2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Without copy/pasting all the tweets.

1. You read about current players saying alums were scarce during previous admin. It's simple stuff that cost nothing that you can screw up.
2. Really, really, really, really liked Edsall's comment about the team's tempo at practice. Tempo is one of those areas where coaches look to see who is hustling between plays, between drills, etc. And coaches (remember that oh so precious viral video of Geno talking about body language) love to look at players away from the action for engagement.
3. Brilliant move bringing Dan O in as a student asst. 'Bout damn time UConn used rules to their advantage. Great on Dan O going back for his degree.
4. Hidden leaders within groups. Looks like WR's as a group made the commitment to get faster and in condition. None of us know who amongst them drove the group, but there is a leader in there somewhere.

Reaction Score
Without copy/pasting all the tweets.

4. Hidden leaders within groups. Looks like WR's as a group made the commitment to get faster and in condition. None of us know who amongst them drove the group, but there is a leader in there somewhere.

Lost in the WR shuffle are Skanes and Dixon.. their redshirts are officially off now.. so, I'm looking for them to bring some excitement to the position. Pick up where Thomas Jr left off....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Very interesting: I edited to guestimate on positions:

When the first-team defense took the field, familiar faces Foley Fatukasi (DT) , Cole Ormsby (DE) , Vontae Diggs (LB), Junior Joseph (LB), Jamar Summers (CB) and E.J. Levenberry (LB) were joined by Philippe Okounam (DE?), Marshe Terry (S?), Omar Fortt (CB?), Brice McAllister (S) and Tony Watkins (S?). Once again let me state that it is hard to read too much into who was out there on the first day especially with a new coaching staff in place but I tend to concern myself with such things so I am staying true to my nature.

Reaction Score
Very interesting: I edited to guestimate on positions:

When the first-team defense took the field, familiar faces Foley Fatukasi (DT) , Cole Ormsby (DE) , Vontae Diggs (LB), Junior Joseph (LB), Jamar Summers (CB) and E.J. Levenberry (LB) were joined by Philippe Okounam (DE?), Marshe Terry (S?), Omar Fortt (CB?), Brice McAllister (S) and Tony Watkins (S?). Once again let me state that it is hard to read too much into who was out there on the first day especially with a new coaching staff in place but I tend to concern myself with such things so I am staying true to my nature.

I thought Fortt was built more like a strong safety and McAllister used to play corner, maybe those two are switched?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought Fortt was built more like a strong safety and McAllister used to play corner, maybe those two are switched?
I don't disagree. That's probably right...although I could see Fortt as a very physical CB.

No matter what, I think our incoming freshman class could be disruptive to the upper classmen at QB, OL and maybe CB/S.

Reaction Score
My apologies if I missed this somewhere, but has anybody heard what media availability will be for the remainder of spring practices and training camp?

Tremendous coverage my the horde today. I hope it stays that way, there's no better way to generate excitement.

Reaction Score
Joseph has already seen what the new system is designed to produce.

“It’s much more aggressive,” he said. “We’re definitely going to have more sacks, more TFLs (tackles for loss), a lot more turnovers for us.”

Roger That! You don't really know what guys are capable of until you ask them to go out and do it, and gear practices and physical preparation to that goal. Takes time but some guys will thrive in the new system.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

What? No one notices Edsall's official twitter feed spelled Arkell's name incorrectly?

(And please for the love of God, do not miss the intentional sarcasm of me misspelling his name while calling out someone for misspelling his name)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
What? No one notices Edsall's official twitter feed spelled Arkell's name incorrectly?

(And please for the love of God, do not miss the intentional sarcasm of me misspelling his name while calling out someone for misspelling his name)

Dude you spelled it wrong too. DUH

good joke, though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom