2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Woo hoo, new commit, you should start a new thread so we can discuss in detail

pj

Reaction Score
What about Tevin Montgomery / DT? They wanted another DT last year so I'm sure they want several this year.

Very curious who they're targeting for the defense / secondary. Seems like they're waiting for the offensive positions to shake out before top athletes become available for defense. We could use a few cornerbacks.

Reaction Score
wonder why we haven't offered Fatukasi yet.. that shoulda been a no brainer...

Reaction Score
wonder why we haven't offered Fatukasi yet.. that shoulda been a no brainer...

That tells me a few things. It's either:

- They need to see his transcripts and work out the academic side of things.
or
- They want to see if he's improved at all this fall.
or
- They are still very much in the mix for a couple of DT's higher on the board.

pj

Reaction Score
That tells me a few things. It's either:

- They need to see his transcripts and work out the academic side of things.
or
- They want to see if he's improved at all this fall.
or
- They are still very much in the mix for a couple of DT's higher on the board.

We know the first is the case -- seeing the transcripts has to happen before any offer. I hope the third is the case. The second - they've said they want to finish June camps and evaluation before sending out offers. I think we'll see some offers go out as early as next week. I think they would trust their own camp experience more than his high school season.

Reaction Score
PJ Walker QB/Ath from NJ and Jihad Pritlow Ath from New Jersey both committed to Temple today.

Reaction Score
Good pick up for Temple on Jihad. His cousins have been pretty big players in the big east for the past 2 yrs.

pj

Reaction Score
What's Belfort's other new offer? Did Syracuse offer?

Reaction Score
McDonaldis a 50/50 tossup at this point. UNC or UVA I'd be shock, excited, but shocked if picked BC. If Montgomery chooses soon it will be BC. He was on campus again this week.

Reaction Score
Word is McDonald just verballed to UVA.

Montgomery will be trimming his list to 4, with Rutgers supposidly making the cut. No word if Uconn made the list.

Reaction Score
hunter taute is at camp. he loves our pf.

also 2014 kid from the hartford area parris reese was up there. he is a big boy, prob will land bcs offers in time.

what is "pf"?

Reaction Score
Rivals recently put up their article about the Rutgers 7 0n 7 last weekend. http://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1379443

It sounds like Bradley played well: The biggest weapons on this day for Sills were wide receivers Dhameer Bradley and Freddy Canteen. Bradley, who recently committed to Connecticut, is an explosive slot receiver who has great hands, an impressive burst and quick feet.

Also, it seems like Conner Buck of New Canaan played pretty well. He's a sophomore.

Another big physical player who made a great early impression was linebacker Conner Buck of New Canaan, Conn. Buck manhandled a number of receivers during the preliminary rounds, and physically he looks as though he should be packing to head to college right now. Stamina seemed to be an issue, but overall he definitely has some impressive tools to work with.

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers has already offered at least three 2014 Eastern Christian Academy kids: DB Vashon Tucker, WR Freddy Canteen, and OL Jamie Herr. Hawaii has offered all three as well.

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers got 3 commits today. One of them, DT Josh Klecko, had a UConn offer.

Reaction Score
Rutgers got 3 commits today. One of them, DT Josh Klecko, had a UConn offer.

Former Jet Joe Klecko's son... passed up Dad's alma mater (Temple) as well.

Reaction Score
Rutgers still hasn't gotten a top 10 NJ player, but even so they are doing pretty well considering Schiano's departure and hiring a coach on the cheap.

I know it's only one recruit, but if Ogundeko had not decommitted, I wonder if things would be different? When kids check out who else has committed, scrolling way down to the bottom to find UConn has to have an effect.

Reaction Score
Rutgers still hasn't gotten a top 10 NJ player, but even so they are doing pretty well considering Schiano's departure and hiring a coach on the cheap.

I know it's only one recruit, but if Ogundeko had not decommitted, I wonder if things would be different? When kids check out who else has committed, scrolling way down to the bottom to find UConn has to have an effect.

Are you serious?

UConn landed practically half of their class last year in a two week period, and those guys were all lesser rated than the recruits this year.

Reaction Score
UConn received a visit from Myles Willis recently (3* athlete, sounds like we're looking at him for offense). He's been a UCF committ since March, and he's also visiting BC and UVA on his road trip. Seems like he really enjoyed his visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom