.
Demise? Going into this season is the best I've felt about the Yankees in like a decade.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ooooooooooooooohhhhh BABY!!!!!!!!!!

#bandbox

Reaction Score
And to think, they have the best record in baseball AND the best run differential, Bird is still trying to come out of his funk, and Sanchez has not even been a factor yet. Ooof.

Reaction Score
Demise? Going into this season is the best I've felt about the Yankees in like a decade.
Indeed. Any talk of the Yankees "demise" should have gone by the wayside at the midpoint last year when they cashed in a few of their assets for top minor league talent. And then Sanchez flourish to end the season was just a prelude to the future to come.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And to think, they have the best record in baseball AND the best run differential, Bird is still trying to come out of his funk, and Sanchez has not even been a factor yet. Ooof.
Starting pitching and timely hitting is why we're 15-7.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Double Ooof!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gleyber is back and went 3-4 with a jack and 4 ribbies last night. But looks like Chase will keep him away for a while. Likin' that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Aaron Judge!!! (Actually, they are the same!)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
On pace to won 108 games!

Reaction Score
While I try to temper my enthusiasm as I know it's early in a long season, this team has been so fun to watch. The past few years, overcoming a two-run deficit seemed akin to jumping the Grand Canyon on a moped. What's really great is seeing the glimpse of the future with the young guys and knowing that there are more to come from the minors. Been a fun ride so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom