2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And just like that, Mike Anthony reports that Chris Lee is no longer on the roster.
Well, time to fly the grad transfer Oline welcome flag even higher.

Reaction Score
Agreed on eye for talent and coaching kids up. From a playcalling perspective, there were very few headscratchers or (time) management issues. We had some issues with ST punt block, but we were often pretty dynamic on PR and KR. OTOH, I'd never use the word "creative" to describe anything HCREv1.0 oversaw.

Randy used the word "technique" more than any other in the practices I witnessed, and the drills that his players went through were very basic compared to what we saw in P's open practices (no idea about Diaco). He was obsessed with the fundamentals of each position. I think he prefers to find fast, athletic kids that he can put muscle on and hopefully teach them how to be technically sound.

Reaction Score
Randy used the word "technique" more than any other in the practices I witnessed, and the drills that his players went through were very basic compared to what we saw in P's open practices (no idea about Diaco). He was obsessed with the fundamentals of each position. I think he prefers to find fast, athletic kids that he can put muscle on and hopefully teach them how to be technically sound.
Agreed. Our OL has outsized almost every team we have played and see how far that has gotten us.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 59s 60 seconds ago
"It's a start, and we look forward to getting better every day." -Edsall

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 57s 58 seconds ago
Edsall on Orlovsky: “He’s actually a student assistant.”

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 58s 59 seconds ago
Edsall: "I’ve been on Dan about finishing his degree for the last 12 years."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 2m2 minutes ago
Edsall: “That’s the face of the UConn program. … He’s the guy that did it.”

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 2m 2 minutes ago
Randy Edsall said @danorlovsky7 and Yawin Smallwood are serving as student assistants at #UConn as they finish up classes to graduate

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 2m 2 minutes ago
Edsall praised Orlovsky's commitment to UConn and ability to stay in NFL so long. Spoke to team about Orlovsky's success today.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 2m 2 minutes ago
Edsall says Orlovsky told him he hadn't been on campus in 7 years. Jordan Todman expected here Thursday.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 3m 3 minutes ago
Edsall on ex-Huskies here today: "The more we can have those guys back and make them feel wanted and welcome the better we're going to be."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 42s 42 seconds ago
Edsall: "I've been impressed with what's taken place so far. They've done the things we've asked them to do. ... They've worked hard."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 53s 53 seconds ago
Edsall: “I have a little bit more patience than I did back in those early days.”

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 33s 33 seconds ago
Edsall says UConn won't have captains.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 47s 47 seconds ago
Edsall said he won't have captains. Will have a leadership council instead, taking a guy from each position

Shawn McGrath‏ @ShawnMMcGrath 1m 1 minute ago
Edsall will go to a leadership council (one player from each position group) and will select those guys at the start of fall practice

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Overall, from standpoint of working to try to accomplish the things we wanted, with tempo and those things, it was good." Edsall

"The ball was on the ground too many times as we were out there in drills." -Edsall

Edsall: “I’m not disappointed about today at all. There are a lot of little things we have to clean up"

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 28s 28 seconds ago
Edsall is looking for consistency. "I told them they can't be a one day wonder."

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 10s 11 seconds ago
Edsall says team will report to camp July 27 and practice will start July 29. Early start due to change in two-a-day policy.

Shawn McGrath‏ @ShawnMMcGrath 44s 45 seconds ago
Edsall is not a fan of two-a-days. “In this day and age, two-a-days aren’t needed. You have your kids here all summer long"

.@UConnFootball will report for fall practice on July 27 and will have Saturdays off

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 1m 1 minute ago
Randy Edsall joked that he is feeling pretty good because he still has his hair and #UConn TE Tommy Myers can't say the same

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 12s 12 seconds ago
Edsall said TE Tommy Myers has been coming to UConn camp since 4th grade. "I feel good because he lost his hair and I kept mine."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 58s 58 seconds ago
Randy Edsall said receivers have stood out during #UConn's winter conditioning program

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 1m 1 minute ago
Edsall: "One group I saw more out of than I maybe thought I was going to see (through winter conditioning) was the wide receivers."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 1m 1 minute ago
Edsall said he's still looking to upgrade the roster.

Edsall on offense “I see a group out there competing. They will have success if they do the things we ask them to do"

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 54s 54 seconds ago
"The area we've really got to work on is the offensive line," Edsall said. So at least at one thing remains the same.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 1m 1 minute ago
Edsall on OL: "We've got to get some guys there to step up."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And just like that, Mike Anthony reports that Chris Lee is no longer on the roster.

Edsall on Chris Lee: “He went home, talked with his parents and lost love for the game” Said it had nothing to do with change to O-Line

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 39s 39 seconds ago
Chris Lee told Edsall he had lost joy for football. Told him he would enroll at a school near home in Md.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 23s 23 seconds ago
Chris Lee met with #UConn coach Randy Edsall and said he lost his love for football

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 55s 55 seconds ago
Randy Edsall said he wanted to sit down wirh Chris Lee to make sure he can be successful with his life outside of football field

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom