2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What happened to Rutgers so far is a direct result of Schiano's departure. I can't believe that his celeb persona couldn't have made a difference with kids like Corey Clement and Buddy Brown (who just committed to Temple). What this current staff did do is build this major attachment with the Timber Creek kids (they got Myles Nash this week) and I have spoken to a few in state studs who felt slighted at their Junior Days and other events while kids like Drennon and Nash and other members of their TC team are being pranced around like they are above the rest. Huge mistake by the Rutgers staff!

pj

Reaction Score
Dorian Miller looks like he has a top 3 of Rutgers, Tennessee, and UConn. SJScout, what do you think our chances are? Are any of those NJ studs in play for us, this year or next?

Reaction Score
Dorian Miller looks like he has a top 3 of Rutgers, Tennessee, and UConn. SJScout, what do you think our chances are? Are any of those NJ studs in play for us, this year or next?
We need to make up some ground and close the deal on this kid....

Reaction Score
No question about it. In Jersey the one thing I can tell you is that the kids feel a sense of trust from Coach Sos. He is doing a tremendous job of forming relationships that the kids actually believe. I heard from a parent who took his son to a Rutgers event that a few of the coaches and the recruiting coordinator made them feel like they were "buying a car". If I heard that once, that's one thing. (not the case). Not sure what happened with williamstown's Brown. Georgia Tech and UConn had the early angle on him. temple came out of nowhere. Addazio is the new threat! Remember I told you that. Just not sure how long he will stay, but the kids love him and his staff. The new facilities are on the way as well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would like to see us land 2 of these 4 soon.
zeff-think we have the lead over ruty on him, not sure about other offers he likes though
montgomery- were in it, but i'm not sure how much he likes uva/vandy
miller- were even with the other 2 right now, we can get over the hump with some effort from the staff
rodgers- past week i have seen enough social media to say he is enjoying some other schools fanbases more than ours. we were in it and may still be but my thoughts are a bit more long shot now than ever.

i really wish i new what the staffs chart for this class looks like. i'm having a hard time with certain positions trying to figure out the approach.
-wr is really confusing the heck out of me. we have noel, bradley and neally for this 13 class. i'm very happy with those recruits. we seem to be offering more wr's still so it leads me to believe that we are either looking for 4 or that the staff has doubts neally can spend only 1 year in juco. either way we are still hunting at that position which leads me to this. 2 local prospects belfort and coggins have other bcs offers but can't get one from us. wtf i want both of those kids lol.
-te i think that this is a 2 te class and have been saying it for a while. we got myers and now we are still offering others. wish we landed oniel but we have others in play. the kid from ohio is down to us and bc. there is a kid from florida down to us and duke/minn. we are stapeltons only offer right now(surprising a bit) and we are keeping close watch on joyner(we could be looking at him as a OT convert in the future). i honestly think we may be taking 2 and maybe a 3rd te this class. 1 of them will move to another position in time i would guess.
-defense? can we get one verbal on d?
-rb, seems like we want 1 and we really put alot of eggs in on the nyc kids. hope we land laray.

Dan, who's this Ohio TE you keep talking about? You don't mean Quinn Thompson who's from PA do you (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quinn-Thompson-140622)? The top uncommitted Ohio TEs don't have UConn offers according to Rivals.

u are correct, my bad on that.

might as well add to my recruiting rant
-we should offer john van allen. i think he has a good relationship with sos and he would be a good get for us to break the ice on d. same with ousmane camara.
-after losing barone, we need 1 or 2 OG's for this class. were in on a couple guys but i think we should take a 2nd look at michael senn from long island also.
-we need a lb or 2, we should also offer alwan from nj.

Dan I thought you said a couple days ago that Belfort was offered by Wholley?
U are correct. Im messin names up right and left lol.

This is from Chad Christen's twitter:

If the recruit i just met 4 fball from Europe commits here.. Legit, will b the most intimidating human to evr step on field, 6'9" 290 d-end

I heard we pulled our offer to ogundecko because this kid is a lock to be a husky. Take that nd cuse fl etc. bawhahahahah ftw!

Im tryin to find a name.... We went after that kid from germany last year that prep schooled in ct. He went to fsu and is playin i think

You mean Bjorn Werner?
yes, it wasn't last year. it was a couple years ago the more i think about it.

van allen picked harvard over bc, umass, duke, md, temple, yale....uconn did not offer

Ruff committed to South Florida. From Tampa. Offensive guard, 3 stars on Scout. Had a UConn offer.

good get for them. with usf and now ucf, it will be a little harder for us to land kids in fl because they will have to on par options at home.

Coggins to bc. In the end we didnt offer...

i wanted coggins because hes a good ct kid. but thats not enough for the staff to offer him.

-pre injury he ran 4.5's
-post hes running 4.7's
-we have noel, bradley and neally as wr commits already
-it seems to me were willing to take 3 this year or 4 if a good one also commits like belfort for example.
-there are qualifying issues possibly also

good luck to dave coggins. if something happens where we need 1 more wr in this class late this fall i hope we look at him again. he wanted to be a husky but things just didn't work out. bc has like 10 commits. 6 of them are from an area of the country that has no clue how bad bc really is or whats really going on with spaz/gene etc. all those kids just see a bc(acc) offer as alot better than there mac offers so far. while i understand coggins, it just blows my mind that others in ct have bought into that ship wreck. we will see in time....

kingsley opara- @future40million
hit him up guys, tell him about our great facilities, about how we love new england kids staying home(mass kid) and how he should take a visit here to see our beautiful campus and other stuff....

he is down to uconn, wake, wvu and md. he just went to md and had a good time it looks like. wvu is rumored to be the favorite but lets put some effort in as a fan base here and see what happens. he will be making his pick for a school soon but is open to taking 1 more visit before. lets make that visit uconn!

^he is going to make his pick on the 20th....

whats up with aaron batten anyone?

here comes another 1.

yup unreal^

anyway z williams to wvu. this is great news. another piece to the puzzle will fall 2moro(non uconn piece) and then we will have good shots a laray, the kid from fl and a couple others.

anyone know if in this new round of offers we offered noah robinson?

shortridge to wake

dezmond wortham- @dez_wortham. show him some love. we have offered and he is buddies with lagow. he is also buddies with ranthony who i was talking with last night. lagow is doing WORK for us with clayton down there. i can feel the momentum building. hit up dez and ranthony! both are on my twitter page.

anyone else following the thompson stuff? i wonder if we see him as a te or de? bc saw him as a de i guess and with 2 already in the class they didn't have room for him today. interesting as we are his only other bcs offer.

kyle schafenacker has on rivals that hes down to cincy, uconn and marshall. he also have some good other offers like smu and south cary. i just tweeted him, join in and lets win this one.

Who is Thompson?

link

were out of it for klepal. smells like fsu.

Reaction Score
I attended a few Temple spring practices and parts of it felt like I was watching a street fight! The intensity is unreal. The urban kids are gonna continue to gravitate to this new "philly tuff" style. 10,000 sq ft weight room, indoor field on the way, new dorms for players accross the street from the practice facility and a coach with a larger than life personality. They're gonna sneak in and get kids that nobody expects like Buddy Brown. Shocked about Klecko (but I can also see that dogfight practice style intimidating a suburban kid big time!) For UConn its gonna be the relationships and trust. (the facilities don't hurt either). The kids always come away pleased when they visit.

Reaction Score
Rutgers has cooled off on Zeff and they may no longer we recruiting him from what I understand, it may be mutual. Monty is a must get IMO, it will be hard, but he would be the crown jewel of this class if we land him.

Kleco was not a surprise, he was a slient commit a few weeks ago and the Rutgers writers gave subtle hints about his impending commitment.

I think we'll start to pick up steam when the dominos start to fall after Rogers, Ogun and Gus decide, just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Just a couple names I've noticed. Willis should pick sometime next month would be pretty suprised if it's not BC. Thompson is all BC at this point not really sure whether he's the one we want(think we are waiting until after all the camps) and then Montgomery is BCs to lose at this point. UVA is the biggest threat ATM.

Reaction Score
Dan I thought you said a couple days ago that Belfort was offered by Wholley?

Reaction Score
FTR, Battle thinks that Belfort may be embellishing his offers with the guys at Rivals.

I think that he likes UConn a lot(along with Camara), but I don't think he has an offer.

Dorian Miller is a guy that Rutgers has been on since his freshman year. It will be tough to pull him out of Jersey, but he seems to like UConn a lot and I don't know if he's even been on campus yet. He should go down to the wire. High 3 star/low 4 star so he seems to be pretty good.

Stapleton went to Oklahoma for a camp after his freshman year and played very well, but it seems like he's gone into hiding recently.

Reaction Score
FTR, Battle thinks that Belfort may be embellishing his offers with the guys at Rivals.

I think that he likes UConn a lot(along with Camara), but I don't think he has an offer.

Dorian Miller is a guy that Rutgers has been on since his freshman year. It will be tough to pull him out of Jersey, but he seems to like UConn a lot and I don't know if he's even been on campus yet. He should go down to the wire. High 3 star/low 4 star so he seems to be pretty good.

Stapleton went to Oklahoma for a camp after his freshman year and played very well, but it seems like he's gone into hiding recently.

Miller is more open than you might think, Rutgers is a bit worried, not necessarily about Uconn, but about how open Miller is to leaving Jersey.

pj

Reaction Score
Zayd Issah committed to Penn State today.

Reaction Score

If the recruit i just met 4 fball from Europe commits here.. Legit, will b the most intimidating human to evr step on field, 6'9" 290 d-end

Reaction Score

OK, didn't know football was real big at the prep level in Germany.... I'd be shocked if the kid were to commit and make an impact anytime soon... If it does happen I'd be happy though...

Reaction Score
OK, didn't know football was real big at the prep level in Germany.... I'd be shocked if the kid were to commit and make an impact anytime soon... If it does happen I'd be happy though...

Then maybe you would be surprised by this...

American football will never come close to challenging soccer's dominance in Europe. But the Adler and their fans, along with others across the continent, make up a thriving subculture that has embraced the American game. In Germany alone there are hundreds of teams, thousands of players and tens of thousands of fans who closely follow the German Football League.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/the_bonus/10/01/football.europe/index.html#ixzz1zKTUNk00

The first link came withh the article so I don't know if it works if not, try this one.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/the_bonus/10/01/football.europe/index.html

pj

Reaction Score

PP getting recruiting tips from JC?

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
I remember watching Markus Kuhn of NC State dominate a game from his DT position. He grew up in Germany and ultimately got drafted by the Giants. So.... it can happen.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Im tryin to find a name.... We went after that kid from germany last year that prep schooled in ct. He went to fsu and is playin i think
You mean Bjorn Werner?

Reaction Score
Sebastian Vollmer as well. Played for Houston in College and was all pro two years ago for New England. Same build

APA

Reaction Score
Ruff committed to South Florida. From Tampa. Offensive guard, 3 stars on Scout. Had a UConn offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom