2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HFD,

If you return ..... ToS has an article up on Hush. No big offers (meaning 1A, except Akron). Sounds like UConn is in touch and he's being asked by recruiters to be more consistent. Says UConn stays in touch and that he believes folks will be checking out their game this week. He would be a summer enrollee.

Reaction Score
JUCO defensive end Aaron Hush continues to be a hot commodity this year. The Franklin (Mass.) Dean J.C. prospect held five major Division I offers in high school and has over a half dozen other scholarships right now. However, the major Division I offers are holding back just a bit longer to evaluate more.

"I'm getting a lot of phone calls and my recruiting has picked up a lot," he said. "Right now, I have offers from Akron, Stony Brook, UMass, New Hampshire, Towson, Rhode Island and James Madison."

What happened to the offers during his high school career from Connecticut, NC State, Penn State, Pittsburgh and Vanderbilt?

"Those schools are staying in touch and just want to see me play consistent," he said. "A couple have called me, but most want to see how I play against Nassau this weekend. That's going to be the deciding thing if I get an offer."

The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder mentioned a few other programs are in touch including Florida State, Miami, Texas A&M and more.

Reaction Score
also has navy and offers^

as for that juco kids combs, seems to be a kansas lock fwiw...

we need to focus on fuchs, marriner, hush, stevens and dunn. get us to 20 commits and if we land these 5 it would be our best class to date easy stats wise no matter how u spin it. then those last 3 to 5 spots can be interesting between juco/prep kids and late bloomers or a suprise or 2. seems we def need the following for sure-rb, ot, lb, dl, te, wr, db.
UConn's great facilities are not going to be enough to get Fuchs. Fuchs' dad likes his son to be on winning teams, so unless things turn around ASAP, it will not be an easy get. Trust me, I'm hoping we get him, but I'm just saying!!

Reaction Score
Fuchs' dad likes his son to be on winning teams, so unless things turn around ASAP, it will not be an easy get.

Most parents want to see their kids on winning teams (I know I do) so is this based on gut or intel?

pj

Reaction Score
Whether or not UConn is winning now, they will be a winning team in the future. It's only more likely to be the case with Fuchs.

Reaction Score
Most parents want to see their kids on winning teams (I know I do) so is this based on gut or intel?
I say a little of both. I know someone, who knows someone that knows someone who knows the dad. So I guess it's third-hand intel.

Reaction Score
I say a little of both. I know someone, who knows someone that knows someone who knows the dad. So I guess it's third-hand intel.

Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

Reaction Score
Totally serious! I didn't say I knew the guy...all I know is what was told to me third, fourth hand. All I know is that the guy's name is Mike and hey who wouldn't want their kid to choose a winning program.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
twitter ppl, go wish jalen stevens a happy bday and show him the uconn family love.

Reaction Score
Two of the best HS players in CT were at the Temple game last Saturday.
Both are UCONN commits. But for baseball. Outfielders Milone from Masuk and Olmstead from Greenwich were in attendance.
Both could play D-1 football IMHO.

Reaction Score
Hey HfD - take Davenport off the 'radar' list (OL)... He committed to ODU back on 10/9/12

Reaction Score
I hate to say this but I wouldn't blame Fuchs for choosing RU over us.. They show commitment to throwing the football to their WRs... and they have BIG WRs that they utilize... He fits their mold.. So friggin frustrating that we can't build a true identity for our WRs... So doggone inconsisitent....

Reaction Score
by the way, JUCO WR Martell Clark isn't even playing this season.. has some sort of knee injury...

Reaction Score
HfD - who is Hinojos? you have him on the 'radar' list.. details?

Reaction Score
Some Coffeyville Community College TE who tweeted that he had an offer from UConn, his only offer, and when asked if would accept said "Hell yeah!" ... he has 2 receptions on the year, http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2012-13/players/darrylhinojos7fdc. Hard to believe he really does have an offer, but there it is.
Hard to believe indeed with those stats. I think it's a big mistake to offer Hinojos over Joyner, but what do I know!!

Reaction Score
Some Coffeyville Community College TE who tweeted that he had an offer from UConn, his only offer, and when asked if would accept said "Hell yeah!" ... he has 2 receptions on the year, http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2012-13/players/darrylhinojos7fdc. Hard to believe he really does have an offer, but there it is.

Gotta be a blocking TE... If he can block I'm all for it.. Our OL needs all the help it can get to establish the run

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah but we've already taken other blocking TEs, eg Neil Shortell on the roster now, and he's not even playing. Why not get a guy who can block AND catch passes?

Reaction Score
Yeah but we've already taken other blocking TEs, eg Neil Shortell on the roster now, and he's not even playing. Why not get a guy who can block AND catch passes?
Joyner is 6'5, 248 lbs. and he can block & catch. He definitely has more receptions than Hinojos & he's right in the state--Cheshire.

Reaction Score
Hey HfD - take Davenport off the 'radar' list (OL)... He committed to ODU back on 10/9/12

HuskyfanDan, here are some more updates that can be made: Kyle Shortridge (dt) has committed to Perdue. Anthony Frisker (te) has committed to Harvard. Shane Huber (lb) has committed to UMass. Kyle Fisher (ol) has committed to Old Dominion. Wesley Smith (db) has committed to Toledo. Nicko Creamer (wr) has re-classified himself for 2014...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom