2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Reaction Score
I really hope we get an alternate jersey with the block C. It'd be really cool if they kept it a secret and rolled them out for the opener
Unless it's a throw back uniform that logo is gone when Nike did the rebranding.

Reaction Score
Unless it's a throw back uniform that logo is gone when Nike did the rebranding.

It would definitely be a throwback. I'd prefer it over the greys

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe@ The Day: Huskies upbeat, optimistic on first day of spring football practice

>> They could detect a different feeling around the UConn football program on the first day of spring workouts Tuesday. The Huskies noticed something has clearly changed for the better with Randy Edsall in charge. "There's a new energy...," red-shirt senior Junior Joseph said following the workout inside the Shenkman Training Center. "It's just a different feeling. I can't really explain it. When you're used to something for three years and a new staff comes in, you can see the difference just by the vibe and everything like that."<<

>> Edsall already has injected some much-needed energy and enthusiasm into the program since being hired for his second head coaching stint in Storrs in late December. "It's not fake," red-shirt senior Tommy Myers said. "It's real energy and real passion. We're ready to come to this building every single day. Just excited to be here. That's really what it is and what it's all about. We've come together as a team and I feel big things coming."<<

Also: Edsall warmly welcomes back former Huskies

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I would suggest the fashionistas start their own thread to gossip about the uniforms and we keep this thread about spring practice.

I love the comment about the energy not being "fake" with Edsall. Not hard to read between those lines.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Edsall as either an apologista or not, the guy let's you know what he expects. These kids won't be confused about expectations.

Of course, knowing that you're not going to get fake field goals on 4th and 18 at your opponents 20 (see early in BC game) and bringing the punt return back into play has got to help morale as well.

Reaction Score
Shawn McGrath‏ @ShawnMMcGrath 8m 8 minutes ago
Edsall on the new defense: A 3-3-5 defense can create problems because it’s not something a lot of schools run

Shawn McGrath‏ @ShawnMMcGrath 38s 39 seconds ago
In the fifth defensive back position, he wants someone with athleticism of a safety but a linebacker mentality.

Shawn McGrath‏ @ShawnMMcGrath 10s 11 seconds ago
It allows you to keep your base defense in more situations. He can cover a slot receiver in a three-wide formation

Shawn McGrath‏ @ShawnMMcGrath 4m 4 minutes ago
Edsall on Orlovsky as a potential coach: “I think he can be a great coach"

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Edsall as either an apologista or not, the guy let's you know what he expects. These kids won't be confused about expectations.

Of course, knowing that you're not going to get fake field goals on 4th and 18 at your opponents 20 (see early in BC game) and bringing the punt return back into play has got to help morale as well.
Yeah, but what about giving up the fake fake field goal? That's gotta hurt, no?

Reaction Score
Shawn McGrath‏ @ShawnMMcGrath 4m 4 minutes ago
Edsall on Orlovsky as a potential coach: “I think he can be a great coach"

My thinking all along... Once he decides to hang up his cleats for good hope he has a home in the DogPound.... up in Storrs CT ... He doesn't belong anywhere else... and I'm certain he'd make a great QB coach for us down the road.... as a start

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom