2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
We could use a big back who can catch ... would be a great change of pace from McCombs. ... Presumably the staff wants to build up the passing game and a running back who's also a great receiver would be a great get.

Reaction Score
If the staff saw Coggins as a slot guy, then not offering is understandable since Bradley appears to be up there with some of the best in the country and we have limited numbers.

Still, I wanted Coggins badly. It seems like he wanted a UConn offer, so maybe the staff will push later.

Reaction Score
If the staff saw Coggins as a slot guy, then not offering is understandable since Bradley appears to be up there with some of the best in the country and we have limited numbers.

Still, I wanted Coggins badly. It seems like he wanted a UConn offer, so maybe the staff will push later.

I read he ran a 4.75 probably due to an ankle injury he suffured last year that hassn't fully healed yet, maybe the staff was worried about the ankle? Best of luck to him at BC.

Reaction Score
Damon is the type of athletic QB that could provide a nice spark. Reminds me of Thomas from Oregon. RB is the wrong move and I believe would put UConn out of the mix completely.
I agree bro... If we recruit a RB we should recruit a RB .. NOT a kid we have to change from his natural position.. besides a RB is a RB... It's like baseball.. a pitcher is a pitcher.. very rare cases do you see them change positions ( a la Rick Ankiel )... To me it's showing either we're happy with what we currently have and we're focusing on kids in the '14 class and beyond... or '13 kids that are true RBs being recruited by us that have ability ( and have been showcased thru the media outlets ) just don't find UCONN an attractive option....

Reaction Score
I believe UConn has provided some very successful RBs to the next level in the past few years and I've become a big fan of the program because of its commitment to recruit top tier talent in Jersey, but the program needs to recruit a playmaker at the QB position. I agree with the philosophy of seeking out cerebral QBs to lead an offense but we often talk about what has taken obscure programs to the next level of recruiting and I believe it starts at the QB position. Skill position kids at home get excited over a team that can drop 50 on any given Saturday. Mitchell is an explosive athlete and would be a nice p/u for the Huskies. . . just not at RB! If something is goin on I dont know about that would lead to getting Zaire Williams then that would be a true RB worth getting!

Reaction Score
Mitchell has really worked to explode onto the recruiting scene from an obscure HS. What he displayed recently at Rutgers passing camp should put any position change ideas to rest. I do believe a spread offense would be ideal for him at the next level, but i cant fault UConn for wanting to just get him in the fold at any position.

Reaction Score
At some point, Pasqualoni has to get some recruits. Right now, UConn is 64th out of the 66 BCS conferences. Not to mention Arkansas State and Toledo have a higher ranked class.

It appears that Pasqualoni's charisma hasn't has carried over to the recruiting trail. Don't give me grief about it's early, commits only are verballed nonsense.

If UConn had two 4* 'and ten 3* commits we'd be high fiving each other. It's especially disconcerting that one would think that momentum would come from the camps. Instead we get a 21 year old Dane. Or Belgian.

Reaction Score
At some point, Pasqualoni has to get some recruits. Right now, UConn is 64th out of the 66 BCS conferences. Not to mention Arkansas State and Toledo have a higher ranked class.

It appears that Pasqualoni's charisma hasn't has carried over to the recruiting trail. Don't give me grief about it's early, commits only are verballed nonsense.

If UConn had two 4* 'and ten 3* commits we'd be high fiving each other. It's especially disconcerting that one would think that momentum would come from the camps. Instead we get a 21 year old Dane. Or Belgian.

I have to agree. Other teams in the Big East are getting commits, so we can't blame our conference uncertainty either.

Reaction Score
Ark state has one thing UConn doesn't and that's a coach who has won a national championship. You also have to remember some commits don't qualify so would you want 15 commits right now and come February find out they couldn't qualify? The coaches know what they are doing.

Reaction Score
Well looks like we just got a DB out of Maryland. Thomas Lucas is his name.

Reaction Score

I tend to agree with you. We've even gotten beaten out for some Temple recruits. The sources I've heard maintain that Addazio is a super pleasant and affable guy who really wins kids over, and the only reason he isn't killing us right now is because a lot of kids think he'll jump ship as soon as he gets a better off. Whereas Pasqualoni/Deleone, while knowledgeable, are not nearly engaging/personable, which is costing us some.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you. We've even gotten beaten out for some Temple recruits. The sources I've heard maintain that Addazio is a super pleasant and affable guy who really wins kids over, and the only reason he isn't killing us right now is because a lot of kids think he'll jump ship as soon as he gets a better off. Whereas Pasqualoni/Deleone, while knowledgeable, are not nearly engaging/personable, which is costing us some.

Hopefully Addazio's better offer eventually comes from us. Spin it all you want but we are getting killed on the trail this year. BC is coming in here and cleaning house. How many other BCS programs not named Temple have we beaten out for a kid?

Reaction Score
Hopefully Addazio's better offer eventually comes from us. Spin it all you want but we are getting killed on the trail this year. BC is coming in here and cleaning house. How many other BCS programs not named Temple have we beaten out for a kid?

I don't disagree, but it's hard to justify firing Pasqualoni after a year. Gotta at least give him 2, minimum.

Reaction Score
The end of next year, 2013, will be his review year. I don't think you fire w/o cause before year 3. Knock on wood we're seeing billboards sprouting up touting Whitmer for the Heisman and arguing over contract extensions by then.

Reaction Score
The end of next year, 2013, will be his review year. I don't think you fire w/o cause before year 3. Knock on wood we're seeing billboards sprouting up touting Whitmer for the Heisman and arguing over contract extensions by then.

No . There is no way in hell that UConn is going to fire their football coach after two years.

Reaction Score

How in the world do you go from he's not recruiting well enough eighteen months into his tenure to firing him? I want to see results. Which, far more than recruiting victories, means winning games.

Reaction Score
We're going to have a big season this year. If we have a competent passing game, a trip to the BCS is not out of the question. The defense has depth and is going to be downright nasty. He is not winning "recruiting battles" yet, but P is recruiting just the way he said he would.

Reaction Score
Jeez, people complaining about next year's recruiting class in July? This after the consensus was that P did an excellent job with the 2012 class. The season cannot start fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom