2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hoping for more TX recruits. I thought that TX would be fruitful this year. Maybe we wanted Lagow more than Boyle - just a thought. Like his highlight video. Hopefully he will bring his friends.

Reaction Score
anyone else following the thompson stuff? i wonder if we see him as a te or de? bc saw him as a de i guess and with 2 already in the class they didn't have room for him today. interesting as we are his only other bcs offer.

Who is Thompson?

pj

Reaction Score
Schafenacker would be a huge pickup (in more ways than one)! Let's win that one!

Thompson is Quinn Thompson, TE from Pennsylvania, one of the few opportunities left for us to get a second TE.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Schafenacker would be a huge pickup (in more ways than one)! Let's win that one!

Thompson is Quinn Thompson, TE from Pennsylvania, one of the few opportunities left for us to get a second TE.

were not desperate at the TE position on the trail.
we have joyner and stapleton in our eyes also. also several ath's that could become te's like davis and beckford and camara

Speaking of Dezmond Wortham, he has some terrific highlights:

nice, i found him on twitter a couple days ago. everyone needs to show him our fan base is alive! he would be a great get.

so we have around 130 offers out and a good % of those kids have committed to uconn or elsewhere. lets take a look at who is still out there. i'm going to list everyone i know of and if i know anything, if you have info please c/p the list and add to it. lets try to chart as a group whats left on our staffs board. if we can do this and it somewhat seems to work following players then maybe the next step is charting who we thing in on the radar but non offer kids. also based off who kids have offer from and who those schools have commits from we should be able to see who we have a shot with somewhat...

mackenro alexander-

nadir barnwell- is high on psu.

aaron batten-

davin bellamy-

tyler boyd-

charles callinan- bc and ruty are the favorites

corey cooper- south cary is the favorite, we are out of it.

shawn curtis-

ben deluzio-

billy dobbs- we are his best offer

dajaun drennon- big list, seems we are out of it.

jordan dunham-

jararion grant-

xavier griffn-

marvin gross

javon hadley-

shahid hoover-

aaron hush-

ricky jeune-

richy klepal-

hunter knighton- has a handful of bcs offers

jacky marcellus- had wvu as a favorite not to long ago

josh marriner-

demetri mcgill-

reggie meant-

dorian miller- ruty and tenn are the favorites, likes uconn to round off his top 3.

damon mitchell-

taquan mizzell- uva is the favorite

tevin montgomery- has a top 5 of uconn/bc/ruty/uva/vandy

al-quadin muhammad- we are out of the running with him it seems(nd/mich are rumored favorites)

alex officer- possible cuse lean

ebenezer ogundeko-is down to cuse, nd or fl

kingsley opara-

darren parker-

tylar reagan- ucf and ncst are the favorites

kyle schafenacker- we are in it with south cary and cincy

jordan sherit- looks to be a fl or miami lean

wendell smallwood-

corey smith-

laray smith- oregon is the favorite but has not offered. he lies wvu but no offer. uconn/cuse/tenn are in his top list.

jalen stevens-

di0nte taylor-

wyatt teller- uva lean with vt in it. we are out of it for him.

stacey thomas- we are out of it, likes nd/gt/fl/fsu

vernell trent-

aj turman- we are out of it for him(miami/fsu/uga seem to be the favorites)

david williams- south cary and psu are the favorites, we are out of it.

jay woods- we are out of it, likes clem/miss st/uga/usc

daryl worley-

dez wortham-

chasz wright-

couple notes:
-52 kids still out there with uconn offers that have not made a commitment
-we have yet to strike in fl this class
-alot of our rbs have wvu offers, clearly we are looking at apb's wvu style. they have 2 commits now at that position.

Dionte Austin is a 2015 kid fwiw
thanks, not sure how i ended up with him on the list lol. nice job btw with the lagow interview.

Looks like he already backed out of this commitment.....anything linking us to him? or him having interest in us?
miss st is sounds like...

That was mean. Now Huskyfandan is going to lose an entire night social media searching.

you are a funny guy. i have seen some chat but not much. its kinda weird actually that the sites really haven't got hold of the round of offers we have put out. i think a bunch of the offers we put out were timed. as result a couple kids took them asap and some said no thanks and were not going to hear about them until they commit elsewhere. i think we offered officially a kid from new rochelle btw but haven't seen news on it yet.

javon hadley has a top 3 of miss st, ucf and uconn. illinois possibly getting in to the picture also.

stapelton added offers from cuse and temple.

Hadley would be a huge pickup. We need a cornerback.

yup, i think cooper from iona prep is like mack at rb for us so we are def building charts quick at positions of need.

back to marcellus for a sec. we have offered a couple of kids from his hs. his hs puts out and several of the kids are top 100 type kids. but were in on marcellus and also his buddy griffin. were his only offer i see.

Griffin plays safety for Immokalee. Highlight video here: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/334222/highlights/7846380

wow first time i have seen vids on him. me likey. would love to land both of them.

Griffin has had an offer from us for a while... wonder what the hold up is on his end?

wonder if we gave him a offer based off marcellus. i wouldn't be surprised and its a smart move by the staff if so.

i hope deluzio gets turned on to uconn. our baseball team is legit for him and he could 2 sport it up here. his baseball offers are impressive so hes clearly good enough at both sports.

Coach P didn't let players play 2 sports at Syracuse, not sure how he feels about it now. Tough to miss spring practice. But I agree, if he allows it our chances to land DeLuzio go up dramatically. We'd be the only school at which he could do both ... SMU has offered football but has no baseball, the baseball schools haven't offered him for football.

PP is ok with it now. Kash ran track last year. depending on what UCF has open fball wise i could see them possibly offering both which would be tough to beat. i think we may have a shot here...

every one hit up demetri mcgill @_meat56. he has a uconn offer and he would be a good get.

Baseball and track are two different animals. You can run track and still participate in Spring Football. Pretty tough to play baseball and still participate in Spring Football.

that is a good point, but i would have to see it to believe it if a stud qb wanted to pitch also and we said no for example.

opara to pick between wvu and md 2night.

were looking at joyner the same way as we did with thompson. te/de

miller looks down to ruty/tenn

anyone got any news on montgomery?

wholley getting married today!

kyle schafenacker, there is a article out on him. anyone get the scoop? he has a top 3 of uconn, cincy and south cary. smu is out of it(they had 2 ogs commit i think already). sounds like his dream is fsu but he didn't get a offer at camp and they have 4 ol commits with 1 of them being a og.

we have 1 ol commit, he seems to be a ot.
cincy has 2 ol commits and 1 is a og
sc has 4 ol commits among 19 overall. almost a full class for them already. 3 of them were ot's is hs but it seems 1 of them will move.

seems like were in it but i havn't really seen anything positive about uconn with him...

Reaction Score
Quinn Thompson makes too much sense right now.. Why would we not accept his commitment if he says he wants to commit? After reading the current rivals article on him, it seems like it's just a matter of time before he does indeed commit to us... I'd be shocked by tomorrow ( end of week the latest ) if the doesn't commit...

Reaction Score
Yeah Thompson no longer has the BC offer he tried to commit was told no. Would assume he's yours to lose. Solid player.

Reaction Score
I agree with Ktuk, as we need to bring in 2 TE's with this class.... and Thompson is the best one left on our board. ok Quinn you are on the clock...

pj

Reaction Score
Speaking of Dezmond Wortham, he has some terrific highlights:

pj

Reaction Score
I'm no scout but it seems like he can do it all - catch, run by people, go up the middle and overpower defenders. All-around quality back. He has 10 offers or so but I don't see any schools that are more attractive than us. He's said he doesn't mind going far from home - he'll go anywhere. I hope we get him up for a visit, he would be a great get indeed.

One more thing - I assume the Ranthony you brought up is Ranthony Texada, http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ranthony-Texada-124731. If we haven't offered already, let's do it!

Reaction Score
Dez reporting the commit is solid and that he is being recruited as both a TE and DE

Reaction Score
It appears that UConn is out of the race for Texada as he is making his choice Monday.

APA

Reaction Score
Milano from Florida to B.C. Camped at UConn but did not have an offer according to Scout.

Reaction Score
Various sites are also reporting that Damon Mitchell has committed to Georgia Tech. I guess inciting him here as a possible TB didn’t work out…

Reaction Score
[/url]

It seems like there may be a number of offers out that we/Rivals/247 don't know about.

That was mean. Now Huskyfandan is going to lose an entire night social media searching.

Reaction Score
Since Blake Nowland committed on June 2, I think the twitter guy is a bit tardy to the party. Not only that, but when he committed he only had 5 offers, none of which was from TCU or UConn. Unless the writer for Gannet's Colorodoan is not truthful.

I don't Think HFDan is losing too much sleep over being kept in the dark about a 6 week old commit. He knows tomorrow like it was yesterday.

pj

Reaction Score
Josh Marriner is a RB we haven't talked about much. He's another football-track kid, and his 55-m dash time is a comparable to Laray's, though Laray is faster at 100-m and up. (Data: http://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/Athlete.aspx?AID=1675995 and http://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/Athlete.aspx?AID=1823314). He got a UConn offer in May, and has 8 offers, Navy, Air Force, and Temple the most prominent.

Looks like for him the key decision is whether he wants to go into the military. http://recruit757.com/2012/05/24/marriner-picks-up-two-new-offers/

Reaction Score
Josh Marriner is a RB we haven't talked about much. He's another football-track kid, and his 55-m dash time is a comparable to Laray's, though Laray is faster at 100-m and up. (Data: http://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/Athlete.aspx?AID=1675995 and http://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/Athlete.aspx?AID=1823314). He got a UConn offer in May, and has 8 offers, Navy, Air Force, and Temple the most prominent.

Looks like for him the key decision is whether he wants to go into the military. http://recruit757.com/2012/05/24/marriner-picks-up-two-new-offers/

Marriner seems to like ODU and Temple according to the rivals article written today.. He likes UV, WF, and UNC too but they have yet to offer....

Reaction Score
I thought I remember reading that Stapleton was offered by Syracuse a couple of months ago.

Any word on Ogundeko and SU? No way should they get him. UConn's got to start bull-nosing their way into the NYC scene. Knock on wood Oregon lands Derrick Green leaving Smith to UConn. I hope he knows how much better UConn's T&F program is versus Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom