2017 Yankees thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
Haha.

Actually Judge will be ok long term. But early comparisons to Trout, Harper, etc because of that 1st half were premature.

He is a widely popular player though and playing in NY will increase his salary immensely.

lol, not even a yankees fan. I love that in this forum I've been accused of being both a judge fanboy and a judge hater. Gotta love the BY.

Reaction Score
I think Sale pitched around to get to Judge with easy K

Judge is so awful, huge joke

Reaction Score
I think Sale pitched around to get to Judge with easy K

Judge is so awful, huge joke

Yeah that's the first guy Sale has struck out this year - nice game to come back with LOL

Keep talking the swing/timing is coming little by little. Just in the nick of time too. Offense is getting healthy but they go to a hotter Orioles team now - huge series.

Reaction Score
It will be priceless to hear the excuses from Sox fans, and we know it will be suddenly "ok or everyone else is doing it too" LOL

The truth is that probably everyone is doing it. It just so happens that they're the cheating bastages that got caught. We might as well enjoying tweaking them while we can.

Reaction Score
Just an awful turn around late last night. Joe kept CC in too long and then Betances crapped the bed. This while the Jays blow the 2-0 lead in the 9th then can't hit for 20 innings.

This one is killer and could be the one that hurts the most once we look back. Sox must have found their Apple watches in the 9th I guess, too bad.:oops:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stick Michael died of a heart attack at 79.

May the architect of the 90s dynasty rest in peace.

Reaction Score
RIP Stick great baseball guy for the Yanks.

The first SS I rotted for growing up, nice fielder but couldn't hit hi sway out of a wet paper bag, awful. Still turned out to be face of the Yankee management and scouting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
JSM hasn't posted here in over 10 days...

Judge over last 7 games:

7 hits
10 runs scored
1 double and 5 jacks
11 ribbies
walked 6 times

Yanks went 5-2

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
JSM hasn't posted here in over 10 days...

Judge over last 7 games:

7 hits
10 runs scored
1 double and 5 jacks
11 ribbies
walked 6 times

Yanks went 5-2

Also note that Castro, Holliday are back in the lineup. Ellsbury has been a positive contributor. This has helped Judge because it is now tougher to pitch around him. I think Judge has also worked diligently on his stroke and to cut down on the K's.

As to JSM - put him on ignore a while ago.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
New rookie homerun record - 50 by Judge.

Judge is the 5th Yankee in history to hit 50 in a season. The others are Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and A-Rod.

Reaction Score
New rookie homerun record - 50 by Judge.

Judge is the 5th Yankee in history to hit 50 in a season. The others are Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and A-Rod.

Who are those scrubs? Probably just a bunch other guys pitchers figured out for easy K's.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Through 5 inning today v. the BJs No Mas Tanaka has 10 strikeouts.

Man, this guy. A total box of chocolates.

Reaction Score
Most important game of the season and it's not on TV or radio here in CT??!! :mad: Supposed to be on Fox but Fox 61 is showing the Red Sux game. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
91 wins with this team, fantastic year. Hate it's only one game, it's ridiculous and I hope the Yanks win obviously but no matter a great year with a lot better stuff coming.

Santana always one of those guys who's had great stuff but seemed to find it more consistently this year, will be tough and we can only hope Severino has his A game. If they can get into a 3 of 5 with the Indians they can take some of the pain the Giants are inflicting away until the Huskies start.

Reaction Score
91 wins with this team, fantastic year. Hate it's only one game, it's ridiculous and I hope the Yanks win obviously but no matter a great year with a lot better stuff coming.

Santana always one of those guys who's had great stuff but seemed to find it more consistently this year, will be tough and we can only hope Severino has his A game. If they can get into a 3 of 5 with the Indians they can take some of the pain the Giants are inflicting away until the Huskies start.

You pretty much captured it for me too. I'd consider this season a success regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's game, but it would still hurt badly. My bet is on Bird to come up with a big hit to advance the Yanks. With Judge's September heroics, Bird's return to preseason form has gone somewhat below the radar.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
You pretty much captured it for me too. I'd consider this season a success regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's game, but it would still hurt badly. My bet is on Bird to come up with a big hit to advance the Yanks. With Judge's September heroics, Bird's return to preseason form has gone somewhat below the radar.
I was at the game when Tex fouled the ball off his leg and Bird came in. Can't quite remember how it all went, but the Yankees beat the Twins in extra innings that game.

Reaction Score
Another great start for him, 0-2 with 2Ks

Honestly, he borderline sucks. I think that first 1/2 was a huge anomaly. He was terrible in 2016. He's not young.
Realize this post is old-ish, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

He's "not young" ??? He put up an OPS of .854 in AAA in 2016 while he was 2.5 years younger than the average player in AAA. That makes him, BY DEFINITION, "young".

He's 25 years old and put up the best offensive numbers in all of baseball. Your take is shockingly stupid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom