2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Griffin has had an offer from us for a while... wonder what the hold up is on his end?

Reaction Score
Griffin is a baller... we need this kind of playmaker on D

we need that and a 56th page on 2013 recruiting - I'm so lost trying to keep up w/this thread! Maybe the mods could post a new rule, any discussion above 10 pages is not a discussion, and needs to be split/killed/whatever.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
gioff this is a rolling updates thread. thats all. its better than 20 threads a day on 20 guys with 1 post each.

news: McGill has a top 5 of jmu, ecu, cincy, md, odu. were out of it.

on another note, its been extremely interesting watching umass, char and odu recruiting wise. the northeast for years lacked fbs non bcs teams. now with several new ones, kids aren't leaving the area and are instead staying home. add in temple being back, the ucf upgrade and the rumors around a ecu upgrade and now east coast is a huge mess.

pj

Reaction Score
Coach P didn't let players play 2 sports at Syracuse, not sure how he feels about it now. Tough to miss spring practice. But I agree, if he allows it our chances to land DeLuzio go up dramatically. We'd be the only school at which he could do both ... SMU has offered football but has no baseball, the baseball schools haven't offered him for football.

pj

Reaction Score
on another note, its been extremely interesting watching umass, char and odu recruiting wise. the northeast for years lacked fbs non bcs teams. now with several new ones, kids aren't leaving the area and are instead staying home. add in temple being back, the ucf upgrade and the rumors around a ecu upgrade and now east coast is a huge mess.

That's why I said in another thread that the NBE national footprint might be a real advantage for UConn. Northeast/east coast is getting picked over. We need to recruit nationally. Games televised nationally on NBC and played in Florida/TX will help.

Reaction Score
That's why I said in another thread that the NBE national footprint might be a real advantage for UConn. Northeast/east coast is getting picked over. We need to recruit nationally. Games televised nationally on NBC and played in Florida/TX will help.

Recruiting is largely a regional phenomena regardless of conference affiliation. everyone in our recruiting area will get a couple of kids outside the ne recruiting base (TX ,FL,GA) but the bulk will come from New England and the Mid-Atlantic states.

pj

Reaction Score
Recruiting is largely a regional phenomena regardless of conference affiliation. everyone in our recruiting area will get a couple of kids outside the ne recruiting base (TX ,FL,GA) but the bulk will come from New England and the Mid-Atlantic states.

I think for us 4* recruits will be local but there are plenty of underrecruited 3*s we can pull in nationally, especially at 1-player positions like QB (Lagow).

Reaction Score
PP is ok with it now. Kash ran track last year. depending on what UCF has open fball wise i could see them possibly offering both which would be tough to beat. i think we may have a shot here...

Baseball and track are two different animals. You can run track and still participate in Spring Football. Pretty tough to play baseball and still participate in Spring Football.

Reaction Score
that is a good point, but i would have to see it to believe it if a stud qb wanted to pitch also and we said no for example.

Even tougher for a stud qb to play both. So much gets put in in the Spring. Real tough for a qb to miss all the reps that come with spring football and be able to compete for the job in the fall.

Reaction Score
frustrating...but on a positive note... Congrats to Wholley to the beginning of the rest of his life with his rib (aka bride to be).

Reaction Score
kyle schafenacker, there is a article out on him. anyone get the scoop? he has a top 3 of uconn, cincy and south cary. smu is out of it(they had 2 ogs commit i think already). sounds like his dream is fsu but he didn't get a offer at camp and they have 4 ol commits with 1 of them being a og.

we have 1 ol commit, he seems to be a ot.
cincy has 2 ol commits and 1 is a og
sc has 4 ol commits among 19 overall. almost a full class for them already. 3 of them were ot's is hs but it seems 1 of them will move.

seems like were in it but i havn't really seen anything positive about uconn with him...

Not too optomistic with this kid bro. I think if FSU doesn't offer SC (east coast) could be his choice...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not too optomistic with this kid bro. I think if FSU doesn't offer SC (east coast) could be his choice...

yea, i hear u. its just interesting that i havn't heard much of anything yet we make the final choice. shows more progress all around the country but eventually we have to start winning more. hopefully in time...

opara to md...

Reaction Score
Are we still looking at Joyner since we have commitments from Meyers &Thompson?
opara to pick between wvu and md2night.

were looking at joyner the same way as we did with thompson. te/de

miller looks down to ruty/te

anyone got any news on montgomery?

wholley getting married today!
opara to pick between wvu and md 2night.

were looking at joyner the same way as we did with thompson. te/de

miller looks down to ruty/tenn

anyone got any news on montgomery?

wholley getting married today!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Are we still looking at Joyner since we have commitments from Meyers &Thompson?

yea were def involved with joyner. i hate to say this but i think he prepped in ct somewhat under our staffs influence. just my opinion as i see it. he is a big kid with good ability. i see him on the ol/dl in the future and not te but i think he will get his shot at te somewhere before moving. i think he may be our 3rd te in this class. but as we know, him and thompson are de recruits also. others to watch out for include stapleton and callinan. bc will need to grab 1 of them soon and i think cuse is still in the hunt for a te, maybe temple also.

pj

Reaction Score
Dez Wortham has a new highlight video. He doesn't go down easily:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
his twitter is @dez_wortham

he gets alot of talk with several good fan bases after him. join in the fun the kid is very nice and he is buddys with lagow.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
holiness just verbaled to umass. we offered post camp but i suspect a grades/clear issue(partial q). maine also offered. good looking prospect btw, nice get for umass.

going back to this there seem to be new reports about holiness. i thought we offered after camp. i guess we didn't but now have?!?! im not really sure whats going on. he committed to umass but the press never bit on it which was interesting accept for local papers. now we have officially offered i guess. im lost basically. the only way kids pick a mac school over a bcs school is grades/test issues that mess with qualifying. so i guess we should watch out now for some news...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
new name to watch - anthony antwine. 2013 wr from plano, he had a big day with lagow at the 7v7 this past weekend and now is on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom