2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Reaction Score
The comments from the players, coaches, and people covering practices makes me realize how bad it was under red pants. Almost embarrassing and feel sorry for the players that believed in him. Just so pumped for all the new coaches and energy that is happening!

Reaction Score
You guys really need new material...

Edsall Working On Looser, Higher-Scoring Team

>>A no-huddle offense is being installed. A 3-3-5 defensive scheme is being taught. In the first three of 15 spring practices, players took their first steps into a project they hope will deliver a vastly different product.<<

>>"The biggest change is definitely the pace," senior running back Arkeel Newsome said. "The no-huddle thing is definitely different. It's something to get used to, and it's already getting better. I'm loving the way the tempo is going. Everything is faster – the thinking, the running. You've got to be mentally fast. I'm loving it, the energy between us and the coaches, the way we connect."<<

>>Approaches have changed. Drastically. On and off the field. Players made available to the media have showN more personality and have come across as less guarded. They've smiled a lot.

Newsome, an elusive open-field runner, said playing within such a conservative offense "Was frustrating, and not getting points on the board was also frustrating. But I'm already feeling the difference in the energy, just energy between the players and coaches."<<

Reaction Score
The upgrade in the social media department has been the best thing to come out of AD Dave's tenure so far. It's great as fans to get this kind of commentary.
Even better are the pieces SID Phil Chardis has been writing. He is using his talents he honed at the JI and putting them back to work.

Reaction Score
Even better are the pieces SID Phil Chardis has been writing. He is using his talents he honed at the JI and putting them back to work.
I uh, understand some of those words

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You guys really need new material...

Edsall Working On Looser, Higher-Scoring Team

>>A no-huddle offense is being installed. A 3-3-5 defensive scheme is being taught. In the first three of 15 spring practices, players took their first steps into a project they hope will deliver a vastly different product.<<

>>"The biggest change is definitely the pace," senior running back Arkeel Newsome said. "The no-huddle thing is definitely different. It's something to get used to, and it's already getting better. I'm loving the way the tempo is going. Everything is faster – the thinking, the running. You've got to be mentally fast. I'm loving it, the energy between us and the coaches, the way we connect."<<

>>Approaches have changed. Drastically. On and off the field. Players made available to the media have showN more personality and have come across as less guarded. They've smiled a lot.

Newsome, an elusive open-field runner, said playing within such a conservative offense "Was frustrating, and not getting points on the board was also frustrating. But I'm already feeling the difference in the energy, just energy between the players and coaches."<<

"You've got to be mentally fast."

You never had to worry about that skill with red pants at the helm.

Reaction Score
Lost in the WR shuffle are Skanes and Dixon.. their redshirts are officially off now.. so, I'm looking for them to bring some excitement to the position. Pick up where Thomas Jr left off....
Dixon can do it all, he can play WR, QB, special teams.

Reaction Score
The comments from the players, coaches, and people covering practices makes me realize how bad it was under red pants. Almost embarrassing and feel sorry for the players that believed in him. Just so pumped for all the new coaches and energy that is happening!
Love how all the former UCONN players are coming to the practices to help out. Speaks volumes on the respect they have for HCRE and what he's trying to do. Also can help a lot in recruiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom