2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he wants some time to think about it. Xavier (to my knowledge) has a week or two left of classes, so I am pretty sure he will be able to devote more time to the matter after school is out. I think we get so caught up in these guys committing ASAP because we are fans, but I admire the kids that show the maturity to review all of their options before committing. We see too many recruits have change of heart situations, and it would be great if Tim sees the great opportunity for an excellent education and accomplishment of many other goals.

In the meantime, I'm rooting big-time for him through the process and I'll keep my fingers crossed for his choice to be UConn.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping this upcoming weekend on the trail for us as it was for RU... June is gonna be HUGE for us recruiting wise...

Reaction Score
Here's hoping this upcoming weekend on the trail for us as it was for RU... June is gonna be HUGE for us recruiting wise...

dumb q - what was so huge about RU's recruiting? They signed 3 RBs and a WR and 3 of the players are unranked. Believe me, I think RU (and UL) are makign great strides on the recruiting trail and are ahead of us, but I am not envious of their recent haul, yet.

Reaction Score
Cuse got a 2nd qb. Boyle isn't going there....bc has 1. Does Pitt? Nd has 1 also. Could be uconn vs Florida for Boyle. Fingers crossed.

Not holding out any hope for Boyle, SEC bound IMO, but you never know.

Reaction Score
I've read a lot of different things about Rogers, some have him going to UCLA, others to Ole Miss, don't know how to gauge his recruitment.

Rutgers recruiting is not so special this year, they lost a lot with the staff turnover in terms of relationships, it will not be a banner year for them, many of NJ's home grown talent will leave the state.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dez just wrote this article regarding Graham Stewart and Sean Marinan Jr. being possible recruiters for Boyle since they are all Xavier alum. He seems pretty optimistic about the chances of landing Boyle because of these two.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/from-florida-to-uconn-graham-stewart-transfer-official/

Would be nice. I think the kid is smart and probably is saying the right things to the local media. No one really knows where this kid stands, if he ends up at Uconn, I'll be his biggest fan.

Reaction Score
Jahmere Irvin Sills to Auburn.

Tough loss, another ECA kid off the board. Auburn is going all in for Khaliel Rodgers.

Reaction Score
UConn has offered Dionte Taylor Wr from Univerity school in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He's 6'0 165 lbs 3 star and 93rd wr in the nation according to rivals(247 has him as 7th best wr). Has offers from Nebraska, Kentucky, UCF, Cuse, and Cincy among others. He's looking for a good academic school.

Reaction Score
Buchannon just committed to Ole Miss, meaning that Florida will probably make a big push for Boyle now.

Reaction Score
NY RB Laray Smith has Uconn in his top three with Tenn and Syracuse, but he also indicated that if Oregon offers, they would be his leader

pj

Reaction Score
NY RB Laray Smith has Uconn in his top three with Tenn and Syracuse, but he also indicated that if Oregon offers, they would be his leader

I don't get it. Oregon is a glamorous team with a great offense, but their class this year is headlined by two elite running backs - Thomas Tyner who's the Rivals #2 RB and #16 overall and Dontre Wilson who's the #2 APB and #153 overall. Come to UConn and be a star Laray! Bring Gus and Ebenezer with you, please.

pj

Reaction Score
Looks like Will Fuller committed to Penn State. SJScout will be disappointed.

Reaction Score
Dan, you're right about Boyle, he's their plan B right now. I'm really surprised they have not landed a top rated qb in some time. It seams like Rutgers has lost their PA pipeline with Haftley and Cignetti no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom