2017 Yankees thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2017 Yankees thread

Reaction Score
91 wins with this team, fantastic year. Hate it's only one game, it's ridiculous and I hope the Yanks win obviously but no matter a great year with a lot better stuff coming.

Santana always one of those guys who's had great stuff but seemed to find it more consistently this year, will be tough and we can only hope Severino has his A game. If they can get into a 3 of 5 with the Indians they can take some of the pain the Giants are inflicting away until the Huskies start.
Don't forget, this team is quite young, was terrible in 1 run games which has proven to be a matter of almost pure luck that always regresses to the mean regardless if you were good OR bad. And they have the 2nd best run differential in baseball, which is a better indicator of overall quality / talent. I would not sleep on this team in this or any other near future post-season. Only bummer is if they get by the Twins, they face the only team in baseball with a better run differential.

Reaction Score
Can't quite remember how it all went, but the Yankees beat the Twins in extra innings that game.
Hard to tell which game it was since the Yankees have beaten the twins in 349 straight games.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
5 words...

The Bird...is the word.

Reaction Score
WOW what a classic not exactly how you would draw it up. Bats wasted no time tying it up and getting the Yankee stadium crowd into it. What a performance by the pen, and who says Judge isn't clutch.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Well the Yankees have 92 wins (just as I predicted) and are in the play-offs (not what I predicted) but the head scratcher is:
Sonny Gray? Has he been successful at the Jake? This is where I defer to the manager knowing more than I do about the personnel on his team.

Reaction Score
Well the Yankees have 92 wins (just as I predicted) and are in the play-offs (not what I predicted) but the head scratcher is:
Sonny Gray? Has he been successful at the Jake? This is where I defer to the manager knowing more than I do about the personnel on his team.

CC would have been my choice to start game 1, Gray did nothing tonight although the lineup got completely shutdown so its all epidemic, Cleveland is just too good, this is why I wanted the Yankees to get to the ALDS so that they can go through the growing pains against a great team in order to become a great team. Its not gonna be any easier tomorrow against Kluber, it is what it is.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the Yankees - Red Sox consolation series. It might get better numbers than the Cleveland - Houston ALCS

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the Yankees - Red Sox consolation series. It might get better numbers than the Cleveland - Houston ALCS

Ill definitely pull for one of those 2 if the Yankees can't pull of the upset.

Reaction Score
Ill definitely pull for one of those 2 if the Yankees can't pull of the upset.
Its been too long since this rivalry was truly on, I thought the called third strike against Judge in the 6th was bs!

Reaction Score
Its been too long since this rivalry was truly on, I thought the called third strike against Judge in the 6th was bs!

Both teams are young, its only a matter of time for the rivalry to heat up, im hoping the Sox keep Farrell ill take Girardi over Farrell any day. Yeah that 3rd strike was total BS Girardi should've gone out there and gotten himself ejected try to fire up the team a little.

Reaction Score
Both teams are young, its only a matter of time for the rivalry to heat up, im hoping the Sox keep Farrell ill take Girardi over Farrell any day. Yeah that 3rd strike was total BS Girardi should've gone out there and gotten himself ejected try to fire up the team a little.
Don't take away the Sox one silver lining in eventual playoff ouster. Farrell's mediocrity contributes to the team's lack of intensity, middle of the road strategies and the vanilla nature of the Sox-Yanks rivalry. It apparently is fine to have the modern day Art Howe during the regular season, but come playoff time Farrell is an insurmountable handicap. He didn't even have the 'onions' to control his own roster and keep an obviously injured guy from reinjuring himself.

Reaction Score
Don't take away the Sox one silver lining in eventual playoff ouster. Farrell's mediocrity contributes to the team's lack of intensity, middle of the road strategies and the vanilla nature of the Sox-Yanks rivalry. It apparently is fine to have the modern day Art Howe during the regular season, but come playoff time Farrell is an insurmountable handicap. He didn't even have the 'onions' to control his own roster and keep an obviously injured guy from reinjuring himself.

Farrell and Dombroski don't scare me at all the way Epstein and Tito did.

Reaction Score
Bit of a letdown yesterday, but it's only one game. It actually brought to mind the 1976 Yankees. That team was swept by the Big Red Machine, but it set the stage for championships the next two years. This year's team is young. This experience is invaluable. I'm hoping they don't get swept because I'd like to see Severino get another chance to pitch in the playoffs and get the Wild Card game out of his system.

Reaction Score
Yankees and Red Sox are in big trouble, the Indians and Stros are great teams. Yankees future is so bright I need shades though.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one having issues with COX and the MLB network having issues....all 1000 other channels are working fine

Reaction Score
That Girardi didn't challenge that HPB is inexcusable. You could clearly see in replays and the guy batting was surprised when he was awarded first base.

I also have no idea what Toe was doing with a lead that was halfway to third base.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Too bad for the Yankees. Girardi lost this one all by himself with his decisions.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That Girardi didn't challenge that HPB is inexcusable. You could clearly see in replays and the guy batting was surprised when he was awarded first base.

I also have no idea what Toe was doing with a lead that was halfway to third base.
Frazier wanted to kill somebody. Freaking Tow. I hope he enjoyed his "interview" when he got to the dugout.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Too bad for the Yankees. Girardi lost this one all by himself with his decisions.
By taking out CC he went from "no stress" to hot mess awful quick.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
ESPN is pushing the story line of Girardi lost the game when he didn't challenge the hit batter. They are not being kind.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
By taking out CC he went from "no stress" to hot mess awful quick.

Girardi has become "Captain Hook." And he is burning out the bullpen. There is a reason Girardi only has one ring as a manager - he over manages.

Reaction Score
ESPN is pushing the story line of Girardi lost the game when he didn't challenge the hit batter. They are not being kind.
There's a reason for that. it's true. The inning was over 8-3. His tv replay guy made a big gaffe, but sanchez said to challenge it. later he saves the challenge for what?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There's a reason for that. it's true. The inning was over 8-3. His tv replay guy made a big gaffe, but sanchez said to challenge it. later he saves the challenge for what?

This is why I say Girardi has lost the feel for the game. Sanchez said challenge it. Girardi ignores his own catcher. That does not instill confidence.

Reaction Score
I didnt see what happend at the time because I was at the Uconn game last night, I only read what people were saying on message boards. After I watched the highlights and analysis on the TBS postgame show (Dodgers-Dbacks postgame), Pedro was spot on about Girardi what an idiot, I was fuming mad after that I wanted to punch the TV. The regular season you can pull CC at 77 pitches, not in the postseason. CC was cruising, you cannot give a team like Cleveland any hope at all. You cannot keep expecting Green, and Robertson in particular to keep on pitching multiple innings and being perfect every time out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom