2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
marriner told me we are in his top 2.i suggest all u twitter folks like me go to my page and get his twitter name and spit some good words his way.

Why doesn't he already commit then? Doesn't make any sense.. Is our program that unattractive to RB recruits? Are we good enough get "under the radar" RBs only now? This one's annoying me, gotta admit that much...

Reaction Score
Chart:

qb- lagow
wr- thomas
wr- bradley
wr- boyd-grant-jeune-taylor-smith-griffin
rb- turman-williams-smith-hoover-wortham-marriner-
fb- walsh
dt- burlingame
dt- montgomery-shortridge-meant-knighton-mcgill-
dt- fatukasi
db- hadley
db- lucas
db- summers
db(possibly 2)-reid-parker-deluzio-alexander
de/lb- holiness
lb/de(possibly 2)-teller-muhammad-stevens-hush-trent-dobbs-gross-miles-thomas-ogundecko-dunn-ngakoue-jones
te/de- stapleton
te/de-thompson
te-myers
te-(possibly 2)-batten- fuchs-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol(possibly 2)- johnson-miller-curtis-wright-dunham-officer

radar:

rb-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-hamlin-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz-anderson
te/de-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin-firkser-riley
lb-robinson-oneal-barton-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-huber-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr-
ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor
qb-oneil-ford-derby-moraity-krivda-gory-keir-j. brown-imes-nocciolo-nitti
ath-duffy-beckford-green-davis-kelly-criswell-bennett-cureton
wr-creamer-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-cherry-victorin-vangelas-jones-dumas-matos-clark
db-cooper-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-frazier-smith-lewis-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-chivas
dl-booges-valantine-camara-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson-merrill

-it's being reported that auth Reggie Green has committed to Pittsburgh...

edit by hfd-tying to get all u guys involved in this chart. if u have news, make the change!

Reaction Score
New name to watch is Rb Derrick Villard from Cromwell. He ended up having over 2,000 yds and 27 tds as a jr last yr. He said CW came to his school to talked to him last yr. He's 6'1 205 lbs and ran a 4.5 at the UMass camp. So far this yr through 3 games he has 511 yards and 9 tds.

Reaction Score
Dan, I am completely lost on color coding scheme for recruits, but ToS has an article up on Officer and it does not sound like we are recruiting him - he mentioned a number of schools coming after him, none of which is named UConn

Reaction Score
stevens "hearing" from wvu. we were # with ucse/asu/unc as well

Planning on visiting for the Temple game

if we can pull out a win tomorrow, we should have a pretty good turnout for that game

Reaction Score
Rutgers will be hosting a lot of recruits tomorrow, they want to put on a good show for them, some of them have been offered by Uconn, I would love for Uconn to beat Rutgers at home. We need this game.

Reaction Score
ATH Aris Scott up at Milford is hearing from alot of schools including UConn. He's 6'3 2120 lbs has 329 yards on 21 catches with 2 Tds. He also has 170 yards passing w/2 Tds. Other schools involved Pitt, Purdue,Cuse and Michigan.

Reaction Score
Big weekend for recruit visits coming up this coming weekend, no? Anybody know who's coming? I read on rivals Jalen Stevens should be there.. Anybody else?

Reaction Score
Big weekend for recruit visits coming up this coming weekend, no? Anybody know who's coming? I read on rivals Jalen Stevens should be there.. Anybody else?

Most recruits, including commits, are talking about the last game as the date for the big w/e.

Reaction Score
Jalen Stevens, 3 star DE from South Carolina who is visiting this weekend, his team is being televised on ESPNU tomorrow night

Reaction Score
What about Fuchs?

Trail went as dry as the desert. At this point in time I doubt we have this same staff in place come Feb.

Reaction Score
You can add RB Craig Reynolds Abington HS (Pa) to the UConn radar for 2014. Also WR Creamer Eastern Christian Academy is now class of 2014 as is WR Allen (Sewell, NJ Lackawanna JC). QB Alex Krivda Pennridge HS (Pa) is a 6-6 kid who is gonna be moving up on a lot of schools 2013 list (inluding UConn) with the season he's having although playing with top rusher in the state in RB Mike Class. Reynolds older brother Eric was a top UConn recruit few years back, but I believe went to BC. He is a fast shifty playmaker. Heres another nice article mentioning a few of UConn's top recruits. http://maxemfingerrecruiting.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/2012-northeast-super-75-select-sleeper-team/

Reaction Score
You can add RB Craig Reynolds Abington HS (Pa) to the UConn radar for 2014. Also WR Creamer Eastern Christian Academy is now class of 2014 as is WR Allen (Sewell, NJ Lackawanna JC). QB Alex Krivda Pennridge HS (Pa) is a 6-6 kid who is gonna be moving up on a lot of schools 2013 list (inluding UConn) with the season he's having although playing with top rusher in the state in RB Mike Class. Reynolds older brother Eric was a top UConn recruit few years back, but I believe went to BC. He is a fast shifty playmaker. Heres another nice article mentioning a few of UConn's top recruits. http://maxemfingerrecruiting.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/2012-northeast-super-75-select-sleeper-team/[/quote]
Notice you have a lot of '14 recruit info on this post, but I understand since there is a '13 guy involved.. Good stuff... What class is Mike Class apart of? '13? '14? size?

pj

Reaction Score
I don't get why we would offer Hinojos at TE and not Joyner. Hinojos has 1 reception for 16 yards on the year so far. Are we looking for blockers only at TE? That would be a total change of direction. We already brought in Shortell who is also a 1-dimensional blocker.

Reaction Score
I don't get why we would offer Hinojos at TE and not Joyner. Hinojos has 1 reception for 16 yards on the year so far. Are we looking for blockers only at TE? That would be a total change of direction. We already brought in Shortell who is also a 1-dimensional blocker.
I couldn't agree more. Joyner's hands were never a question and from what I saw in this season's highlight film I don't think blocking would be a problem either. What's the deal?

Reaction Score

Have you watched our offense this year? Is it any surprise we're loading up on FB's and TE's?

Reaction Score
as i look at it, im not sure his buddy is joking around with him...i still posted up anyway but i dont think it wa a positive view of uconn.

yeah the more I looked at it, the more it lost a little valor, but I'm going to watch it anyways because you never know

Reaction Score
Something tells me we'll see a little more attrition than we might expect... if any of these juco kids commit it's gonna take away the playing time of kids getting the most burn now, which doesn't bode well for back ups...

Reaction Score
Jalen Stevens tweet after this weekend:

"Uconn has what it takes for me to get my degree and go pro. And also be a Big East first team All-American. That's crazy"

Everyone tweet at him to let him know we need him!!

@JStevens_9

Reaction Score
Jalen Stevens tweet after this weekend:

"Uconn has what it takes for me to get my degree and go pro. And also be a Big East first team All-American. That's crazy"

Everyone tweet at him to let him know we need him!!

@JStevens_9

So, does this confirm that he did visit this past Saturday? Our defense had to look attractivce to him... He's the kind of player that just may very well come in and start for us right away...

Reaction Score
So, does this confirm that he did visit this past Saturday? Our defense had to look attractivce to him... He's the kind of player that just may very well come in and start for us right away...

Oh yeah he was there....and came away very impressed it seems, just wish we could have pulled that one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom