2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Reaction Score
Randy was preaching to the masses in ENGLISH. The former regime alienated the fan base with of of left field comments that insulted its intelligence. Just the idea that HCRE is out to find who the real football players are on his roster vs. practice posers is a breath of fresh air.

Reaction Score
Going way out on a limb here but if we lose a game I don't expect Randy will "thank our partners."
this... a thousand times this. I regret that I have only one "like" to give.

Reaction Score
Not to take away from the Maine game but I'm impressed you waited until 2016 to proclaim the "death of UConn football." Did you not see Towson or @Buffalo in 2013? ...or @USF 2014? ...or any of the three Tulane games, ect.
You are mixing your metaphors or coaches and situations here. Think we were at the shore for Towson. We do not do cable so the most we could have followed for the away games was radio. Only went to a couple of HCDisco's games until last year when I again bought season tickets (the pretty face and all the buzz words turned me off). The team had all those starters returning, the OL had greatly matured and had learned a lot, the whole team trajectory seemed upward, so the prospect was for a good competitive year. Then, right after I bought the tix at the blue-white game, I walked back into the stadium and slowly realized the 1's were playing the 2's. The anxiety level began to skyrocket right there, but I told myself that the coaches must know what they are doing. Calm down. Then the Maine game happened. You could tell after one quarter but I waited another quarter before I posted.

Reaction Score
You are mixing your metaphors or coaches and situations here. Think we were at the shore for Towson. We do not do cable so the most we could have followed for the away games was radio. Only went to a couple of HCDisco's games until last year when I again bought season tickets (the pretty face and all the buzz words turned me off). The team had all those starters returning, the OL had greatly matured and had learned a lot, the whole team trajectory seemed upward, so the prospect was for a good competitive year. Then, right after I bought the tix at the blue-white game, I walked back into the stadium and slowly realized the 1's were playing the 2's. The anxiety level began to skyrocket right there, but I told myself that the coaches must know what they are doing. Calm down. Then the Maine game happened. You could tell after one quarter but I waited another quarter before I posted.

I get it. You were trying to encapsulate the disappointment of beating Houston in late 2015 (Diaco had us on the uptick for a second) to running a decently talented team into the ground in 2016.
I was speaking to the general tire fire of a program we have been since 2011 with some stretches of incredibly unwatchable football over those years.

I usually don't put any stock into the spring game but I just want to see us look like a RE team again. That toughness alone should make us watchable again.

Reaction Score
I probably should have mentioned, we did have season tix for all three of the HCPP years the last with TJ at the helm during the second half of the season. It was the first two Disco years that we dropped them. Read him like a book and was very surprised when they went to a bowl. Just enough to trick me before they reverted to form.

I think HCRE has forgotten more about coaching 0-3 star players than Disco ever knew. That is one of the reasons I am very cautiously optimistic that they could do better than 4-8.

Reaction Score
Edsall' real strengths in his first term were 1.identifying talent early and late (guys who were going to be overlooked until the last minute and guys who didn't blow up until late in the season after others had filled slots)
2. Coaching up guys with physical ability but who were considered too raw for big programs.

Best comment I ever read about Edsall teams was they were usually the better team but seldom had the best players.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Edsall' real strengths in his first term were 1.identifying talent early and late (guys who were going to be overlooked until the last minute and guys who didn't blow up until late in the season after others had filled slots)
2. Coaching up guys with physical ability but who were considered too raw for big programs.

Best comment I ever read about Edsall teams was they were usually the better team but seldom had the best players.
Agreed on eye for talent and coaching kids up. From a playcalling perspective, there were very few headscratchers or (time) management issues. We had some issues with ST punt block, but we were often pretty dynamic on PR and KR. OTOH, I'd never use the word "creative" to describe anything HCREv1.0 oversaw.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Randy was preaching to the masses in ENGLISH. The former regime alienated the fan base with of of left field comments that insulted its intelligence. Just the idea that HCRE is out to find who the real football players are on his roster vs. practice posers is a breath of fresh air.

this right here... i was so damn tired of the double speak and anecdotes. ENGLISH MOTHER EFFER! DO YOU SPEAK IT!?!?

Reaction Score
Hope we are going back to khaki's and UConn blue on the sideline. I think that red was used so the TV cameras could find him, but nonetheless it was highly amusing. The sideline is not a golf course or a ski hill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom