2017 Yankees thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
really nomar? no one even came here when the Yanks took the first 2 but someone had to get this going again I guess, might as well be you huh?:eek:

Actually the funny thing is you should be disappointed. First team in a while to let Tanaka out of the 3rd inning. Your bullpen was good, your hitters were stupid as all hell, can't believe how many high "strikes" they swung at quite honestly. Good game but really not much fun when the bullpens took over as both were really good.

That was supposed to be "our" hitters were swinging at high strikes Tuesday.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, pretty funny. Tanaka has a bad night, the Yankees almost come back and make Kimbrel throw 30 pitches, and then take the next two like candy from a baby.

And all this with STILL not a thing from the 1B position and not much outta 3B since April. Greg Bird is probably a week away and Torres at 3B is probably a month or two away. May see Chance pitch in Tanaka's spot this Sunday to give him the extra day of rest.
Knowing the Yanks they'll use Cessa and start Warren (3 innings). I hope when Chance comes up it isn't for damned roster moved used for day-to-day tweaks like resting a guy.

Bird was AAA last night. I see him back Monday/Tuesday. Gleyber has started hitting after a slow start in AAA.

Reaction Score
Knowing the Yanks they'll use Cessa and start Warren (3 innings). I hope when Chance comes up it isn't for damned roster moved used for day-to-day tweaks like resting a guy.

Bird was AAA last night. I see him back Monday/Tuesday. Gleyber has started hitting after a slow start in AAA.

Headley is a great guy but at .230 he's killing them in the 6/7 spots. Always comes up with people on and very rarely delivers. And his defense is suffering too. It's almost time, hope the kid can play 3rd and hit I prefer to keep Didi and Castro where they are.

Reaction Score
Headley is a great guy but at .230 he's killing them in the 6/7 spots. Always comes up with people on and very rarely delivers. And his defense is suffering too. It's almost time, hope the kid can play 3rd and hit I prefer to keep Didi and Castro where they are.

I can't see them rushing Gleyber to the Bronx as long as the team is continuing to win. You might see Torreyes get some more starts, but I doubt they bring up Gleyber until they're ready for him to play every day.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I can't see them rushing Gleyber to the Bronx as long as the team is continuing to win. You might see Torreyes get some more starts, but I doubt they bring up Gleyber until they're ready for him to play every day.
Yeah, I can't see Torres until mid-July.

As for No Mas Tanaka he is pushed off his Sunday start. Replacement TBD.

Reaction Score
Forget Roy, Judge is an MVP front runner right now. Hicks has been a huge steal for the Yankees, Ellsbury definetly better be the 4th outfielder when he returns, hope he makes a full recovery btw. Sanchez gets moved to the 6th hole and what do you knows his bat catches fire.

Reaction Score
Judge has been the biggest story in baseball and is the frontrunner for MVP. He's doing things you don't normally see and he's doing it on a daily basis. Yesterday he hit the fastest homerun ever, breaking his own record. Today he hits a 495 foot bomb. It's unreal what the guy is doing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Was at the new Stadium for the first time 2 weeks ago, the game they only got 2 hits but beat the As 3-2. Wexsat along the right field foul line. A halfway good Judge will be a big favorite in NY. A superstar Judge will be off the charts. Before the first pitch, he stopped for a few minutes on his way to right to sign autographs for kids.

In that game he showed off his tip drill skills by catching one off the end of Castro's glove on a bloop to right. Later, the season almost had a disaster on a similar ball more toward first when Judge and Carter collided full tilt (Judge somehow caught the ball.). It was like a defensive tackle hitting an offensive
tackle. Carter no little guy either. Neither got up right away. Breath holding time.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Judge is an example of what baseball would look like if our best athletes played baseball, and its terrifying. Imagine if Westbrook played CF..., Brett Farve or Aaron Rodgers pitched?

Reaction Score
He's already acclimated to AAA. I don't think they'll rush him, but if he's ready, I don't think they'll hesitate to make the move.

Reaction Score
He's already acclimated to AAA. I don't think they'll rush him, but if he's ready, I don't think they'll hesitate to make the move.

His AAA coach doesn't think he's ready yet. I still think he'll be on the major league roster by the end of the season, but they're not bringing him up to ride the bench. At this point the job is still Headley's. I don't see this changing unless the Yanks start to nosedive, or if Headley continues to butcher it in the field. Even then, they'd probably go with Torreyes until they feel confident that Gleyber can handle the job full time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Contrary to what the Bible says...

Aaron Judge is God.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gleyber Torres last 10 games:

14 for 40 (.350) 1 HR and 9 RBI

Tonight he was 3 for 4 with a double. Overall now hitting .304

Reaction Score
I guess we can end the Gleyber to the Bronx speculation until next season. His year is over. Seems like the Yankees are under a bit of a black cloud lately. You had to figure that the storybook season couldn't continue forever, but it seems like the stuff is hitting the fan all at once. I guess it could be worse. We could be Met fans.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Clippaed has requested permission to use a wiffle ball from now on Geez it's like he needs to learn all over again. Brutal, I almost feel sorry for the multimillionaire.

Reaction Score
Clippaed has requested permission to use a wiffle ball from now on Geez it's like he needs to learn all over again. Brutal, I almost feel sorry for the multimillionaire.

Joe has been brutal during this stretch with many decisions but to keep putting this guy on the mound when guys are walking to the plate drooling is beyond stupid.

Reaction Score
Joe has been brutal during this stretch with many decisions but to keep putting this guy on the mound when guys are walking to the plate drooling is beyond stupid.

He has but I was ok with Joe putting Clippard in that spot in a non pressure situation, down 4-1 or the other night up 6 runs in the 9th and he can't even do that. I really don't know what to think of the Yankees right now, it perhaps time to think of becoming sellers at the deadline. Thank god Carter is gone now it's time to get rid of Clippard and Headley. Play Torreyes at 3rd the rest of the year and drive up his trade value.

Reaction Score
He has but I was ok with Joe putting Clippard in that spot in a non pressure situation, down 4-1 or the other night up 6 runs in the 9th and he can't even do that. I really don't know what to think of the Yankees right now, it perhaps time to think of becoming sellers at the deadline. Thank god Carter is gone now it's time to get rid of Clippard and Headley. Play Torreyes at 3rd the rest of the year and drive up his trade value.

I wish they had done what the Sox did with nothing to lose. Fister and Pheralta were good "chances" to take.

I don't think bringing him in either of the last 2 games were good moves should've waited to get on the road. But now he has to go he's batting practice at this point and a mental mess. And agree on Headley... great guy but just not an impact at 3rd offensively and losing his defensive edge. Gleybers injury was a killer for the plans there and while Torreyes is a great extra he is just that. If that's your plan the rest of the year it is time to sell as I believe this team is a year away. Lots of guys who were hot are now falling prey to guessing and change if speed pitches. Like this team a lot and excited for the future. Yet we are seeing some youth right now and the inexperience that comes with it. And the staff, well it's not pretty.

Reaction Score
I wish they had done what the Sox did with nothing to lose. Fister and Pheralta were good "chances" to take.

I don't think bringing him in either of the last 2 games were good moves should've waited to get on the road. But now he has to go he's batting practice at this point and a mental mess. And agree on Headley... great guy but just not an impact at 3rd offensively and losing his defensive edge. Gleybers injury was a killer for the plans there and while Torreyes is a great extra he is just that. If that's your plan the rest of the year it is time to sell as I believe this team is a year away. Lots of guys who were hot are now falling prey to guessing and change if speed pitches. Like this team a lot and excited for the future. Yet we are seeing some youth right now and the inexperience that comes with it. And the staff, well it's not pretty.

Yeah I could so see that coming with those 2 moves the Sox made, I just knew the sox would make a move while Cash is sitting on his @$$. Obviously I want the yanks to make the playoffs but would rather improve my World Series odds down the line. Gotta be realistic about the teams chances this year which might mean trading away productive players to get value back. Pineda, CC, Gardner, and Holliday are good half year rentals for a team built to win it all this year. The only guys I would deem untouchable would be Judge, Sanchez, Chapman, Sevy and Didi.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How about today. Make a good comeback after head case Pineda does his act. Headkey doubles to lead off the 8th. One run down with #8 & 9 due, why do they not sacrifice, or at least try once, to get Hesdley to 3rd when there are all kinds of ways he can score to tie ?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Is anyone going to the July 4th Blue Jay's game?

Reaction Score
Did Bob Diaco take over the Yankee bullpen, Yanks need to forget about the division and worry about making the playoffs. I know the Yankees are battling injuries but the lineup did give the pen a 3-1 lead, Wade started the rally in the 8th, thatloss is 100 percent on Betances, ok we know Clippard sucks amazing he was able to get through an inning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom