te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol- johnson-miller-curtis-wright-dunham-officer
ol-^
lb- thomas-ogundecko-stevens-dunn
lb-^
ath-barnwell (not sure what position he goes to)

other names to watch(non offers at this point):
rb-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-beckford
te/de-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin
lb-sylva-robinson-oneal-barton-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-huber
ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett
qb-oneil, ford
ath-duffy-beckford-green-davis-kelly
wr-cunningham-creamer-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith
db-cooper-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-toney-felix-davis
dl-booges-valantine-camara-coward-henry-skipper

-mizzell to uva. we were not in it, he was red on here. but this takes another spot in uva's class which is good for us with a few other recruits. puzzle pieces are falling, were in position for some good news hopefully. uva is up to 18 commits now. seems like they want a tight end in this class with a few offers out of the 26 they still have out. if so a tight end for this class would be 19. they have to be close to full now. montgomery not giving a verbal last week does offer more hope.

Dan,

Is Sylva available for this class?

its still unknown. he doesn't know and wont until the semester gets going and he sits down to review his stuff is the drift i got. i'm pretty sure its a credits issue. depending on your issue going juco you by rule have to be there 1 or 2 years. for example whitmer went juco. but it was for playing time and not grades so he could immediately leave and go to another school. if you have the grades but not test score i think its possible to go until u get that good sat/act score then leave, but credits i'm not sure about how many = how much time. i asked him to keep in touch and he said he would let me know when he had news. he is extremely friendly on twitter so feel free to give him some words of encouragement and check in. the last time i talked to him he was still 100% uconn which is great. if him or neally can come this winter or both, those would be huge boosts for this recruit class. i know i was pumping dean ealry this summer to you guys but i really think were doing good things with them. burlingame is a good example of that. between uconn and umass working together, dean will continue to be a juco powerhouse and help our 2 programs a lot in the future.

call me crazy guys, but i think we may have a small % shot with aj turman at rb. i have really overlooked him before because he has a great offer list and we wouldn't stick out on it. now that i looked a bit deeper into his stuff i see that of his 13 bcs offers, 10 of them already have rbs in there 13 classes. and uga who doesn't, has 28 recruits already. we may be in this quietly, just a hunch.

CrazyfanDan,
With the upcoming commit of Holines where does that leave us with Stevens, Camara etc.?

haha that's my new name. stevens would be a good get, not sure if a lb or de so holiness prob doesn't change his offer at all. camara is on the radar with his buddy valantine down there but we have yet to offer either. season starts soon so maybe were looking for more tape to see improvement etc.

Reaction Score
CrazyfanDan,
With the upcoming commit of Holines where does that leave us with Stevens, Camara etc.?

Reaction Score
Well I guess Ogundeko is a definite "no!" According to the NY Post, his top 6 are Syracuse, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arizona State, Florida and Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
call me crazy guys, but i think we may have a small % shot with aj turman at rb. i have really overlooked him before because he has a great offer list and we wouldn't stick out on it. now that i looked a bit deeper into his stuff i see that of his 13 bcs offers, 10 of them already have rbs in there 13 classes. and uga who doesn't, has 28 recruits already. we may be in this quietly, just a hunch.
There's a less than 0% chance he's coming up north just saying.

Reaction Score
I'm so over and done with that kid.
JS--I totally understand. I just think that this is the Wayne Morgan syndrome all over again. I think that if he waits to commit until signing day a lot of those offers will be gone--if that were to be the case, I wonder if we would be in the picture again, provided that we have a spot.

Reaction Score
JS--I totally understand. I just think that this is the Wayne Morgan syndrome all over again. I think that if he waits to commit until signing day a lot of those offers will be gone--if that were to be the case, I wonder if we would be in the picture again, provided that we have a spot.

I think Holines and Ogundeko are very similar players. I think getting Holines probably means Ogundeko wouldn't have spot with us even if he wanted it. I say this despite the fact that I think Ogundeko was woefully under ranked by Rivals initially, kid is a stud/freak athlete. I think Holines, might be a tick below as an athlete, but looks to have a larger frame with potential for more good weight. I'm very happy with how this class is shaping up so far.

Reaction Score
I think Holines and Ogundeko are very similar players. I think getting Holines probably means Ogundeko wouldn't have spot with us even if he wanted it. I say this despite the fact that I think Ogundeko was woefully under ranked by Rivals initially, kid is a stud/freak athlete. I think Holines, might be a tick below as an athlete, but looks to have a larger frame with potential for more good weight. I'm very happy with how this class is shaping up so far.

Farrell actually said that at an event in May, Holines had a quicker first step than Ogundeko, and outside speed is Ogundeko's strong suit.

Reaction Score
Farrell actually said that at an event in May, Holines had a quicker first step than Ogundeko, and outside speed is Ogundeko's strong suit.
That is good to know. They are both explosive. The one difference I noticed in the highlights is that Holines looks to have mean streak/plays beyond the whistle.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-i have been high on holiness for a while if u look back in this thread when i first thought we had offered after camp. i'm very happy that he is a husky!
-as for ogundecko, i agree hes wayne morgan 2.0. he has some offers right now that are not commit-able and hes a social media guy like me. believe me i see it everyday. while its not worth the day to day grind of updating things with him, do NOT rule him out come winter. trust me. we have 2 or 3 small connections that come that time of year may put us vs cuse and there is a wildcard factor. a couple things have to come together for it to not be a pipe dream but its out there. im just going to keep him in mind for this class on the recruit chart until i hear otherwise.

ok, for 2night i want to look into wendell dunn a bit more. from the sites i gather 4 very good offers he has. uconn, wvu, wake and ucf. there are several factors i have piled together here now that make me think we have a real shot at landing him. the * stats and offers for this are based off rivals and 247 fwiw.
1) wvu has 16 commits so far this class. 4 of them are lb's. yea its like dejavu all over again with the rbs wvu got over us. but i would have to imagine they are full at lb. 3 of those 4 kids are 3* kids and 1 is a 4*. very impressive by wvu. i have to lean that he won't be going there at this point unless one of those kids dc's and they have a open slot and go after him.
2) we are def looking for 1 or 2 more lbs in this class it seems.
3) uconn commit hadley goes to the same high school as dunn
4) ucf is his stay home offer at this point. he has not jumped on that offer which tells me he is at least open to going out of state. they have 11 commits so far this class with 1 lb so far who is a 2* kid. they are def in play i would think.
5) wake at this point has 12 commits, 2 of them are 3* lbs. i'm not sure how big of a class they would have but they still need a rb, and 2 dl's it seems. i dont know if another lb is in the fold for them.
6) there has been some talk that usf who has not offered is also showing interest in him. they would be a better stay home option for him but i am unsure of the interest level. right now usf has 15 commits including 1 2* lb commit. it looks like usf still needs a tight end and another ol commit among other slots.

based off the above information, i think that we will be a strong player for dunn.

i would like to see the staff offer shavarez smith a ship. wr up at dean this fall...he just got a usce offer

also keep a eye on robinson up there. would be a good backup plan at lb. if we feel we aren't going to land 1 or 2 guys we have offered i think giving robinson a times offer would be a smart move this fall. let bloomer on the field with a great game.

what do we need most right now?

1)rb
2)center
3)lb
4)dt
5)te or ot

commit
likes us/top group/high
interested
not interested/low
waiting for news/unclear

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr- boyd-grant-jeune-taylor-smith-griffin
rb- turman-williams-smith-hoover-wortham-marriner-
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dt- montgomery-shortridge-meant-knighton-mcgill-
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
db-reid-parker-deluzio-alexander
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
de-teller-muhammad-stevens-hush-trent-dobbs-gross-miles
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett
qb-oneil, ford

-can some one update us on neally cunningham?
-we are in good shape with a local kid thats on my chart

Neally is at New Mexico Institute instead of Dean... they offered him a full ride there whereas Dean only offered partial... will be there 2 years and is still in constent contact with our coaches
great, thanks for the info. he will go to the 2014 class chart now.

commit
likes us/top group/high
interested
not interested/low
waiting for news/unclear

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

qb-oneil, ford

BTW, who is "Booges" the DL you mention that has interest in us?

he was a kid from the same hs as neally who was suppose to be going to dean. our coaches found him when recruiting neally and he wouldn't qualify so they had him ready to go to dean also. not sure whats up with him as i have not seen anything. when he originally was recruited to dean by uconn coaches a relative of his said he had committed to uconn but there has been any news in a while on him. his first name was entumia or something like that, i forget.

Eutemia Boges:

Only 2 letters off in the first name and one in the second, Dan!

good looking prospect right? kid gets after it!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think a running back is still number one recruit left in this class.

Reaction Score
That is good to know. They are both explosive. The one difference I noticed in the highlights is that Holines looks to have mean streak/plays beyond the whistle.
Holines may not be as ready to play early on in his career though.. if you look at his photo on rivals ( the uconn article where he talks about how he flipped to us over UMASS ) he looks like he needs to see the gym and get in better football shape for the FBS level. Ogundecko already looks like he's there....

Reaction Score
commit
likes us/top group/high
interested
not interested/low
waiting for news/unclear

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

qb-oneil, ford

-can some one update us on neally cunningham?
-we are in good shape with a local kid thats on my chart
Neally is at New Mexico Institute instead of Dean... they offered him a full ride there whereas Dean only offered partial... will be there 2 years and is still in constent contact with our coaches

Reaction Score
BTW, who is "Booges" the DL you mention that has interest in us?

pj

Reaction Score
Eutemia Boges:

Only 2 letters off in the first name and one in the second, Dan!

pj

Reaction Score
good looking prospect right? kid gets after it!

Good-looking, yes, but light for the d-line. The coaches will know if he has what it takes to play lb. He does look good in the highlights.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Good-looking, yes, but light for the d-line. The coaches will know if he has what it takes to play lb. He does look good in the highlights.
yea maybe a lb and not a dl guy. i had dl down because thats all i could remember from last winter. hopefully we get some news on him soon to see if he made it to dean or where he is.

commit
likes us/top group/high
interested
not interested/low
waiting for news/unclear

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

qb-oneil, ford

- grant goes to red. his top 4 are usf/ruty/tt/wvu

nice job with the digging guys

Dorian Miller mixes it up-espn

Dan,

Per Scout it appears Marriner has moved us to his top 3 - does that signal a color upgrade?

hell yea it does. who are the others in it with us? i know he was thinking navy/army type lifestyle not to long ago. is he a rb or db at the next level?

commit
likes us/top group/high
interested
not interested/low
waiting for news/unclear

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

qb-oneil, ford

-marriner to green from purple

have u guys seen a vid on him?

your thoughts?

to take a verbal from him must mean were in bad shape with laray and dez who i like more. even hoover. i still hope and pray that next year is a 2 rb year and not this one.

Hey HfD - think we might have any luck with Zayd Issah? He re-opened his recruitment ( Penn State commit ).. current rivals article implies he's still a PSU lean but felt it be in his best interest to see all b4 his final decision.

he has a good amount of offers i think, may be a tough one to crack but i thought we were at least on a top half list before he went to psu so maybe we do have a slim shot. he would be a killer get. his hs team is one of the best in the country btw.

offered:

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

radar:

rb-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-hamlin-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz

te/de-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin-firkser-riley

lb-sylva-robinson-oneal-barton-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-huber-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr-

ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor

qb-oneil-ford-derby-moraity-krivda-gory-keir-j. brown-imes-nocciolo

ath-duffy-beckford-green-davis-kelly-criswell-bennett-cureton

wr-creamer-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-dessenberg-cherry-victorin-vangelas-jones-dumas

db-cooper-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-frazier-smith-lewis-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-

dl-booges-valantine-camara-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson

-n. beckford goes to 2014 class now. transferred from nd ffld in ct to a school in va. i couldn't read the rivals article but that seems to be the answer to it.
-some more names added to radar, a bunch of the names are jc kids were showing interest in. they seem to be more dbs and line guys which is interesting considering our issues for next year.

pj

Reaction Score
Sounds to me he either he's either gonna be OLB or S

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=376&f=1279&t=4891894

That was from 2009 when he was a sophomore in high school, you'd expect him to be a lot bigger now. But judging from the picture on an old Twitter account (https://twitter.com/1boges), he doesn't look like he has the bone structure that would easily get up to 240 lb. His highlight video listed him at 180 as a senior. I could see him reaching 220 and playing linebacker.

Reaction Score
Dan,

Per Scout it appears Marriner has moved us to his top 3 - does that signal a color upgrade?

Reaction Score

I could see him coming in as a RB....Flashes good patience letting his blockers set up on sweep plays which is a tough thing to learn.....pretty good top end speed shown in video at 6:08 till end of video........looks like he has a pretty strong build from the first pic of video...enough to absorb hit.....and I love his desire to not be brought down by first tackler.....many highlights of him refusing to go down, churning his feet and needing like 3+ guys to take him down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom