2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope someone can fill me in here.

Where do we stand with Laray Smith?

And I saw John Van Allen committed to Harvard, any reason why UConn never offered him?

pj

Reaction Score
Laray will likely wait until the end of the season to see where he stands with dream schools like Oregon and decide between Syracuse, UConn, and others. If he sticks with the idea of doing both track and football then we have a chance. If he does track only, Oregon would win.

Reaction Score
Laray will likely wait until the end of the season to see where he stands with dream schools like Oregon and decide between Syracuse, UConn, and others. If he sticks with the idea of doing both track and football then we have a chance. If he does track only, Oregon would win.

Thank you sir! Interesting why a kid with his talent would ever want to just stick to track. Or if he received a track scholarship from Oregon try to work his way on the football team and do both that way. Who knows. I just hope he comes to UConn.

Reaction Score
so right now with some shifts i have 40 offers out. that includes out recent juco offers. hinjos and flood are from twitter, havn't seen anythign on the sites yet about them. i could give u a list of about 10 kids i think are worthy of offers tonight that we have not so it will be interesting to see what the staff does the next month of so on the trail.

Way to go HfD... Appreciate you bro... efforts are superb.. What 10 kids do you think are worthy of offers? Also, who's the JUCO with last name Flood?

Reaction Score
Flood is a qb at a hs in fl. Not juco. My bad. Hell of a ath, db i thonk at the next level. Under radar.

Camara
Robinson
Shane nash
Joyner
Coggins
Wr from montour pa forget name
Cooper
Beckford
Graham
Wilson

Thanks for the list bro.. could the Montour PA WR u mention be Devin Wilson? Seems to be a little like Fuchs... Getting recruited for both hoops and football

Reaction Score
Joyner is 6'5, 248 lbs. and he can block & catch. He definitely has more receptions than Hinojos & he's right in the state--Cheshire.
Don't understand why we have yet to offer this kid... or maybe we have and their not saying?

Reaction Score
Another kid I wonder about is that RB at Choate named Jerickson Fredrick.. He was POY in New Hampshire the previous year...

Reaction Score
Don't understand why we have yet to offer this kid... or maybe we have and their not saying?
I've been saying this for months. I search daily for that offer and I can tell you that they have not offered him---baffling!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we have offered sonny odogwu. huge 6'8 308 OT at hargrave va. offers from miss st, ttech and atm. hes a prep school kid so maybe jan enroll?

we also have offered marqual combs now on rivals. i guess the question is who hasnt offered him. 6'3 300 DT at pierce cc out west.

Reaction Score
we have offered sonny odogwu. huge 6'8 308 OT at hargrave va. offers from miss st, ttech and atm. hes a prep school kid so maybe jan enroll?

we also have offered marqual combs now on rivals. i guess the question is who hasnt offered him. 6'3 300 DT at pierce cc out west.
It would be a MAJOR coup if got Combs at DT.. Would be a huge help up front for us IMO... We're kinda young after this season up front on D and will need a stud DT to help solidify our front 4...
As for OL - good to see offered Odogwu.. Can't teach that kind of size.. besides, doesn't seem like the JUCO giant Finnin ( 6'8 330lbs ) doesn't seem too interested in us...

Reaction Score

O Dog uconnhusky.jpg Wu!!!!!

Reaction Score
It would be a MAJOR coup if got Combs at DT.. Would be a huge help up front for us IMO... We're kinda young after this season up front on D and will need a stud DT to help solidify our front 4...
As for OL - good to see offered Odogwu.. Can't teach that kind of size.. besides, doesn't seem like the JUCO giant Finnin ( 6'8 330lbs ) doesn't seem too interested in us...

Matt Finnin will be in for a official visit on Nov. 30th with all the other commits

Reaction Score
RB Jeremiah Sams from Lake Mary Prep in Florida is getting looked at now by UCONN. He shares the offensive backfield with Ray Lewis III who will follow his dad's footsteps and head to the U. Jeremiah though is the big back (5'11 202lbs) and putting up big numbers.

pj

Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
Whitehead graduated high school with no offers in 2011 and is playing WR and kick returner at Dean College now. Through 8 games he's caught 24 passes for 242 yards and 3 TD and rushed 8 times for 48 yards. He has 27 kick or punt returns for 735 return yards -- 27 yards per return. A Nick Williams replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom