2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
to take a verbal from him must mean were in bad shape with laray and dez who i like more. even hoover. i still hope and pray that next year is a 2 rb year and not this one.

I agree.....But I'll keep the hope that we'll add 2!

Reaction Score
Dorian millers top 3 UConn Rutgers and UNC

No More Tenn. is good news.....still gonna be hard to beat out Ruty... But fingers crossed.....would be a huge get!!!! Come on Dorian!!!!

Reaction Score
If those missed and broken tackles are an indication of his strength and speed, he's impressive; unless the competition wasn't that great!

Reaction Score
to take a verbal from him must mean were in bad shape with laray and dez who i like more. even hoover. i still hope and pray that next year is a 2 rb year and not this one.
Id love to get Dez too, 200lb+ with 4.4 speed

Reaction Score
Come on DJ Dorian... when your not playing/practicing/working out for football, or doing school work, you can handle the 1's and 2's at the UCONN parties or on the radio at WHUS ( like my boys CMC - parties and Roc - WHUS ... Did it back in the day )....

Reaction Score
No More Tenn. is good news.....still gonna be hard to beat out Ruty... But fingers crossed.....would be a huge get!!!! Come on Dorian!!!!

the longer his recruitment goes on the better for Uconn, we have a real shot at landing him, stay tuned.

Reaction Score
MaxPreps Pre-Season CT First Team All State list released. Some familiar names on that list

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=baa72c4a-5fe9-4067-8770-f7399220e665

MaxPreps 2012 Connecticut Preseason All-State Football Team
WR - Noel Thomas, St. Luke's (New Canaan)
WR - David Coggins, Sacred Heart (Waterbury)
TE - Andrew Isaacs, Manchester
OL - Sadiq Olanrewaju, Salisbury School
OL - Jake Basilica, Montville (Oakdale)
OL - Ben Morales, Ledyard
OL - Chris Simmons, Manchester
OL - Chris Meucci, Berlin
QB - Tim Boyle, Xavier (Middletown)
RB - Arkeel Newsome, Ansonia
RB - Colin Moore, Avon

MaxPreps 2012 Connecticut Preseason Fab 5

DL - Darick Orange, Coventry
DL - Mitch Blanchette, Berlin
DL - Jordan Butler, Glastonbury
DL - Audley Fletcher, Hartford Public
LB - Andrew Barton, Ridgefield
LB - Cory Jasudowich, Cheshire Academy (Cheshire)
LB - Isaiah Holloway, Montville (Oakdale)
LB - Tim Artruc, Stafford
DB - John Van Allen, Avon Old Farms (Avon)
DB - Dana Plantt, Maloney (Meriden)
DB - Isiah Swain, Middletown

Reaction Score
Hey HfD - think we might have any luck with Zayd Issah? He re-opened his recruitment ( Penn State commit ).. current rivals article implies he's still a PSU lean but felt it be in his best interest to see all b4 his final decision.

Reaction Score
umass game was great for local recruiting an old fashioned beat down in all facets. Its good when recruits can clearly see that uconn is a few notches above the competition. With temple, umass, rutgers, and syracuse, recruiting players locally, its imperative that we whip on these teams every chance we get. Talk is cheap. winning consistantly is what's gonna take recruiting to the next level.

Reaction Score
RB Roman Clay ran for 442 yds and 6 TD's today. Those are some pretty big numbers!

Reaction Score
Dez Wortham had 158 yards on 17 carries and 4 Rec for 25 yards in a 13-10 loss to Abilene.

Daikiel Shorts is having a monster yr already for ECA 14 catches for 307 yards and 5 Tds in 2 games.

Reaction Score
HfD - what's status on Virginia RB Josh Marriner? We're in his top 3 ( along with Temple and ODU ) which was last reported at the end of July.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HfD - what's status on Virginia RB Josh Marriner? We're in his top 3 ( along with Temple and ODU ) which was last reported at the end of July.

i dont know anything thats not in this thread on him. i still think if our offer is commitable its a reach on our part at this point and that its bad news towards several recurits if so...this class has been great so far. i take issue with 1 or 2 reaches during the summer but besides that i really like it. this however would leave me to question a bit what were looking for. we have a ton of rbs in our area next year with bcs offers as of right now already. most of them are small apb guys and 1 of them is a big guy. considering our roster right now i think i wait and hit on laray or dez and wait until they say no. then i take clay over marriner to be honest. i just dont see it. maybe its just me. next year i want outlow/cooper/newsome to bleed blue and if we need to look deeper than that then the eramus hall kid, beckford(down in va now) etc...

Chart:

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr- boyd-grant-jeune-taylor-smith-griffin
rb- turman-williams-smith-hoover-wortham-marriner-
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dt- montgomery-shortridge-meant-knighton-mcgill-
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
db-reid-parker-deluzio-alexander
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
de-teller-muhammad-stevens-hush-trent-dobbs-gross-miles
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol- johnson-miller-curtis-wright-dunham-officer
ol-^
lb- thomas-ogundecko-stevens-dunn
lb-^
ath-barnwell (not sure what position he goes to)

radar:

rb-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-hamlin-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz
te/de-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin-firkser-riley
lb-sylva-robinson-oneal-barton-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-huber-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr-
ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor
qb-oneil-ford-derby-moraity-krivda-gory-keir-j. brown-imes-nocciolo
ath-duffy-beckford-green-davis-kelly-criswell-bennett-cureton
wr-creamer-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-dessenberg-cherry-victorin-vangelas-jones-dumas
db-cooper-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-frazier-smith-lewis-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-
dl-booges-valantine-camara-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson

-montgomery has final 3 of bc/uva/vandy from his final 5 a month ago. his ankel never healed and will now miss part of his sr year season. article made it sound like the injury made some schools cool off on him. hard to tell where he is leaning. on to the next one.

seems like dorian johnson is a tosu lock. he will go red on the chart. we really need to make a few big splashes here is fall. miller, laray, hush and fuchs would be my top top hits right now with dunham, dunn, stevens and a few others to round off my 10 guys left chart that we need for this class. bryan going to 2014 opens up another spot in this class. at this point i dont see a class under 20 and i still think 25 may be the goal.

i will wait until a hour before signing day on laray or dez as our rb commit. i then would like to offer clay as a backup. we need a rb this class. but only 1. i want atleast 2 rbs next year. one big back and 1 small and maybe a apb/wr mix guy also. i am not sold on mariner. i thik if the staff takes him hes a db.

Hey HfD - found another one for you... DT/NG Tyler Colbert out of Ft Worth TX ( here's an old but free scout article on him that links us to him : http://texas.scout.com/2/1199254.html )

Hopefully you can find more stuff on him...

good find. i'll so some diggin on him later. seems a bit under the radar. i think his height may have something to do with that.

irving muniz will be at the game this weekend.

toney is getting strong interest from uconn and rutgers

Just saw an update in rivals on DT McGill... It appears we're still in the running...
ok he will go to purple then. does he have like a top 3 or somethig or are we just still interesting to him?

Got any more info on Irving Muniz bro? He's a hard one to find anything on... totally under the radar...

i couldn't find much at all. just some max preps stuff. it did seem like he was a sr last year so he may be at a prep/juco possibly but i couldn't figure it out. i saw a tweet that said he would be at the game. thats all.

Chart:

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

radar:

rb-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-hamlin-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz
lb-sylva-robinson-oneal-barton-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-huber-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr-
ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor
wr-creamer-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-dessenberg-cherry-victorin-vangelas-jones-dumas
db-cooper-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-frazier-smith-lewis-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-
dl-booges-valantine-camara-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson

Reaction Score
I know you keep talking about the class of '14, but we need a TB from this class. We can take two from 14 as well, but we can't wait. I know Delorenzo showed a little promise, but the fact that both he and Williams remain behind Hyppolite on the depth chart (and in the rotation) will continue to scare me.

The TB position here, now, is akin to TDH's rantings about the QB position. We need at least one TB in every recruiting class, 2 where the opportunity presents, until we are comfortable we have restocked the position.

pj

Reaction Score
BL, I don't think we want to reach on a TB. Yes, we are thin, but the ones we have are young. Arguably the top 3 backs we have are a rs soph (McCombs), rs frosh (DeLorenzo), and fr (Williams). We will be doing a lot more passing than in the past. Bring in too many RBs and it can get harder to recruit the succeeding ones.

I think we will bring in a decent RB later this year, especially if the season is as strong as I expect it to be. Everyone will know UConn is a program on the rise. But if we miss on our top targets, I would have no problem with taking the best available at other spots, and focusing on Newsome and another top (bigger) back the following year.

Reaction Score
We need a TB, but we don't need one today - we "found" Todman near the end of the recruting cycle. Panic in january.

Reaction Score
We need a TB, but we don't need one today - we "found" Todman near the end of the recruting cycle. Panic in january.

To be clear, I'm not panicked. I'm just not a believer in passing on the best TB you can get this year because you think you can get better ones the year after.

Reaction Score
offered:

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dl- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
de-thompson
de/lb- holiness
te/de- stapleton
te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol-^
lb-^

radar:

-n. beckford goes to 2014 class now. transferred from nd ffld in ct to a school in va. i couldn't read the rivals article but that seems to be the answer to it.
-some more names added to radar, a bunch of the names are jc kids were showing interest in. they seem to be more dbs and line guys which is interesting considering our issues for next year.

Just saw an update in rivals on DT McGill... It appears we're still in the running...

Reaction Score
irving muniz will be at the game this weekend.

toney is getting strong interest from uconn and rutgers

Got any more info on Irving Muniz bro? He's a hard one to find anything on... totally under the radar...

Reaction Score
I think we should have Joyner up for a visit or a game soon...he's only 40-45 minutes away.

Reaction Score
HfD - The article pretty much mentioned 5 schools for DT McGill including us... We may get a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom