2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Daikiel Shorts and Daryl Worley to West Virginia.

Reaction Score
1. We will have 16 or 17 open roster spots (depending on Hansson) after this season before departing RS Jrs. and attrition. Not counting Hannson (and I always assume, rightly or wrongly, that kids who walked on originally will not have schollies if we don't have extras) I have a roster of 82 scholarship players from the UConn preseason roster, and we hvae 14 scholarship seniors and 9 RS Jrs.

2. We need at least one TB, one more OL, more DBs and at least one or two LBs. Beyond just trying to improve talent wherever you can do so.

Thank you for the detailed post

pj

Reaction Score
20-player class sounds right. A few players won't be back for a 5th year. If a few can be January enrolls that opens more space.

I think if we can get Smith and another of our top targets it might make sense to have a 2 rb class. Smith can get on the field in a variety of roles due to his speed, and his natural position remains to be determined.

Reaction Score
I said we need "at least one" TB. Even though none on the roster are seniors now, we do have a RS Jr. who may or may not be back and with neither Lee nor Foxx a TB, any more, we only have four TBs on the roster. So I wouldn't have a problem with having two come in this year, especially if neither Delorenzo nor Williams establishes themselves as a viable option. Hopefully, they both will but who knows.

Reaction Score
thanks, completely forgot about this. thomas is a janurary enroll so he can count towards last years class. this becomes even more interesting if neally and sylva can pull it off. sylva has a credit issue so i'm not sure how quick it can be fixed considering his issue was from a hs transfer years ago. neally was just bad text scores. take the sat or act this fall and pass it and i think he can be a jan kid. this changes it a bit again. makes the juco kids that much more important for for this class. possibly burlingame also then maybe?

we could load up this class by rs jrs grad school issues and jan enrolls, will be interesting to see what PP does and how many kids he thinks he needs to sniff out still after last year.

Sylva's situation is beyond strange. How in the hell does one put in 4/5 yrs of High School, including one at a superior New England Prep School, and be short credits. It's like he's been dropped into an academic maze and keeps making the wrong turn. Believe me. Tabor is not Milford.

pj

Reaction Score
I hope we add another OT or two and a OG.

We've got enough tackles, assuming Andreas Knappe will move there in the spring. A guard or guard/center would be terrific.

I want Jordan Fuchs, a top running back, one or two OL, another DT and a quality DE, one LB, and one or two more DBs. 7-9 players added to our current 12. Should give us good coverage of the field.

Reaction Score
wow Rumrunner, thats some fine digging around... thanks for that info... IMO, we still need to pick up a TB, 2 DE's or just 1 if Thompson gets moved to DE then we would need another TE, 2 LB's and another combo WR/DB type player...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We've got enough tackles, assuming Andreas Knappe will move there in the spring. A guard or guard/center would be terrific.

I want Jordan Fuchs, a top running back, one or two OL, another DT and a quality DE, one LB, and one or two more DBs. 7-9 players added to our current 12. Should give us good coverage of the field.
Due to rate of injury and development, you can never have enough OTs or DTs. I agree a RB would also be good.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i tweeted curtis yesterday. everyone join in. he would be a big time get for us. lets show him our fan base a bit. seems like others are sleeping on him. with don doing good the past 2 weeks in fl maybe we could be on to something. i think hadley enjoyed our fan base saying high not to long before he gave us a verbal. hit shawn curtis up! he has some great offers but is within our reach!
@shawncurtis72

the more i look at the charts i have tried to make as far as recruiting, the more i think were recruiting montgomery as a ot and not a dt. random thoughts....he has the size for it. 6'5 like 300. will be interesting to find out...

also i found
@AOfficer77

alexander officers twitter. hit him up also. he has like every local offer so i wonder if he values staying close but not to close(cuse/buff)

so based on my thoughts on tevin montgomery i now look at his top 5.

bc- has 1 dt commit and 1 dline commit that i think will switch to oline come college. they also have 17 commits already and its rumored that they won't have a class bigger than 20.

vandy- has 16 commits already. they have no dt's or ot's listed. but they have several dline commits that are likely to move around position wise. atleast 1 of there ships left will be a 2nd lb. not sure if his offer is commitable there at this point considering things...

uconn- we have 12 commits and after knowing my thoughts we have 2 oline commits. 1 is a guard and 1 is up in the air but hopkins could be a ot potentially. we need 2...we have a couple dline guys already. i wonder if tevin is friends with sylva at all?

ruty- has 15 commits. they have 1 oline and 1 dt commit so far. i think there looking for more on the lines but its hard to tell becuase they are only looking for a couple more kids for the class it seems.

uva-has 16 commits including another mass kid(JM) who plays ot. uva has several ol commits and a dt commit also. months ago i heard they made a good impression but i wonder if his offer is commitable to uva any more...2 of the ships left for uva go to a te and a rb.

i really want to land him. the more i look at things the more i think we can but its going to be tuff.

Just a couple of additional points regarding the team-by-team list above:

Rutgers just picked up a DT with full " 5 to play 4" eligibility in Pollard who bailed out on Penn St. I see two current DT commits on their list, with Klecko and the Joseph kid who is listed as a DE at 6'4" 270. I don't think Rutgers is is play for Montgomery right now.

Vandy is in serious need of DTs, but very few northeast kids ever get excited about Vandy. Even if Montgomery were interested, Franklin is very focused on establishing Vandy as a recruiting power down south and likes to take on the big boys from the SEC for players. A guy like Montgomery would be a later commit if others Franklin had his eyes on committed elsewhere.

I feel the major competition for Montgomery is BCU and UVA. You are right that UVA is running low on available spots, but they have been after Montgomery for a while and he is the only known DT offer that remains interested in UVA. BCU is all over Montgomery as they don't want to strike out on all the top Mass players again this year. However, being local, Montgomery knows that Spaz is on very thin ice and could be gone before Montgomery arrives or a year after.

UConn is the much more stable New England team, and Montgomery will know what he is getting. I think it will come down to UConn and UVA. With McDonald from Mass already committing to UVA I would think UVA may be a strong draw. However, nobody knows about the desire to stay closer to home. Very poistive that in the last couple of articles on the UVA site and the BCU site Montgomery has been quoted about the desire to visit UConn one more time before making a decision.

did i just see marcellus to wvu??!?!?!?!!?

Jalen Stevens @JStevens_9
S/O to them Uconn Huskies they really want me apart of their family. BIG EAST BABYYYY
Retweeted by Kenneth Tucker
Expand
JStevens_9_normal.jpg

• THIS IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ... are they playing him at slot receiver or running back?

They have 4 running backs in this class, presumably 1 is a DB and 1 a receiver. Regardless, you'd think they'd be out of the race for Smallwood at this point.

i keep counting wvu out on the rbs we have offered lol and then it happens again. ok for real lets count wvu out on smallwood and also not offering laray. smallwood has other offers from auburn, bc, temple and rutgers.
aub- has 1 rb and 17 overall.
bc- has 1 rb and 17 overall.
rut- has 1 rb and 17 overall.
temple-no rb and plenty of room.

tell me were not in it for smallwood? i think we should put on the full court press for him right now.

pj

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
BC isn't recruiting Smallwood anymore. Only taking a 3rd RB if it is Coppet. And I'd put a lot of money on Montgomery being BC or UVA. Also BC has 3 DL, 1 of which is a DT. And BC will prob go over 20 commits

Reaction Score
Assuming Smallwood is out at WVU (although there are Rivals and Scout stories from this week about making a visit), what's this Scout story say about his top 4?

"Eastern Christian (Elkton, Md.) three-star running back Wendell Smallwood has his eyes on four schools with a West Virginia visit looming this weekend. Smallwood does not have a leader, but discussed the four programs standing out and when a decision could be coming."

http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&...edURL=http://rutgers.scout.com/2/1205627.html

I assume Auburn, UConn and Rutgers??

Reaction Score
Yes, but it doesn't seem like Auburn is recruiting him too hard. If WVU is out, it sounds like it's down to Rutgers and UConn. Based off of his quotes in that article, I think Rutgers has a small lead on UConn.

pj

Reaction Score
Auburn was offering a ton of ECA kids in hope of getting Khaliel Rodgers. Now that he's committed to USC, I wonder if they're as interested in Smallwood. They have a 4* back already, plus offers out to 5 other 4* RB. Rutgers has 3 backs already this year. ... It seems logical that he should consider committing soon. Maybe he wants to take official visits?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so based off that i would love to see something like this(red would be 1st choice-home run, but realistic, blue would be a commit, cross out means he went elsewhere)
qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr-cunningham(have to hope 13 not 14). others- jeune, taylor, griffin(package deal with marcellus)
rb- smith. others-marcellus, wortham, smallwood, marriner, hoover
dt- burlingame
dt- montgomery. others- meant, mcgill
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de- hush. others- stevens, trent, dobbs, gross
te-myers
te- fuchs. others- stapleton, batten, joyner
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol- miller. others- wright, joyner(pos change), dunham
lb- sylva(have to hope 13 not 14).
lb, de or db? names- reid(db), parker(db)- delizuo(db)

bellamy will pick vandy or fsu soon. cross fingers its vandy.

i got to talk to aaron hush today. great kid! he is friends with gratz(same hometown) and says that he likes the coaches based off his recruitment and what gratz tells him. he can't wait to come up and visit which will be soon i think. he wants to play somewhere close to home on the east coast. he recently got offers from ole miss and kansas. hes has quite the nice offer list now. he told me that uconn is in his top 5. we are in good shape. hit him up on twitter everyone! @jerzy_swag9

Didn't he go to Temple?
commited to temple, not sure if he went but ended up at asa in nyc for 2 years. he is highly sought after and i think will make a impact right away next fall somewhere. he could be a big help to our d quickly rebuilding next year with all that were going to lose. imagine being able to reload with guys like stewart(here already), burlingame (commited), hush(were in his top 5) and sylva(if we can get him for 13 not 14). that would be a incredible reload on d. it would really make me feel good post 2012 fall. the only issues would be db's but i think wilbert is the next stud for us so we shall see. we need to land hush!

FYI, here's Aaron Hush's Rivals page (they also have his class of 2010 page when he committed to Temple): http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Hush-137298.

He's also considering Vandy, I imagine that's why HfD is rooting for Vandy to pick up Davin Bellamy, another DE. Or is it total scholarships and Tevin Montgomery?
both

Reaction Score
i got to talk to aaron hush today. great kid! he is friends with gratz(same hometown) and says that he likes the coaches based off his recruitment and what gratz tells him. he can't wait to come up and visit which will be soon i think. he wants to play somewhere close to home on the east coast. he recently got offers from ole miss and kansas. hes has quite the nice offer list now. he told me that uconn is in his top 5. we are in good shape. hit him up on twitter everyone! @jerzy_swag9

Didn't he go to Temple?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so with smallwood saying were out of it... and some more playing around

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr-cunningham(have to hope 13 not 14). others- jeune, taylor, griffin
rb- smith (in his top 5). others-wortham, mariner, hoover
dt- burlingame
dt- montgomery(in his top 5). others- meant, mcgill
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de- hush(in his top 5, visiting soon). others- stevens, trent, dobbs, gross
de- stapleton

te/de- joyner(pos change from te). others- stevens, trent, dobbs, gross, batten
te-myers
te-fuchs(i have reached out for a update). others - batten
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol- miller(in top 3 but not favorite). others- wright, montgomery (pos change from dt), dunham(we are in on him it seems)
lb- sylva(have to hope 13 not 14 from juco dean).
db- reid(a little push could land him) others- parker, delizuo(2 sport pitch...)

lb- i wonder if we are happy with mayer and stewart transfering in enough that taking a lb if sylva isn't good to go isn't worth a spot in this class? if sylva wasn't 13 then we know 1 lb for sure in 14. thoughts on that?
wr- if neally can't come in 13 and has to wait until 14, then maybe we take 1 more dline or db instead of him at wr. seems like our wr recruiting has slowed down after noel and bradley.
batten -i question whether his offer from us is commit able right now
rb- eventually wvu will stop and give us a shot at 1 lol. if we strike out on all then clay and odiah and beckford are easy late adds that would be still of good value to a roster spot. next year is a 2rb class(arkeel and marcus).
te/de-load up!! joyner and fuchs would both be explanation points to this class.

my top 5 lands at this point:
1) fuchs
2)hush
3)montgomery
4)smith
5)wortham

if we hit any of this 5 or get multiple, i will go nutzo on this board...:D

BDohnFoxSportsNext@BrianDohnScout
Lancaster (Pa.) Catholic RB Roman Clay said he will not decide Aug. 10 but will wait and see how things play out during the season.
Retweeted by Roman clay

we have offered wendell dunn a olb from fl. wvu, wake and ucf have also offered. same hs as javon hadley.

any locals ever see sean merrill from sheehan hs play ball? big kid, heard hes a local sleeper...

Reaction Score
check uconnplaybook.com front page... title reads Lagow interested in TCU (smh)... No matter what happens we gotta maintain a quality recruit at this position (QB)... not saying we should worry about this.. Didn't read the article ( haven't been a full member there in a few years )...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom