2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He plays at the same school that Khaliel Rodgers who has UConn in his final three. Maybe this helps put UConn over the top with him as well.

Welcome to UConn Dhameer

Reaction Score
I heard Tommy Myers (TE -- Coventry High School, Coventry, CT) received a full scholarship offer this weekend. It sounded like he was definitely leaning towards accepting.

Reaction Score
Looks like Will Fuller committed to Penn State. SJScout will be disappointed.
Yep, This kid is a future star, but very happy for him and his family. I thought I could see a scenario which included Bradley, Fuller and Allen all going to UConn and all with unlimited potential. Bradley will be a huge playmaker for the program, Allen broke his arm down at a Rivals event few weeks ago and appears to be headed to JUCO.

Reaction Score
Bradley has 2 teammates that could step onto UConns radar at the WR position in Shorts and Creamer. Shorts is a very polished wr with unbelievable hands. Creamer has tremendous size. Unfortunate news with Allen's injury preventing him from camping and will graduate well short NCAA core credits so will be going JUCO in 2012,13. Was hearing Dean, Lackawanna or ASA. Also, just a heads up on these kids in this situation. Rule changes over the last few years have shifted balance of power back to JUCOs as oppose to Prep schools (NCAA has taken a much tougher stance with the preps and what goes on there) so expect to see many more Cam Newtons in the future.

pj

Reaction Score
Too bad about Julian Allen. Hope he recovers and can join us in a few years. Wouldn't mind picking up the ECA receivers.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Whats up guys. I wont be beck to normal updates for a bit longer.

Cory jazzdid get offical commitable offer
We also offered holines from springfield, really like him btw.
I saw on the rivals homepage cooper stuff. Did we offer officially?
A couple months ago i saw he had a verbal and posted it here but hadnt heard anything since.
I saw were in smiths top 3 which is good. I dont see oregon offering considering there class.
I saw a tweet saying ogun moved his date back again?!?! Sheesh lol. Anyway were def in the mix. There are like 10 nyc kids were in on. Hope we land a handful of them.
Looks like we did alot of work in fl recently also. Hope we get some good news soon from the swamp.
The boyle stuff keeps getting more interesting. Have u guys read the latest fromgator country on whats going on? Fl is using boyle as a saftey if they miss on aw and a cali kid. Gotta hope they land aw now and we keep boyle home but its gona be a tough get.

http://247sports.com/Article/Charles-Davis-Set-To-Commit-To-Syracuse-77062

Dan, you see Cuse picked up a RB commit? Wonder if that changes things for Laray or Augustus

pj

Reaction Score
Speaking of Syracuse recruiting, looks like they're about to pick up somebody from Eastern Christian Academy. https://twitter.com/4_Fighton_0/status/213272422596624384, https://twitter.com/4_Fighton_0/status/213272233618063360. Maybe DT Isaiah Johnson? http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Isaiah-Johnson-132838.

I agree, Cuse looks like they're having a good recruiting year w potential to be very good. I agree it's probably the ACC plus a dropoff at Rutgers, BC, and Maryland. Lots of room for UConn to become a premier northeast destination with performance on the field and resolution of the conference situation.

Reaction Score
The key for Syracuse is going to be retaining those commits if they have the season that they're expected to have.

The had a lot of guys flip to other schools last year after the season. Luckily UConn has never had much of a problem with that, but anything can happen.

Reaction Score
Brendan O'Neil to Wake Forest.

The staff should turn up the heat on Stapleton now if Isaacs isn't a possibility. It looks like we'll be razor thin at the TE position after this year.

Reaction Score
Brendan O'Neil to Wake Forest.

The staff should turn up the heat on Stapleton now if Isaacs isn't a possibility. It looks like we'll be razor thin at the TE position after this year.

The TE position again this year becomes one of critical need. We'll lose 2 this year and only have 3 or 4 TE's on the roster. I don't know why the TE position is becoming so hard to get solid recruits in. We need a big time TE in the worst way for this class. Hope they find a stud late in the process. O'Neil is a HUGE loss, bummer.

Reaction Score
Wake has one of the nicer small campuses you will ever see. Great weather, great academics. Tough loss for us.

Reaction Score
PSU might be looking for another TE in 13 class

Adam Breneman, a Penn State commitment who is considered the top high school tight end in the Class of 2013, has a torn ACL in his right knee and will undergo surgery, his father confirmed Friday.​

pj

Reaction Score
We also offered Jalen Stevens, South Carolina DE, North Carolina is the favorite, he's at their camp this weekend.

Reaction Score
4 star RB Clement from NJ committed to Pitt, had a Uconn offer and a ton of B-10 offers as well as ND, big get for the panthers, Rutgers loses another top state guy.

Reaction Score
4 star RB Clement from NJ committed to Pitt, had a Uconn offer and a ton of B-10 offers as well as ND, big get for the panthers, Rutgers loses another top state guy.
Wow, You guys are good. Here I am in the state, friends with the family and didn't know he committed. I know he's on campus today, but was hearing some rumblings about the big 10 for sure. I believe Zaire will go big 10 out of NJ. Great news about Corey ( huge McCoy fan, may have had something to do with it).

Reaction Score
Wow, You guys are good. Here I am in the state, friends with the family and didn't know he committed. I know he's on campus today, but was hearing some rumblings about the big 10 for sure. I believe Zaire will go big 10 out of NJ. Great news about Corey ( huge McCoy fan, may have had something to do with it).

Correct. He mentioned that he wanted to follow in McCoys footsteps and then make a name for himself.

Reaction Score
Update on Tommy Myers. It sounds like Steve Addazio at Temple is pushing pretty hard for him, just offered him and I think Myers really likes Addazio (hard to fault him on that one). Sounds like Rutgers is gonna offer, too. Coach Pasqualoni really wants to keep him home, though. Kid really could be a great get at TE. 37" vertical jump, 4.8 40 speed... I've heard they think he could be an all-BE TE at some point. Maybe NFL-bound, who knows.

He probably won't stay off the radar for very long, but it sounds like he wants to stay local. I think he's still a UConn lean but let's hope for the best!

Reaction Score
John at rivals states the TE from Coventry committed. His name escapes me and I don't want to butcher it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom