te-myers
te- fuchs-batten-
og- schafenacker
ot- hopkins
ol- johnson-miller-curtis-wright-dunham-officer
ol-^
lb- thomas-ogundecko-stevens-dunn
lb-^
ath-barnwell (not sure what position he goes to)

radar:

rb-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-hamlin-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz
te/de-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin-firkser-riley
lb-sylva-robinson-oneal-barton-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-huber-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr-
ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor
qb-oneil-ford-derby-moraity-krivda-gory-keir-j. brown-imes-nocciolo-nitti
ath-duffy-beckford-green-davis-kelly-criswell-bennett-cureton
wr-creamer-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-dessenberg-cherry-victorin-vangelas-jones-dumas-matos
db-cooper-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-frazier-smith-lewis-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-
dl-booges-valantine-camara-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson

-not sure how i didn't have matos on here but hes on the radar chart now. he played for that team ct 7v7 right? JC is a great connection to have for uconn going forward...
-i'll leave mariner in a rb slot for now but i still think hes a db. we will see in time. we are his best offer of his final 3 so hopefully we get some news soon.

Running Back Michael Million Ready for Breakthrough Season

link

"Due to the lack of playing time last year he currently doesn’t have any offers but does have interest from some FCS Schools and schools such as Syracuse, UCONN, and Temple see him as a walk on right now. "

hearing that umass commit o'neil is out for at least a month maybe more.

RB took his official to UCONN this past weekend ( per Mike Farrell's rivals article )... He likes us but still wants to see Temple, Navy, and possibly WF... Has over 400 yards rushing so far this season, after 2 games....

who?

I'm currently on the UConnReport.com site on Rivals and I don't see any recent articles written by Mike Farrell. Am I looking in the wrong place?

i dont know. i dont have a rvials thing and i only check the front page and offer list at times for info. by the teams ktuck mentioned my guess player wise would be mariner, but we will see soon i guess.

Hope he was looking to play cornerback instead of running back!

thats my stance also, i have no clue tho what the staff thinks and the sites dont seem to have any hint on that. i'm hoping he has rb offers from the other schools and a db offer from us so thats why its a competition of what school to go to of that group.

I'm gonna keep the same stance on Marriner that I mentioned before....When watching his tape some things popped out that made me think he could be an RB at the D-1 level..he runs smart and patiently waits for his blocks to set up, he has decent top end speed, and hes a big time fighter for yards sometimes taking 3 or 4 to take him down which I love...Obviously he doesn't have the big time offers as a couple of our other options left but what else do you guys see that is red flag worthy????.........The guy is killing it this year too.....I realize you guys want room to add one of the bigger time rb's (laray or dez, or even hoover) and then possibly 2 next year but nothing is guaranteed with any of those kids and I think this kid would be a solid slightly-under the radar pick up at RB. With MH moving on shortly that frees up another spot as well in the near future (maybe for next year, maybe for the year after).

my flag is that he is 5'9. we have small backs here already. dez is bulky and laray is tall and can put on weight. clay is bulky. i think we need a big back to complement lyle. i would really like to get a big back this year and a few different types next year as u know. mariner is good back but for a small guy he is really not shifty or quick with cuts it seems. that makes me think that he wont be able to hit holes and make cuts at the next level, he seems to rely on his strenght and better talent at the hs level to get yards when being shifty/cutting rather then breaking ankles and getting big gains. am i making any sense or am i just missing it on this kid? im not exactly a fball smart guy.

if that time is legit, then there has to be a reason that we are his best offer. something just doesn't seem right.

in the hl vid he doesn't look 4.5 fast. thats my whole thing. if were going to take a small back he has to be a speedy shifty back. he looks like a bowling ball. we need a big back. NOW, if the kid has infact added the weight the sites list him at and hes runnign those speeds now then thats a huge improvemt and that make sthis different. if this was the case i then ask again, how come its a bunch of ahh schools and us in on him and no big boys? maybe i'm just lost with this one. i like clay more.

Reaction Score
Hey HfD... I see you do have RB Jamar Criswell listed ... Just read the last espn article on him ( 8/26/12.. not long ago at all )... We seem to be in on him.... http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncf...amar-criswell-healthy-entertaining-two-offers
Kid came off torn ACL injury but he's getting a ton of looks b/c of his playmaking ability it appears... Right now, only 2 offers: Ark State and KSU... but we're in on him along with Ark, Okie State, 'Bama, Auburn, Oregon, & Michigan... He must have something to be looked at by those bigger schools too... Hope we stay on this kid til the end...
His espn profile is isane - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/150658/jamar-criswell

Reaction Score
RB took his official to UCONN this past weekend ( per Mike Farrell's rivals article )... He likes us but still wants to see Temple, Navy, and possibly WF... Has over 400 yards rushing so far this season, after 2 games....

Reaction Score
I just finished reading an article from Farrell, Josh Mariner was on an official visit during the NC State game.

Reaction Score
I'm currently on the UConnReport.com site on Rivals and I don't see any recent articles written by Mike Farrell. Am I looking in the wrong place?
It was on "The Ticker".

pj

Reaction Score
Hope he was looking to play cornerback instead of running back!

Reaction Score
I'm gonna keep the same stance on Marriner that I mentioned before....When watching his tape some things popped out that made me think he could be an RB at the D-1 level..he runs smart and patiently waits for his blocks to set up, he has decent top end speed, and hes a big time fighter for yards sometimes taking 3 or 4 to take him down which I love...Obviously he doesn't have the big time offers as a couple of our other options left but what else do you guys see that is red flag worthy????.........The guy is killing it this year too.....I realize you guys want room to add one of the bigger time rb's (laray or dez, or even hoover) and then possibly 2 next year but nothing is guaranteed with any of those kids and I think this kid would be a solid slightly-under the radar pick up at RB. With MH moving on shortly that frees up another spot as well in the near future (maybe for next year, maybe for the year after).

pj

Reaction Score
I'm OK with him as a running back if the coaches think he's good enough, I was joking that he would be more excited about coming to UConn after Saturday's game if he would be playing for Don Brown rather than George DeLeone. I don't mind a small running back if he can catch passes and make people miss. Lots of small running backs have succeeded, lots of big backs have failed. Small running back is no worse than small cornerback, and we have a few small corners already.

If Marriner redshirted a year he might start playing at the same time McCombs was leaving. Our other backs aren't that small. We could do fine with consistently two small backs on the roster; with Arkeel arriving as McCombs leaves + Marriner. And if Marriner could switch to corner or slot receiver if he loses the tailback competition, there's even more room.

Reaction Score

my flag is that he is 5'9. we have small backs here already. dez is bulky and laray is tall and can put on weight. clay is bulky. i think we need a big back to complement lyle. i would really like to get a big back this year and a few different types next year as u know. mariner is good back but for a small guy he is really not shifty or quick with cuts it seems. that makes me think that he wont be able to hit holes and make cuts at the next level, he seems to rely on his strenght and better talent at the hs level to get yards when being shifty/cutting rather then breaking ankles and getting big gains. am i making any sense or am i just missing it on this kid? im not exactly a fball smart guy.

I partially agree with your assessment. I don't have a problem with him being 5'9. He is a very good HS back. Good vision, patience, great balance and strength, reads his blocks well. However, in my opinion, he doesn't have great feet. That would be my concern. He doesn't look like a guy who can hit the hole, put his foot in the ground and change direction to avoid an unblocked defender. Holes close much quicker at this level. He doesn't seem to have the "shiftiness", nor the breakaway speed, which is necessary for a back his size. If he's going to grow another 2-3 inches and can play at 205-210lbs, I like him much more. Based on the video, he's not a CB either, he seems to be an OLB on his team. CB's need to have great feet, so I don't see him converting there.

Reaction Score
I'm not to concerned with him being 5'9 either and I think he is still going to be able to run up the middle (GD's favorite play apparently) with an extra 20 to 25 pounds then McCombs....I agree with you guys that his elusiveness, sharp cuts, and acceleration need improving but I also think that he possess enough strengths and positives for me to be happy about a commitment from him. His Junior Tape was good I expect that if he has 400 yards rushing after 2 games like someone said earlier his senior tape is going to be outstanding.....and hopefully we can snag him before he blows up late.........

Reaction Score
Also found this:
To finish out the day, the fastest men at the camp competed in a 40-yard dash for bragging rights. The top competitors were Grassfield running back Vincent Lowe, Western Branch running back Josh Marriner and Forest Park ATH Mustaqeem Williams. Lowe and Williams blistered the field with Lowe edging out Williams at the end with a hand timed 4.19 forty. Marriner finished with a sub 4.4 forty himself, but the race belonged to Lowe.

The more I read, the more I like this kid. Also read he has ambitions of attending medical school. Seems to be a hard worker, who will push himself to improve on his weaknesses. He can improve his agility and quickness.....I'm sold!!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Gotta love the 4.19 40 time...

Hopefully the guy timing this Marriner kid was more accurate in his starting and stopping of the clock.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
if that time is legit, then there has to be a reason that we are his best offer. something just doesn't seem right.
The answer is in your own post. The time most likely isn't legit. He's probably more like a 4.45 speed or something. So he's not big and he's not all too fast. Not slow per se but bigger programs aren't taking a guy who's 5'9 and doesn't run a 4.4 or lower.

Reaction Score
The answer is in your own post. The time most likely isn't legit. He's probably more like a 4.45 speed or something. So he's not big and he's not all too fast. Not slow per se but bigger programs aren't taking a guy who's 5'9 and doesn't run a 4.4 or lower.

Let's be honest, anyone who can run a 4.45 is very, very fast, even at the NFL level.

Reaction Score
A legit 4.45 is very fast. And although he is an inch or 2 short 188lbs for a 5'9 kid is big......As in built like a truck for that height.....and he's still in high school.........He could easily be playing at 205 his redshirt freshman year.....

Reaction Score

Trent Richardson, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Maurice Jones Drew, Doug Martin, Mark Ingram, Kendall Hunter, Jacquizz Rogers

All 5'9 and under and many of those kids went to big name schools.........except for Ray Rice.......

pj

Reaction Score
If the winner was timed at 4.19, then we can't trust the times. But we can trust that Marriner was the third fastest in the camp. Which is not bad.

Reaction Score
Track speed and football speed are 2 very different things.

But honestly, I stop reading when I hear a 4.19 time. You just cannot take that seriously. The 4.19 kid is probably a 4.4 or 4.5 kid. Which would put Marriner somewhere around 4.6 or so, which is much more realistic.

Reaction Score
Gotta love the 4.19 40 time...

Hopefully the guy timing this Marriner kid was more accurate in his starting and stopping of the clock.
That kid is faster than Usain Bolt....smh!!! Doesn't sound legit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom