2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dan, scratch Hoover. TOS has him a heavy lean to AZ State, w/CSU 2d.

pj

Reaction Score
Thanks, Dan. Haven't been seeing much recruiting news or looking for it (too busy).

Here's a video of Dorian Miller saying he's feeling pressure to commit for fear slots may disappear ... planning officials to UNC, Rutgers, UConn, maybe 2 others: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/videonetwork/1812781077001/Metuchen-football-player-Dorian-Miller

Companion story: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...t-Metuchen?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s

We seem to be in similar shape with Chasz Wright, whose top 3 is NC State, Penn State, UConn. Would love to pick up both.

Laray Smith was at the USC-Syracuse game and still seems to like Syracuse. He'll take visits in December: http://orangefizz.net/2012/09/thund...y-smith-thinking-power-backfield-at-syracuse/

Roman Clay story: http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/731027_Roman-Clay-keeps-perspective.html The game where he had 442 yards he didn't even play the 4th quarter. He had 6 TDs including runs of 76, 76, 67, and 62 yards. He is getting interest from Pitt and Penn State. Have a feeling he'll commit to the first big-time program to offer.

Reaction Score
there's a kid at Hillhouse named Anderson. He supposedly is pushing Cooper for carries. Had a nice game last Thursday v. Foran.

(insert Anderson Cooper jokes)

Reaction Score
there's a kid at Hillhouse named Anderson. He supposedly is pushing Cooper for carries. Had a nice game last Thursday v. Foran.

(insert Anderson Cooper jokes)

Senior Andre Anderson 5-9 RB/DB but also an All State guard on the bb team.

Reaction Score
I think you can move McGill to red. ToS has him favoring MD, Cincy and ECU. I like Camara, but it appears the staff is focused on others right now

Reaction Score
Hey HfD - safe to say we are at a point where 2013 recrcuiting is pretty much dead for us until the season ends? Don't see us gettig any other commits until December at best...

Reaction Score
HuskyFanDan, just wanted to pass this on concerning these 2 players, as I did post this question to Rivals couple of weeks back for confirmation...
. Leon Hall (OT), it seems that he is not currently on the football roster at Dean CC, so it's not sure that he is even playing anywhere this year.
. Courtney Moshood (CB), it seems that he is not currently on the football roster at ASA College, so it's not sure that he is even playing anywhere this year.

Reaction Score
Dan,

Doesn't appear Neally is getting much action in the desert - only 2 catches for 9 yds after 4 games.

Reaction Score
Dan,

ToS sugests we are taking a hard look at Davenport, the 6'8" OL from So. Jersey. Seems Temple offered him and told him he could play FB and BB.

Reaction Score
looks like RB Laray Smith is garnering some real interest from WVU now... guess they may see him as a RB/WR type?

Reaction Score
If u look at WVU's offense it's like they recruit kids that play BOTH positions... a bunch a Tavon Austins running around....

Reaction Score
Arkeel Newsome got injured tonight. First series as a CB!
Tried a few carries (had about 6 carries, 30 yards and a TD).
Ansonia only plays two seniors.
WR Andrew Matos is a D-1 talent. Played a lot of RB tonight. Very impressive!

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, just thought I would pass this along…

. Multiple sites are now reporting that Andre Dessenburg (WR) from Virginia Beach VA, has committed to Delaware.
. Another site is reporting that UConn has offered Tevin Jones (SDE), 6’4” 260lbs from Locust Grove GA. Apparently he also has offers from FIU, Georgia ST and UCF…

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, just thought I would pass this along…

. Multiple sites are now reporting that Andre Dessenburg (WR) from Virginia Beach VA, has committed to Delaware.
. Another site is reporting that UConn has offered Tevin Jones (SDE), 6’4” 260lbs from Locust Grove GA. Apparently he also has offers from FIU, Georgia ST and UCF…
Doesn't look like Tevin Jones is on too many recruiting boards... couldn't find much on him.. looks like an under the radar kid...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/news/_/id/134657/tevin-jones
http://www.henryherald.com/news/2012/sep/26/friday-night-stars-week-5/

Reaction Score
Now 6'3 250lb DE Dom Toney set to visit on the 13th ( per rivals )

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ok he goes to purple on the radar from black. i'll just edit the post about your ktuck to reflect that.

another note:
i have recently seen a few st asylum football players tweeting about uconn. they are d2. interesting. both of the players seem to be OL guys.

HuskyfanDan, sorry for getting back to you so late.. 247Sports is reporting on the UConn Offers part of thier site that we have offered Jones...

has a ucf offer. i like seeing other offers.

marriner told me we are in his top 2.i suggest all u twitter folks like me go to my page and get his twitter name and spit some good words his way.

Why doesn't he already commit then? Doesn't make any sense.. Is our program that unattractive to RB recruits? Are we good enough get "under the radar" RBs only now? This one's annoying me, gotta admit that much...

i think we are in good shape. i also think hes waiting on something. either its something with admissions to uconn or a certain program or hes waiting on another school to offer. i have no problem with him taking his time and doing whats best for him, its part of the game. if the wvu interest lately is true, this could be setting up for another dagger. hope it is not tho and we land him as we need to get a rb in this class and get going on other kids. we need to land marrine, fuchs and 1 of jeune/dunn/stevens type to get this class back on track of where it was going late summer. plenty of time but the trail has been dry now for over a month. a bit fustrating considering our first 5 games i guess.

Dan, I am completely lost on color coding scheme for recruits, but ToS has an article up on Officer and it does not sound like we are recruiting him - he mentioned a number of schools coming after him, none of which is named UConn

ok officer will go from black to red

color:
blue-commit
green-we after in his top list w/e that may be or we are a favorite. basic media suggesting that.
purple- there is good interest
black-we have offered(offer chart) but havn't seen news either good or bad
red-we have offered(offer chart) but have seen bad news. not interested, didn't make a top list etc

on the radar chart purple is good interest but no offer, red is not favorable on us even with no offer.

stevens "hearing" from wvu. we were # with ucse/asu/unc as well

we offered a fl kid, mike flood. hes a qb so not sure what the staff sees him as. could be a ath or could be a qb and were in trouble elsewhere. who knows with this staff.

Magic Josh™@JoshBHernandezz
Well, only 1,972,307.87 minutes till I get my bachelor's degree...
Details Expand Collapse

8hDarryl Hinojos@darryl_MR_87
@JoshBHernandezz I got a offer from UCONN!!!!

View conversation Hide conversation

• 1 Retweet
10:56 AM - 11 Oct 12 · Details
Tweet textReply to @darryl_MR_87 @JoshBHernandezz
  • @

Image will appear as a link

Add location
Link will appear shortenedLinks will appear shortened140Tweet
6hMagic Josh™@JoshBHernandezz
@darryl_MR_87 are you gonna take it?!
Details Expand Collapse

6hDarryl Hinojos@darryl_MR_87
@JoshBHernandezz hell yea
Details Expand Collapse

6hMagic Josh™@JoshBHernandezz
@darryl_MR_87 it never hurts to hear other options!
Details Expand Collapse

#Compete@core6athletes
Uconn first BCS school to offer Core 6 Athletes Junior College OL Matt Finnin.

we were interested back in 09 i think and he went to western mich in 2010. somehow ended up juco route and now we have offered. has fiu/marsh/mac offers also. sounds like we are going to go ham after many OL. juco kids, d2 kids and so on. unreal to think were in this position right now.

also we offered that juco TE i posted about earlier, bummer we havn't offered joyner yet...

once again i'm not sure wtf were doing. if that kids offers are legit, hes a big time get. how can we be after him but also some d2 players at the same time. i'm just lost here with what were aiming for as a whole. i'm not going to be able to update the chart for a while, going to be on the cell(to messy)...some 1 do it up!

A new name to watch on the radar apparently is Marquel Combs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquel-Combs-133069

Here is a tweet I saw today:

@NotTheFakeJO: @TheReal_92 Washington state, uconn, southern miss, north Texas & wyoming”wsu my be in there and uconn

His twitter handle is @TheReal_92.....lets get him P!!!!

as i look at it, im not sure his buddy is joking around with him...i still posted up anyway but i dont think it wa a positive view of uconn.

HFD,

If you return ..... ToS has an article up on Hush. No big offers (meaning 1A, except Akron). Sounds like UConn is in touch and he's being asked by recruiters to be more consistent. Says UConn stays in touch and that he believes folks will be checking out their game this week. He would be a summer enrollee.

aaron hush? he told me he has gotten up to 5 or 7(can't remember like ncst/pitt/vandy/kan...) bcs offers and uconn was in his final 3 not to long ago?!!?! maybe he has a bunch but they aren't commitable until some grades info is passed out?

Reaction Score
Andrew Matos (WR/Ansonia/2013) has flown under the radar. This kid has big-time talent and may just be the BEST (Yes, I said it!!) WR in CT. With a new QB (Jai'Quan McKnight/2015) and a more diverse offense, he is starting to garner the attention he rightfully deserves. He has stepped out of the shadow of sensational teammate, RB, Arkeel Newsome. Through 3 games, Matos has 6 TD receptions, nearly 400 yards receiving, and is averaging of over 35 yards/reception. He has also rushed 9 times for 106 yards and 2 TDs. Matos spent this past summer traveling the East Coast to improve his game. What he did was this:
Andrew Matos - Offseason - 2012

Reaction Score
what site is reporting tevin jones offer? when i first read it i thought it might be a local kid but there was a tevin jones last year i beleive. must be a different kid as i was thinking juco or prep for a minute...

HuskyfanDan, sorry for getting back to you so late.. 247Sports is reporting on the UConn Offers part of thier site that we have offered Jones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom