2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
check uconnplaybook.com front page... title reads Lagow interested in TCU (smh)... No matter what happens we gotta maintain a quality recruit at this position (QB)... not saying we should worry about this.. Didn't read the article ( haven't been a full member there in a few years )...

Better hope they don't offer. I think he could easily flip.

pj

Reaction Score
Better hope they don't offer. I think he could easily flip.

I would think that they will offer, but I hope he'll stick with the suitor who was with him first.

pj

Reaction Score
TCU took 2 QBs in both 2011 and 2012, one of the entering 2012 QBs was a highly rated 4*. They didn't offer many QBs this year, only Cody Thomas a 4* who committed to Oklahoma and Davis Webb who committed to Texas Tech so far as I know. We'll see if they choose to offer. Even if they do, UConn should be his best opportunity. Hopefully he doesn't mind going away from home.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
alex officer says he has no top 5 or any leader and that he wont decide on a school until after his season this fall he thinks...

bellamy picks this weekend. rumors are fsu. dam i hope not.

Bulls247@Bulls247
Hunter Knighton down to five: Hunter Knighton names USF, Miami, Purdue, Boston College and Navy his f... http://Post original url/MEu1fq#247Sports
Retweeted by J.P Fennessy
Expand

anything good news wise on that laray article that came out?

name to watch- Nick Sorrenti. no offers yet but i think we may be looking at him as a lb.

wait what? isaacs left bc for md? why? i would have never guessed that? omfg thats unreal?!>!>!/E@EJ@!E!

oh wait...

Expect BCU to take another shot at Quinn Thompson as they apparently have lost Isaacs to Maryland.

Would be bummed losing an in-state kid, but Isaacs for some reason never serious about UConn. Isaacs is the classic example of just wanting to get away from home.

couple things:
-i would not be surprised if they did go back after him. spaz has been going hard after kids for a while now who are committed. i like thompson and hope he stays but i won't lose a ounce of sleep if he goes. i really like fuchs and joyner. i guess i can't stress those 2 names enough here, ppl are probably getting sick of me with them lol.

-spaz is still recruiting kids like noel thomas and kingsley opara. both new england kids. noel is solid uconn. kingsley seems to be solid md. i actually talked to him a while ago when uconn was in his top 5. he was high on wvu and md and sure enough picked md. uconn was on his list because of the great facilities and being a going home thing. bc wasn't in on him. funny they are trying now. its another one of those silly spaz strategy's that work a bit but kids in the end see thru them. when a kid commits, most schools back off or at least slow there pursuit down to a lesser extent. that's when spaz goes all out recruit wise because he can play bc vs school the kid committed to. so its a 1 on 1 and not bc and 10 other schools recruiting the kid. he then brags about education and the city blah blah. hes a clown ass and its tough to watch knowing hes doing this. i really want him to completely destroy that program to pieces, but every time he comes sniffing around our yard recruits wise i wish i could just rock the out of his jaw and drop him like a next morning .

-isaacs and re had a great relationship. it was the one rare kid in state randy was in on early and its funny now looking at it. what happened was not re or pp's fault. when the switch happened of course our on the trail stuff got put on hold for a short time to get everything settled. the result was isaacs thinking he got snuffed by uconn a bit meanwhile re kept good contact and now hes at a acc school blah blah. we never had a chance as it turns out. he used bc as a saftey until he was good to go with md. not sure what the hold up was but clearly it was something that just took some time. maybe the staff had a higher target just waiting to hit/miss on first or something.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Just some clarification, TCU just signed 1 qb last year. Their other qb got drafted by the Yankees and signed to play baseball

Reaction Score
We're in his top 5 basically... but he loves Oregon... who hasn't offered yet... won't make a decision on where he's going anytime soon... basically the same thing we've already heard b4

Reaction Score
Expect BCU to take another shot at Quinn Thompson as they apparently have lost Isaacs to Maryland.

Would be bummed losing an in-state kid, but Isaacs for some reason never serious about UConn. Isaacs is the classic example of just wanting to get away from home.

pj

Reaction Score
I agree, would love to have Fuchs and Joyner ... Thompson seems like a versatile player who could end up being second best at two positions, first best at neither ... a good recruit and I want him, but Fuchs could be a game-changer. ... What's the issue with Joyner, academics? Seems like you don't hear his name much.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
total commits right now-comes into play with several guys soon for us

md-19 weird class, some 4* and some 2*. its like randy at a acc school with goldielocks can get big time recruits but yet chooses some 2* kids anyway. i dono...
uva-17 school is on the fball rise the past 2 years recruit wise
vandy-20 and imho its a great great class. props to that staff down there.
wvu-13 and hopefully rb full lol. it may be wvu vs uconn for dunn and we have his teammate...
ruty- 15. how big is there class going to be??? we have 2 or 3 kids were both going after.
fsu- has 19 so far and a bunch of wrs and a te. i think they are out of it for fuchs
tosu- 16 but they have 1 te and wr each. they may be in on fuchs. that 1 scares me.
bc- 16. bc told a kid last week he couldn't commit and there are rumors that montgomery is not high on them. not sure wtf is going on there lol.

at this point i would really like to see news on fuchs, montgomery, miller, stevens, hush and dunn before i go any further looking to send out more offers. the staff will check joyner out once the season begins i would think so he will come into play a month or so from now. we currently have 42 offers out that kids are open school wise with. a few of them i think may not be commit-able at this point. the more i look at it the more i'm seeing this is possibly a 2lb class and we have 0 right now. dunn is a lb and stevens i think we recruited as a lb now it looks like. also were still recruiting ogundecko and he would be a lb for us more than a line guy.

I agree, would love to have Fuchs and Joyner ... Thompson seems like a versatile player who could end up being second best at two positions, first best at neither ... a good recruit and I want him, but Fuchs could be a game-changer. ... What's the issue with Joyner, academics? Seems like you don't hear his name much.

academics are fine. just hasn't been on the camp circuit much this summer and just focused on this fall. the staff will see him once the season begins and i think they will offer as long as we still have the need for him as today at least we do. he is a CTK kid also, the pipeline is freaking impressive at this point for UConn as a school. he is very good friends with several staff members, more so than any other school. i like where we sit.

HfD - Why are we still recruiting Ogundecko? Are u tellin me we still have a shot at getting him to re-commit? I'd love it if it were to happen... It'd be a nice "Johnnie Be Good" story if he were to re-commit...

its a distant chance but were still in the picture. we have a few good contacts that keep uconn fresh in his mind. hes going to run out of options just like the nyc kid last year and come down to uconn vs cuse in the end. by that point we need to land laray to have a shot. the kid is a major media and touch feeling kid. he came here and was boys with laray about both going here. then it was gus and cuse etc etc. he tried to go to nd a while back and they said no, now fl gave him the push back also. so hes got alot of options still but it imho will come down to the uconn and cuse and what nyc kids went where. we will see...

btw, he just spent a full day doing a photo shoot with noel for msg. that time didn't hurt uconn, thatfir sure...

the latest chart:
this is what i think a 25 man class would look like. with nebrich and maybe 1 other leaving this month, more spots continue to open. this class will just get bigger and bigger until i think we will once again hit 25 with a handful coming in early for janurary. for the record i like doing these and learning from them in order to make better ones so that i can eventually do these with ease and enjoy them...

commit-doesn't like us-we have a chance-in top group/good chance-up in the air/no clue/waiting for news..

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr- boyd-grant-jeune-taylor-smith-callinan-griffin
rb- mizzell-turman-williams-smith-hoover-wortham-marriner-
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dt- montgomery-shortridge-meant-knighton-mcgill-
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
db-reid-parker-deluzio
de-thompson
de- teller-muhammad-stevens-hush-trent-dobbs-gross-miles
te/de- stapleton
te/de-
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol- johnson*-miller-curtis-wright-dunham-officer
ol-
lb- thomas-ogundecko-stevens-dunn
lb-

*=new offer out

other names to watch(non offers at this point):
rb-clay
te/de-joyner
lb-sylva
ol-jj smith
qb-oneil
ath-duffy
lb-robinson
wr-cunningham
rb-odiah
ol-davenport
te-kintyhtt
db-frazier
ath-green
lb-oneal
ol-mhiesen
ath-beckford
ol-basiclia
de-toney
db-huff
db-moshood
lb-barton
ol-vaughn
wr-creamer
ol-fisher
lb-nastahowski
lb-hume
wr- fairbank

Add WR Geoff Fairbanks to non-offer list.. He played with Jaymar Claxx in HS

added. whats up with him? i see rivals has a story...
i wonder by the offers this summer to several lbs and wrs that its telling news on neally and sylva be 13 or 14 recruits. hard to tell right now..

also for general chat i made a mistake with mariner, hes a rb not wr.

if the rumors are true, we may have a new commit soon from piscataway nj. a 6'2 db with other offers from cincy and uva. its twitter rumors. nothing official yet.

Reaction Score
Just some clarification, TCU just signed 1 qb last year. Their other qb got drafted by the Yankees and signed to play baseball

Since we lost Nebrich to Fordham does that mean we look to sign one more QB in this class?

Reaction Score
alex officer says he has no top 5 or any leader and that he wont decide on a school until after his season this fall he thinks...

Hope we can convince this kid to come to Storrs

Reaction Score
academics are fine. just hasn't been on the camp circuit much this summer and just focused on this fall. the staff will see him once the season begins and i think they will offer as long as we still have the need for him as today at least we do. he is a CTK kid also, the pipeline is freaking impressive at this point for UConn as a school. he is very good friends with several staff members, more so than any other school. i like where we sit.
I think we should take advantage of the CTK pipeline. As for Joyner he has been quiet. According to 247sports, he has 4 stars, he's #4 in the Prep School rankings, nationally. Position wise, he's rated higher than Andrew Isaacs, Quinn Thompson & Cameron Stapleton. It's only a matter of time before he has some knocks on his door. I hope we can knock before everyone else, especially since he will be in our own backyard.

pj

Reaction Score
the more i look at it the more i'm seeing this is possibly a 2lb class and we have 0 right now. dunn is a lb and stevens i think we recruited as a lb now it looks like. also were still recruiting ogundecko and he would be a lb for us more than a line guy.

That would make sense out of our LB recruiting. Stevens seemed to like North Carolina and they have 4 DE commits already but no LB; I assume they are recruiting him as a LB too. Maybe with a great season we'll get back in the mix for Ogundeko. Certainly with our current group we can make a claim for being the new northeastern "linebacker U" and of course Pasqualoni was a LB at Penn State. With Sio Moore and Jory Johnson finishing can make the case that there will be immediate playing time, especially for a kid who can graduate in January and be here for spring practice. Hopefully Hadley is helping us with Wendell Dunn, he'd be a great get. West Virginia has 3 LBs already, I think we would make a lot of sense for Dunn.

Reaction Score
HfD - Why are we still recruiting Ogundecko? Are u tellin me we still have a shot at getting him to re-commit? I'd love it if it were to happen... It'd be a nice "Johnnie Be Good" story if he were to re-commit...

pj

Reaction Score
its a distant chance but were still in the picture. we have a few good contacts that keep uconn fresh in his mind. hes going to run out of options just like the nyc kid last year and come down to uconn vs cuse in the end. by that point we need to land laray to have a shot. the kid is a major media and touch feeling kid. he came here and was boys with laray about both going here. then it was gus and cuse etc etc. he tried to go to nd a while back and they said no, now fl gave him the push back also. so hes got alot of options still but it imho will come down to the uconn and cuse and what nyc kids went where. we will see...

btw, he just spent a full day doing a photo shoot with noel for msg. that time didn't hurt uconn, thatfir sure...

I think watching UConn beat Syracuse by 20+ in the Dome won't hurt either.

pj

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, great work!

Since you're looking to improve, how about a better color coding. Follow the spectrum to show interest: Blue - commit, Green - in top group / good chance, Orange - we have a chance, Red -- he doesn't like us, black - no clue. Bolding the colors will help us distinguish orange from red; alternatively the orange could be more yellowy (but yellow is hard to read), or the red more browny.

Then you can order prospects left-to-right according to either color coding for more clarity, or according to scout rating / desirability.

BTW, I'm feeling pretty good about this recruiting year, assuming nobody decommits. I think the team will impress this year and have a feeling that as the NBE TV contract negotiations heat up, we'll look better to recruits. Official visits will impress them with facilities. We have more room than many other schools, and will be able to pick up some late bloomers based on fall performance. We may be rated #50 in the final ratings but the class will be better than the ratings. Can't wait to see Lagow throwing to Bradley, Fuchs, and Thomas.

Reaction Score
the latest chart:
this is what i think a 25 man class would look like. with nebrich and maybe 1 other leaving this month, more spots continue to open. this class will just get bigger and bigger until i think we will once again hit 25 with a handful coming in early for janurary. for the record i like doing these and learning from them in order to make better ones so that i can eventually do these with ease and enjoy them...

commit-doesn't like us-we have a chance-in top group/good chance-up in the air/no clue/waiting for news..

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr- boyd-grant-jeune-taylor-smith-callinan-marriner-griffin
rb- mizzell-turman-williams-smith-hoover-wortham
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
db-reid-parker-deluzio
de-thompson
te/de- stapleton
te/de-
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-
lb-

*=new offer out

rb-clay
te/de-joyner
lb-sylva
ol-jj smith
qb-oneil
ath-duffy
lb-robinson
wr-cunningham
rb-odiah
ol-davenport
te-kintyhtt
db-frazier
ath-green
lb-oneal
ol-mhiesen
ath-beckford
ol-basiclia
de-toney
db-huff
db-moshood
lb-barton
ol-vaughn
wr-creamer
ol-fisher
lb-nastahowski
lb-hume

Add WR Geoff Fairbanks to non-offer list.. He played with Jaymar Claxx in HS

pj

Reaction Score
Well, I found tweets: https://twitter.com/Badger_Era/status/235527040625954816 has his list of offers, his profile tag says "UConn im signing!"

Here https://twitter.com/Badger_Era/status/235528108734816256 he says he is thinking of committing to UConn and wants to recruit his friend Tyrell Judson, a Piscataway NJ RB: https://twitter.com/TJudson4_. But Judson didn't seem enthusiastic: https://twitter.com/TJudson4_/status/235528368546783232. Maybe he was joking. Judson's espn page: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/150833/tyrell-judson.

I'm a bit puzzled, he uses the name Gratz and Dwayne Gratz is from Piscataway. Is this a relative? I don't see a Gratz in the recruiting databases. Cincy, UVa and UConn is a pretty good set of offers. Nadir Barnwell goes to Piscataway.

Reaction Score
Well, I found tweets: https://twitter.com/Badger_Era/status/235527040625954816 has his list of offers, his profile tag says "UConn im signing!"

Here https://twitter.com/Badger_Era/status/235528108734816256 he says he is thinking of committing to UConn and wants to recruit his friend Tyrell Judson, a Piscataway NJ RB: https://twitter.com/TJudson4_. But Judson didn't seem enthusiastic: https://twitter.com/TJudson4_/status/235528368546783232. Maybe he was joking. Judson's espn page: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/150833/tyrell-judson.

I'm a bit puzzled, he uses the name Gratz and Dwayne Gratz is from Piscataway. Is this a relative? I don't see a Gratz in the recruiting databases. Cincy, UVa and UConn is a pretty good set of offers. Nadir Barnwell goes to Piscataway.

wonder if it Charles Gratz ( check out piscataway HS '11 roster where the "Gratz" kid was listed as wearing #23 - something tells me it could a relative of Dwayne Gratz - kid brother maybe? They look eerily alike if you look at the kid's twitter page - http://www.piscatawayfootball.com/roster.aspx )

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
there is a gratz on the piscataway roster...hmm

http://www.piscatawayfootball.com/roster.aspx

but in the pic hes #1 not #23...

Yeah, but that's the 2011 roster bro... Kids change numbers ( as the come available the following season )
tru tru. i'm going to ask gratz on twitter

i love a good mystery on the trail. but this one is killin me!

Must be Anthony Gratz. With 2 seniors graduating and thin group behind them, makes sense to go after a JUCO player. ... If he was a high school player and had 3 BCS offers he'd be in a recruiting database.

if his other offers are true he sounds like a good get for that reason plus the juco experience for us considering what we will be saying bye to on d. love the juco adds so far the staff has made. really addressing needs quickly like whitmer and burlingame.

D gratz just said his family member is a sr at pway playing most positions but hes not aware of a uconn offer.

For Dan, it appears A. Officer may not be too fond of UConn. Per Rivals ...

"Recruiting is going pretty well," Officer said. "Right now I am looking at Syracuse, Louisville, Pittsburgh, and Old Dominion." Officer, 6-foot-4, 300 pounds talked about his recent trip to Syracuse.

"I am going to take my official visit during my season. Syracuse is definitely getting an official visit."
An official list of leaders has not been given out, but Officer mentioned some schools that are sticking out right now. "I do not have a top five or anything like that, but Syracuse, Louisville, and Pittsburgh are all standing out right now."

thanks for the news. if the kid values staying home then its cuse all the way. if not then its interesting becuase its a bunch of big east schools and cuse and pitt may have bad seasons compared to uconn and lville. he will be one to watch this fall and is a great prospect, but i'm not losing any sleep. i have some other guys on the radar i'm following heavy...

Charles Gratz is a senior, that must be Dwayne's family member.... Our prospective recruit just took the "UConn im signing!" off his Twitter profile and made a tweet "soft ... smh". https://twitter.com/Badger_Era

i'm a little lost with this one now. was it all just a joke? seems so.

commit
likes us/top group/high
interested
not interested/low
waiting for news/unclear

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr- boyd-grant-jeune-taylor-smith-callinan-griffin
rb- mizzell-turman-williams-smith-hoover-wortham-marriner-
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
db-reid-parker-deluzio
de-thompson
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^
ath-barnwell

*=new offer out

rb-clay-odiah
te/de-joyner-kintyhtt-toney
lb-sylva-robinson-oneal-barton-nastahowski-hume
ol-jj smith-davenport-mhiesen-basiclia-vaughn-fisher
qb-oneil, ford
ath-duffy-beckford-green-davis
wr-cunningham-creamer-fairbank
db-frazier-moshood
dl-?

did a little work on it. looks better. next will be the order of kids a bit different. i might do it on my personal opinion instead of any rankings just so u guys gets a look at what i'm thinking tracking these kids day to day. if we can land fuchs soon and give us some momentum going into the season i think we can land a couple more kids that will really boost this class.

on the montgomery watch, bc fans seem to think hes not liking them much any more. vandy is up to 19 commits, uva 17 and ruty with 15. really want to land this kid as u guys know...

ogundecko goes red for now until he publicly says something even tho i have heard otherwise...

pj

Reaction Score
Must be Anthony Gratz. With 2 seniors graduating and thin group behind them, makes sense to go after a JUCO player. ... If he was a high school player and had 3 BCS offers he'd be in a recruiting database.

pj

Reaction Score
Charles Gratz is a senior, that must be Dwayne's family member.... Our prospective recruit just took the "UConn im signing!" off his Twitter profile and made a tweet "soft ... smh". https://twitter.com/Badger_Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom