2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 29 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
a lot of updates are needed for the chart. i will do these this week when i get power. at a friends house 2night on his laptop. we have offered a couple juco playmakers recently from dean and nas cc for example...

Reaction Score
I found this quote in the Junior Joseph article from a couple months ago, should put to rest all the discussions about a "commitable offer":

So far Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Toledo, Old Dominion, and Rutgers have offered Joseph, although Rutgers coaches told him they have filled their allotment of linebackers, so his offer from the Scarlet Knights is tabled at this point.

So basically he has an offer, but he can't commit unless a LB decommits from Rutgers

Reaction Score
I found this quote in the Junior Joseph article from a couple months ago, should put to rest all the discussions about a "commitable offer":

So far Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Toledo, Old Dominion, and Rutgers have offered Joseph, although Rutgers coaches told him they have filled their allotment of linebackers, so his offer from the Scarlet Knights is tabled at this point.

So basically he has an offer, but he can't commit unless a LB decommits from Rutgers

In fairness to everyone, that quote is not inconsistent with Rutgers offering him at a time they would have accepted his response, but before he responded they filled the position so it was no longer on the table.

Reaction Score
Marquel Combs (JUCO DT) has dropped all SEC schools from consideration due to him not meeting qualifications....weird, but hey I'll take it

Reaction Score
Marquel Combs (JUCO DT) has dropped all SEC schools from consideration due to him not meeting qualifications....weird, but hey I'll take it

Ummm - a 6-3 305lb DT couldn't meet SEC qualifications and you think he would meet UConn's?

Reaction Score
OL Dorian Miller from NJ has us in his top 3 and is making a decision soon, lets hit him up on twitter:

@DorianMiller

(real original right)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Does anyone have access to Rivals and could they tell me if the latest article (seen below) is related to Combs, or is it Opara, or is it a third DT that I haven't thought of:

http://connecticut.rivals.com/

I'm anxious to find out which Big12 soft-verbal is coming to visit UConn...

pj

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Does anyone have access to Rivals and could they tell me if the latest article (seen below) is related to Combs, or is it Opara, or is it a third DT that I haven't thought of:

http://connecticut.rivals.com/

I'm anxious to find out which Big12 soft-verbal is coming to visit UConn...

If it ever happens where the main page has an article about a prospect but doesn't give the name of the prospect with out having a subscription, you can always click on the "more" tab of "The Ticker".......It will always have the story link adjacent to the prospects name located there. You still can't see the full article but you can put the pieces together. Here it said DT coming to visit UCONN despite B12 verbal. Then I clicked on the the ticker and more and found the title of the article and it said across from it Vernell Trent..............Just a heads up for next time..

Reaction Score
OL Dorian Miller from NJ has us in his top 3 and is making a decision soon, lets hit him up on twitter:

@DorianMiller

(real original right)

@boblichtenfels: Dorian Miller: Announcing my college decision Live on MSG Varsity November 20th at 8 PM on Quick 60..

Reaction Score
we have 2 dt's already in this class. we stopped recruiting them for a while. now all of a sudden we are looking at several juco and frosh dt's. wonder what the staff sees depth wise to do this...

Dan, very good point, I have been wondering the same thing over these past few weeks…..

Reaction Score

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is a strange one... Saw action as true freshman for SDSU in 5 games then bounces to College of the Desert. Boodles of offers.Also have offers from Florida Atlantic, Hawaii, Kentucky, North Texas, Portland St, SDSU, Texas A&M, Texas Southern, Texas St, and Western Michigan) 6-6 237

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/vandenburg_brandon00.html

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/92307/brandon-vandenburg

Oh, good! Because to this point, we've only acquired 18 TE's. One more will do wonders...

...in all seriousness, though, is the idea to convert half of these TE's to other positions? And if so, why?

Reaction Score
UConnDan97, lets revisit the TE position for 2013. We have 2 TE’s graduating Ryan Griffin & John Delahunt. The status of Mark Hanson is still up in the air, if he returns from academic suspension. So that leaves 2 (maybe 3) returning– Sean McQuillan (rs-so) & Neal Shortell (sr). We have recruited 3 up to this point and only Tommy Meyers is a true TE, Cam Stapleton and Quinn Thompson could possibly be moved to DE if so decided. Reason being is that the TE/DE types are usually very athletic and can play multiple positions, so staff will figure that out once they get on campus. So based on all this I am not at all surprised that we are still looking at additional TE/DE types… What surprises me is that we are still looking at DT’s. Could Pruitt and/or McBryde be staying at DE for 2013, or could additional early attrition, like Ktuk mentions, be the cause??

Reaction Score
This is a strange one... Saw action as true freshman for SDSU in 5 games then bounces to College of the Desert. Boodles of offers.Also have offers from Florida Atlantic, Hawaii, Kentucky, North Texas, Portland St, SDSU, Texas A&M, Texas Southern, Texas St, and Western Michigan) 6-6 237

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/vandenburg_brandon00.html

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/92307/brandon-vandenburg

This one kinda makes sense IMO. This kid's more if a pass catching TE. We lose both our TE's that can do that. Plus he's HUGE.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
This one kinda makes sense IMO. This kid's more if a pass catching TE. We lose both our TE's that can do that. Plus he's HUGE.

Yeah. Couldn't believe we were offering Hinojos. Have to believe we didn't.

Re Vernell Trent, he's 6'4" 250 lb in high school and plays DE. He could play DE or DT in college. The height might work better at end. I think having a versatile athletic lineman is good even if we were full at d-line, which we aren't.

Reaction Score
Hey HfD.. Who is the RB with the last name Wilson that we are close to offering?

Reaction Score
couple of notes:

rb - clement is now committed to Wisc. I thnk we can safely scratch him.
de - add ormsby (UMass commit, but UConn sniffing)

Reaction Score
Hey HFDan.....Thanks for updating the recruiting chart! Due to our season not going so well, this is the area of the program which offers the most fun to keep up with and our best hope for the future! Was wondering if there's any chance that you could re-post your color key? Most of the colors seem obvious, and here is my recollection of them: (Blue-committed, Green-very interested, Fuchsia-somewhat interested, Black-offered, no gauge of interest yet, and Red-very low or no interest at this point). Any comments or adjustments would be appreciated. But I did have a question about the red. Looking at Laray Smith as an example, I thought red meant we were a virtual afterthought at this point, yet it says he has a visit scheduled Dec. 1. Is that to Oregon (which the note is listed next to) ..or to UConn? If to UC, then that wouldn't be quite the same as Montgomery, also posted in red, who doesn't even have us in final three. Thanks again Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom